Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did i do today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

JupiterKid wrote: »
    My Grand Emporuim and Villa Savoye both arrived this morning. I'm thrilled!! :-D

amazon too? I have to say they are really on the ball with lego deliveries! Ordered on tuesday 21:00 and got it today. The soonest i was expecting it was wensday!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

My goblin king did not arrive :(

Derek93 wrote: »
    My goblin king did not arrive :(

/hug :(

By the way that amazon check webpage became all mad on me now. it shows american amazon too, which is very annoying... cant see the option to make it europe only and only to ones that ship to ireland.

By the way, how do you work around ordering from non uk amazon? can you use same account or you got separate accounts for each .fr .de amazons? They do use supersaver too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

This is a handy Brickset feature:

http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/

I see Brickset are teasing us with amazon.com lego prices.

RRP Amazon.com
    7965 Millennium Falcon €159.99 €103.92
    10221 Super Star Destroyer €399.99 €282.11
    10188 Death Star €429.99 €265.80

Shadowhearth you're going to need a bigger shelf with all the Lego you've bought.

I'm currently scouring Bricklink buying up piece for a custom flatbed trailer for my excavator. The bits add up, €20 alone on wheels and tires, actuators will be another €15. I've already racked up €100 on ~1000 parts with probably another 500-1000 needed (they should work out cheaper as they will be smaller parts).

I bought 9395 to work as the cab for my trailer, planning to mod the B model with 2 XL motors and a IR receiver, I hoping the motors will have enough power to pull the whole assembly.

Once I have the bits I'll try document the process of designing and building the trailer and cab.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

/hug :(

By the way that amazon check webpage became all mad on me now. it shows american amazon too, which is very annoying... cant see the option to make it europe only and only to ones that ship to ireland.

By the way, how do you work around ordering from non uk amazon? can you use same account or you got separate accounts for each .fr .de amazons? They do use supersaver too?

They don't use supersaver shipping, you will need to pay shipping. your account at .uk will work on any Amazon europe site. I use Google chrome for browesing Amazon sites as it translates it fairly well.

Agree on the .com added to the tracker really annoying especially because they have some great prices on some stuff.

• Advertisement

I see Brickset are teasing us with amazon.com lego prices.

RRP Amazon.com
    7965 Millennium Falcon €159.99 €103.92
    10221 Super Star Destroyer €399.99 €282.11
    10188 Death Star €429.99 €265.80

Shadowhearth you're going to need a bigger shelf with all the Lego you've bought.

I'm currently scouring Bricklink buying up piece for a custom flatbed trailer for my excavator. The bits add up, €20 alone on wheels and tires, actuators will be another €15. I've already racked up €100 on ~1000 parts with probably another 500-1000 needed (they should work out cheaper as they will be smaller parts).

I bought 9395 to work as the cab for my trailer, planning to mod the B model with 2 XL motors and a IR receiver, I hoping the motors will have enough power to pull the whole assembly.

Once I have the bits I'll try document the process of designing and building the trailer and cab.

I actually reworked my display shelf to make room for lego stuff 2 days ago!

I am building 42000 right now, playing eve online and just finished watching Harold and Kunaf goes to White Castle. I put starwars episode IV right now. I will try to watch it, never could get in to SW, maybe this will help :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I actually ordered fro Lego.com's website directly.

They threw in a new Chima polypack set as a free gift. Now - whether to spend this weekend building the Grand Emporium or the Villa Savoye.

Decisions, decisions...

Well i spent finishing building 42000. What a build! the whole suspension is just plain awesome. the whole car is just massive! For 89eu its a bargain and a must have. So many parts in it too.

DSC_1129_zpsc040f6ca.jpg

DSC_1128_zps095413a0.jpg

Just to compare with 8070 supercar.

DSC_1130_zps08df4f93.jpg

DSC_1131_zps45b4ad94.jpg

Had to rearrange my shelf and put all the skulls to other location :(. Problem is F1 wont fit inside there at all...

