Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did i do today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Modular ones are fantastic. I agree, but price is an issue. If I got 170eu to spend I will go on technic flagship with motors and remote controls instead.
    I would like something that I could thrown in with my orders of technic. So far SW and Lotr leading for me. I quite like monster hunters too, but will we get more sets of that?

No, by all accounts they're done for, so if there are any you like I'd be grabbing them before they leave the shelves.

If you're into Sci-Fi, this year sees the introduction of a new Space subtheme called 'Galaxy Squad'. Not really my cup of tea though. They're also bringing back the Castle theme in the summer, though there have been no pictures released yet, only set names.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No monster hunters? :( I though it was a great theme! Is that lego own theme or licensed? I don't really want to jump in to too many themes.
    Galaxy squad is the one with the bug type things? I loved Ice planet and early space lego themes, but this one is a bit... How to be nice about it.. Not my cup of tea.
    Castle set sounds good. There is no active castle theme by lego themselfs? I heard there will be new western one. It's a shame it will be licensed on some Disney movie :(.

Maybe batman? I like batman. :D

I am putting away few quid each week now. So might buy something next week again. I want to get a good base and start building my own stuff soon. At the moment I only have 3 sets :(. Would love to get unimog, before 2013 h2 sets kick in.

No monster hunters? :( I though it was a great theme! Is that lego own theme or licensed? I don't really want to jump in to too many themes.

That was an original Lego theme. It was a 'one-and-done' theme, one which has a single wave and then is gone forever - there's one or two of these every year, like the Dino theme, or Alien Conquest and Pharaoh's Quest the year before that.
    Galaxy squad is the one with the bug type things? I loved Ice planet and early space lego themes, but this one is a bit... How to be nice about it.. Not my cup of tea.
    Yeah this one seems to hark back to the Insectoids theme, but as I said, I think it looks weak. I'd say this will be gone next year too.
    Castle set sounds good. There is no active castle theme by lego themselfs?
    The last subtheme of Castle was Kingdoms, which got discontinued in 2011. There is one remaining Kingdoms set, a flagship/direct sale set called Kingdoms Joust. There is also the Medieval Market Village, a standalone flagship Castle set. It has just been retired, but it might be early enough to still get for a reasonable price. It was one of the longest-running sets before it retired, and generally regarded as a classic already. But no, there is no active Castle theme at the moment - it seemed to make way for Lord of the Rings - but is being brought back this summer.
    I heard there will be new western one. It's a shame it will be licensed on some Disney movie :(.

Yeah, this is a theme based on Disney's The Lone Ranger. I'd much prefer an original Western theme, but such is life. I think I'll give this a miss, though some of the sets do look pretty cool admittedly.
    Maybe batman? I like batman. :D

I am an unashamed Batman nerd, when his return to Lego was announced it was immediate bad news for my bank balance :pac: There's a new Arkham Asylum set out now which looks amazing. The Superheroes theme looks set to stay for a while, so there'll be plenty of Batman yet.
    I am putting away few quid each week now. So might buy something next week again. I want to get a good base and start building my own stuff soon. At the moment I only have 3 sets :(. Would love to get unimog, before 2013 h2 sets kick in.

Before you know it you'll be adding a zero to that figure of sets ;) The Unimog has gotten a lot of buzz, seemingly one of the Technic sets to have.

I will scratch off monster hunters so :(.

So looks like batman vs SW vs Lotr. This new hobit will be a trilogy again, so we might get a lot more life out of Lotr theme? let alone there is Lotr and hobit now, which is great.
    Batman is batman, legend of the lad! :D some older sets look great too. its crazy for how much Tumbler is going for though :(. great set, but not 500eu great!

I will scratch off monster hunters so :(.

So looks like batman vs SW vs Lotr. This new hobit will be a trilogy again, so we might get a lot more life out of Lotr theme? let alone there is Lotr and hobit now, which is great.
    Batman is batman, legend of the lad! :D some older sets look great too. its crazy for how much Tumbler is going for though :(. great set, but not 500eu great!

Oh, I may be able to help you here.

I really wanted the Tumbler, but wouldn't/couldn't pay the crazy rates. So I figured I didn't really need the minifigures (which really drive up the value) or even the Joker's truck that comes with it. So I decided to build the Tumbler by buying the pieces individually on Bricklink. The build came to €24, and after shipping it came to around €40 all in (shipping can build up because you're ordering from different sellers).

I'll send you a PM later with some more details on how I did it, if you're interested in doing it yourself.

• Advertisement

Oh, I may be able to help you here.

I really wanted the Tumbler, but wouldn't/couldn't pay the crazy rates. So I figured I didn't really need the minifigures (which really drive up the value) or even the Joker's truck that comes with it. So I decided to build the Tumbler by buying the pieces individually on Bricklink. The build came to €24, and after shipping it came to around €40 all in (shipping can build up because you're ordering from different sellers).

I'll send you a PM later with some more details on how I did it, if you're interested in doing it yourself.

i actually forgot about that! you are a star man! you are spot on on jokers truck too. i could not give a toss about it. plus i can just buy a batman minifig!

