Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigration: Bitterness at those who have left

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I have no bitterness whatsoever for anyone who has gone to Australia. Some of my very close family and friends have gone, I'm very proud of them and happy for them. It's not easy over there, and I miss them so much :(

I don't really care where people go or whatever, it'll be for different reasons and all that. When I see someone giving out about getting fined for pissing on the street in New Zealand and suggesting they're only going to pay because they're afraid about being able to go to Australia I really don't care that they're not in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I had any bitterness about people who emigrated but I did have skepticism. The majority of people I know who left Ireland didn't do it because there was no alternative but they still said, that it was because there was no jobs.

I can remember reading an article on the Journal, on about how Ireland was losing it's best and brightest and how screwed over the graduates of today are. They are not screwed over, nobody said when you do your heavily subsidized degree that you would walk into a job. Also the best and the brightest could possibly be the one's who were kept in gainful employment or were picked out of the hundred of applicants (if you believe that) for every job advertised...

Yeah. No shortage of IT jobs. We may be experiencing a brainless drain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Thanks for posting that vid.

My ESB is overdue, rent overdue, credit card maxed, bank balance in overdraught and car insurance along with phone and internet will hit this in a few days.

I can't afford the banter either.

Advertisement