DSC_1132_zpsc398c2d5.jpg

So F1 will rest on other shelf with Sets still to build! :D

DSC_1135_zpsdd8a8727.jpg

Built the ground floor of the Grand Emporium - it's a beaut of a set!:)

Thanks god amazon brickset webpage gone to normal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Stop posting pics, I hate this thread! It's not good on the wallet ;)

Feck, helms deep on Amazon went up in price again :(. They still got the same stock, I wonder why they increased it. It is still 100eu, which is good price, but I am a bit broke. :(

I really hate you Dublin folk who had it in tesco for 60eu!

I never bought one shadow but I should have, currently saving to build a man cave at the bottom of the Garden, lego taking over my bedroom, missus is not happy considering between gaming stuff and Lego our bedroom looks like a toy shop.

I never bought one shadow but I should have, currently saving to build a man cave at the bottom of the Garden, lego taking over my bedroom, missus is not happy considering between gaming stuff and Lego our bedroom looks like a toy shop.

if you will find some good deals, i should get you to buy them for me and post them to cork! :D

Finished off my Grand Emporium this afternoon and it's a beauty! It must be one of the best modular sets available and the level of detail is wonderful. I'm over the moon.:D:)

If anyone here is thinking of investing in a modular set I can't recommend the Grand Emporium enough.

Ground floor...
    91044200_img_1601.jpg

First floor...
    21044387_img_1607.jpg

Second floor...
    79061897_img_1606.jpg

and fully complete.
    46100096_img_1603.jpg

63980297_img_1605.jpg

Nice one m8. I love these modular sets, but those are way out of my financial reach.

I decided to completely fix myself on technic and lotr/habit.

By the way, I noticed someone is selling x-wing for 650 on adverts. I doubt there is a market for these things in ireland.

Nice one m8. I love these modular sets, but those are way out of my financial reach.

I decided to completely fix myself on technic and lotr/habit.

By the way, I noticed someone is selling x-wing for 650 on adverts. I doubt there is a market for these things in ireland.

Can happen, good luck to him if he can sell it but with rumors of a new UCS x-wing ( only rumors ) and the fact the box is damaged I doubt he will get 650.

My own opinion ofc is he's off his rocker and people put far to high a value on some Lego sets especially stuff like the UCS sets because I belive TLG have never 100% promised they would not redo them in the future.

True. I will laugh when they will redo millennium falcon.
    Some people went really overboard with prices. Some of the sets are just impossible to get these days.
    I am not a fan of UCS sets at all. The only function they have - collecting dust. At least normal sets can always be used in mocs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Actually €650 is a reasonable price if it is a sealed set, like the seller claims. The cheapest sealed set on Bricklink is €999. If you search for the set on eBay completed listings, sealed ones have sold for in and around the same mark. It's just a pity that he's selling it in Ireland - we just don't have the market. If he was selling that in the US it would have sold within the same day IMO.

True. I will laugh when they will redo millennium falcon.
    Some people went really overboard with prices. Some of the sets are just impossible to get these days.
    I am not a fan of UCS sets at all. The only function they have - collecting dust. At least normal sets can always be used in mocs.

I'm not convinced they will remake the UCS Falcon (though having missed out on it, I'd love a chance to get it). I think they run the risk of alienating a lot of collectors if they start sabotaging the value of items that people spend big money on collecting. Though the new exclusive X-Wing will reveal a lot - if it does transpire to be a UCS remake, I guess nothing is safe.

Personally I think UCS sets need to be seen in the flesh to be appreciated - I hesitated dropping the money on the Imperial Shuttle, but in person it is just glorious. None of the pictures do it justice.

While I don't think they would ever re release any set, I do belive they might in the future redesign the UCS sets and re release some of them, while this might alienate some collectors it sure would make Lego money and considering the recent cutting costs by TLG with china manufacturing they seem to be heading towards the typical low cost high profit type of business model..5 years ago no one would belive TLG would outsource any manufacturing to the far east considering the reputation for lower production standards, even now there are some AFOL's who won't buy kits with parts made in china.