*awaiting for pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Could I get that PM also I'm looking to put together a flat bed truck and if I can't buy a kit for a reasonable price I may go down the lines of buying the individual pieces.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Could I get that PM also I'm looking to put together a flat bed truck and if I can't buy a kit for a reasonable price I may go down the lines of buying the individual pieces.

Here you go!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056858316

Well i did go in to local world of wonder, while i was shoping with misses. There were few lotr and hobit sets, Starwars and few random older sets.

I have to say they look a lot more impressive in box high profile, then i sow it online in add pictures etc. What is most important thing, that misses sort of got a liking to it! :D So from " Aye, if you like have fun" it changed to " I will give you a hand putting it together! " ( what could i ask for more in relationship! :D

Looks like i might stick to Lotr so. I really love it myself! Plus by the looks of it Lotr is one of those sets, that wont drop in to very low value with years.

I wonder where do i start? I like mines of Moria and Helms Deep castle. Unexpected gathering looks fantastic too. I was planing on getting XL motors and few other bits from Lego.com, so it would be handy to get Lotr at the same time.
    Maybe someone noticed some good lotr deals online somewhere? Or would you suggest me to go to Cork? I could get to Mahom point and maybe try Douglas that art and hobby shop? things is i dont want to was petrol to go all the way to Cork and come back empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

Helms deep is 65 in Tesco, but finding it in stock...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Theres a few custom helms deeps online. I say you go the whole hog and order grey pieces by the kilo, plus a few minifigs! And baseplates, and maybe the odd lightbrick, for when they blow up the wall....

placed order 2 mins ago for this:

NewBitmapImage2_zpsf3deab29.png

I did not expected 42000 being available so soon, for that price its great!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Started building 8258 last night. Damn, a lotta pieces... ~1800. Getting hooked on this stuff 20-odd yrs since I last touched Technic.

sirpsycho wrote: »
    Started building 8258 last night. Damn, a lotta pieces... ~1800. Getting hooked on this stuff 20-odd yrs since I last touched Technic.

Thats a nice looking truck.

i would love to put my hands on that truck, but it goes for crazy money now.

Yeah Unfortunatly Ebay drives up prices to stupid levels on some of the kits, would love it myself also but I would not pay more than about 180 for it and that would be mint in box, its a nice truck but its certainly way overpriced considering it has a single xl motor.

Got the bulldozer from adverts last week for 110 with 2 xl motors 2 med motors and 2 ir sensers.

We're you the one who got it off that fella? He was very stubborn on selling it for cheaper then 150eu :D

And yeah, prices on se sets are just lialia land these days. That truck is a great example. Hopefully the new green tow truck will be good enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Got my hands on 8258 for a very reasonable price, unopened and in perfect condition. Nowhere near those crazy ebay prices.

sirpsycho wrote: »
    Got my hands on 8258 for a very reasonable price, unopened and in perfect condition. Nowhere near those crazy ebay prices.

how much and where? :d

We're you the one who got it off that fella? He was very stubborn on selling it for cheaper then 150eu :D

And yeah, prices on se sets are just lialia land these days. That truck is a great example. Hopefully the new green tow truck will be good enough!

No not that guy, i am presuming you are talking about the guy who was trying to sell the bulldozer and excavator and looking for 190 for the excavator even when it was in smyths for retail price.

• Advertisement

Derek93 wrote: »
    No not that guy, i am presuming you are talking about the guy who was trying to sell the bulldozer and excavator and looking for 190 for the excavator even when it was in smyths for retail price.

aye, that guy. Some people on adverts.ie are just pure.... special...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

placed order 2 mins ago for this:

NewBitmapImage2_zpsf3deab29.png

I did not expected 42000 beng avelable so soon, nut for that price its great!

8043 Mod?

8043 Mod?

Huh? What do you mean m8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

Huh? What do you mean m8?
    Something like this I'm guessing?

g0g wrote: »

I dont even own excavator. :o

I am planing on doing some remote control cars and 4x4 torgue monsters. was planing on getting 3xXL motors, but i already went over my budget this time! :D

funny thing, i already got a receipt from lego.com... Looks like i might get my order this week, not next, which would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

g0g wrote: »

Bingo, usually when you see that parts list with someone as dedicacted as Shadowhearth, there's a good chance they're doing the ultimate 8043 mod. Also, I Bought 8043 recently enough and that mod is probably gnawing away at my subconscious since.

I am not a biggest fan of heavy machinery, but 8043 is one nice set.

I have a few mocs in my mind now, so at the moment I am on part hoarding mode. I do have 2xlarge, servo motor and v2 IR receiver. So extra 2 XL motors and one remote/IR will get very handy.

There is a rumour that XL motor will be discontinued soon too. I better have those near by.

Ahh yes thats a nice mod, just the battery box has me putting it on the back burner for now, can't decide AAA box or fork out the 50+ for the rechargable box.

• Advertisement

Derek93 wrote: »
    Ahh yes thats a nice mod, just the battery box has me putting it on the back burner for now, can't decide AAA box or fork out the 50+ for the rechargable box.

60eu for the yoke + 30eu for charger.

If you ask me - its a rip off!!! It does saves on batteries and it is a lot lighter then battery pack, but is is also only 7.4v.

Advertisement