• Advertisement

While I don't think they would ever re release any set, I do belive they might in the future redesign the UCS sets and re release some of them, while this might alienate some collectors it sure would make Lego money and considering the recent cutting costs by TLG with china manufacturing they seem to be heading towards the typical low cost high profit type of business model..5 years ago no one would belive TLG would outsource any manufacturing to the far east considering the reputation for lower production standards, even now there are some AFOL's who won't buy kits with parts made in china.

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm really hopeful that the Chinese production won't grow beyond what it is at the moment. I don't mind having the odd bits and pieces, like some of the Hobbits' hair pieces. But when you look at the CMF line, you can tell the quality apart. The minifigures just aren't of the same quality as those in sets.

I would not blame china for low quality products. I would blame the one who orders items to be made as cheap as possible and low quality. Chine can do some amazing products and some fake items cannot be told to be worse then original. It all depends what budget they get to work with. Majority of stuff we use in every day life is made in china anyway.

As for pissing off collectors - TLG said that they give a crap about collecotrs or second hand value. They make is as a toy first. A lot of us adults forget that lego is design for children, not us. Its just lego that good, that apeals to adults too! ;)

Damn it. Helms deep not going down to 92eu. I wonder if I did a mistake by waiting. :( it is 102eu now. I really damn want that set!!!

Do you think it will drop to 92eu again? I want to get big one out of the way, so I can throw in smaller sets now and then.

Any other place to look for it?

Lads, how long do you think original Lotr sets will stick around? Price is not going down of helms deep on amazon and it is 106eu after it goes to euros ( i have no idea which rates are amazon using... ).

Anyone checked out that deal on amazon where you spend 30£++ and get 5£ to amazon account?

Shadow I think your safe for at least afew months or more with the lotro sets, with current hobbit hype ect I am sure TLG are not gonna discontine them anytime soon.

Brickset is your best bet for news, there forums can be good.

As for pissing off collectors - TLG said that they give a crap about collecotrs or second hand value. They make is as a toy first. A lot of us adults forget that lego is design for children, not us. Its just lego that good, that apeals to adults too! ;)

True but the UCS sets are definitely aimed at adults above kids. By their own label, 'Ultimate Collector Series', you have to think that it is a niche that TLG is serious about serving.

Re: LOTR and Hobbit, it'll be ages before they're discontinued. There'll be a few discount opportunities yet.

Placed order on Helms deep. 106eu. Feck it. I just want it!!!

Misses mad? Could not give a flying ****, i am not the one who spends 40eu per week on Smokes. At least i have something to show off in the end and i can resale my lego for at least 50% of its value.

Now i will be able to snatch smaller sets now and then and dont be worried about big ones. :o Still need to get that Mines of Moria though...

Looks like goblin king is 60eu again on amazon<. Well worth it for that price!

Note to self:

Never order stuff on amazon if it is not from amazon directly... Ordered on Monday and my order still not even dispatched.... Wtf?!

• Advertisement

Guys, anyone know how does this 5£ amazon lego certificate works, when you buy from amazon.co.uk?

Never mind:

How to Claim:

1. Add LEGO Sets sold by Amazon.co.uk (the “Qualifying Item”) to the value of £30 or more to your basket by clicking the “Add to Basket” button.

2. When you’re done shopping, click the “Proceed to Checkout” button and order your Qualifying Item. You will receive a maximum of one promotional credit per purchase.

3. Once your Qualifying Item has been shipped, we'll automatically credit your Amazon.co.uk account with £5 within three days of shipping and that can be spent on any product you like sold by Amazon.co.uk (“Promotional Item(s)”).

4. The promotional credit will be automatically applied towards your next applicable purchase order(s) made before 23:59 on March 31, 2013.

Advertisement