Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what did i do today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Ah what a day...

After work i droped in to local Tesco to buy few things and noticed that they got minifig polibags. I grabbed two just for ****s and giggles. I cant believe my luck, but i got a Chicken suit guy! I wanted him the most! :P

Was waiting for delivery today, but no sign of DHL van. Then around 16:00 i noticed a small paper behind the front door: "post. Sorry, we missed you!" NERDRAGE!!!
    The slip said it will be at 17:00 in post. Not the first time i am picking stuff from there. :rolleyes: So i got there at 16:50, but the fella with my package was not back yet. Waited untill 17:30 in post office!!! :pac::pac::pac: Not postmans fault, busy day and friday etc. I was just happy to get my package.
    So got back home and started doing dinner ASAP as misses back home from work any time now. I heard some ripping noise... WTF?! Ran in to room and sow my dogs make a hole in a box! the small fella already legged it with something in the mouth! I was lucky to come in time and take it out of his mouth!

Thats the pic after, when misses back. Was quite funny! :P

DSC_1100.jpg

So i unpacked all my stuff today! My parts for mocs, My F1 car and a small Lotr set for misses to build! :P

DSC_1112.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Derek93

haha the dogs..yummy xl motors

Derek93 wrote: »
    haha the dogs..yummy xl motors

Not the XL he was after! The LED lights! :D damn they work fast!

I am thinking now, I am running out of shelfs! My wow figurines and collector edition games take a lot of space. Then I can't use lower shelfs for lego as I got two predators roaming around and just looking for something to chew on!

Wonder if there are some cheaper shelfs in argos...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Here's my work from last night, got into the zone and start to finish took 4 hours. Almost had an oh **** moment, finished the model and two of the motors didn't work, luckily it was just loose connections.

I've now made up my mind that I need to get 8109 to transport the excavator, I hope my wife won't notice once I sit on on top of the other

9397 is next on the list, hopefully I'll get to make the B model tomorrow, will post pics once it's made.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Here's my work from last night, got into the zone and start to finish took 4 hours. Almost had an oh **** moment, finished the model and two of the motors didn't work, luckily it was just loose connections.

I've now made up my mind that I need to get 8109 to transport the excavator, I hope my wife won't notice once I sit on on top of the other

9397 is next on the list, hopefully I'll get to make the B model tomorrow, will post pics once it's made.

Unfortunatly the flatbed truck is not the same scale as the Excavator, infact the excavator dwarfs the flatbed truck.

I was thinking the same as you until I assembled the flatbed, I will probably use 8285 B-model and extend the Tractor unit into a bigger unit then use the flatbed truck parts combined with Container truck parts to make a large scale Trailer to carry the excavator and the Bulldozer.

You could probably make a Nice full tractor unit from the logging truck tbh. Trailer your probably going to need parts from at least 2 flatbeds to make it anywhere to scale with the excavator.

• Advertisement

Was planing to go to Cork today. Me and misses all dressed up and ready to go! Then Misses got a Phone call :(. Had to go to work and give a hand as one of the cooworkers "poped" last night. At least Misses works in nice place and boss would not ask her to work, if it would not be 200% emergency.

Anyone knows if art and hobby works on sundays? The one in Douglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah it opens 12-6 on Sundays.

I think i need help! I got to Cork today. Mahom point Tesco was such disappointment, nothing interesting and stupid high prices. Damn you in Naas who can pick up Lego lotr Helms deep for 50eu! :mad:
    So i got in to Art and hobby shop in Douglas. Grabed the 8109 as it was only 89.99eu! then on the way back i picked up 42006 too as it was only 59.99eu. For Brick and mortar it was great!

DSC_1113.jpg

So what do i build tonight? :D

DSC_1117.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Did the art and hobby shop have any more of 8109? I'm looking for it and am not having much luck finding one for a reasonable price

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Did the art and hobby shop have any more of 8109? I'm looking for it and am not having much luck finding one for a reasonable price

I know what you mean m8. it was 89eu and they still had 2 after i picked my one! for 89eu its damn bargain! On bricklinks it is starting from 80eu++ and 25eu delivery charge!

• Advertisement

Well, i built 42006. What a fantastic build. Very clever and every second step you just go WOW, that is cool! :D

DSC_1119.jpg

DSC_1118.jpg

DSC_1120.jpg

The claw it self is just pure "awesome"! Really damn cool design.
    DSC_1122.jpg

Heres the bad boy finished!

DSC_1123.jpg

DSC_1124-1.jpg

I am running out of Place!!!!

DSC_1127.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Oh to have €90 to blow on lego!

what you think lads? good deal?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-The-Hobbit-79010-Goblin/dp/B008KYL2UK/ref=sr_1_189?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1359486515&sr=1-189

works out around 60eu delivered. Looks like a good value... Though i want helms deep :(

Placed order for that too. For 60eu I could not say no! It does look a lot more cooler then helms deep when built.

No technic sets until August, so it means my wallet is safe for now. I will slow down on lego unless I get some nice deal like this.

what you think lads? good deal?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LEGO-The-Hobbit-79010-Goblin/dp/B008KYL2UK/ref=sr_1_189?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1359486515&sr=1-189

works out around 60eu delivered. Looks like a good value... Though i want helms deep :(

Yep ordered that yesterday, free shipping is ofc nice, worked out at 62 euro.

Yep ordered that yesterday, free shipping is ofc nice, worked out at 62 euro.

Aye, cheers for sharing information on bargains with us!!!! Selfish *****! ;)

Aye, cheers for sharing information on bargains with us!!!! Selfish *****! ;)

You do know yesterday is relevent to when I posted...:P

You do know yesterday is relevent to when I posted...:P

Well, then you got away this time! Don't you dare discover bargains and not informing me! :D

Can't wait for goblin king now!!! I guess I will get it next week wensday best! :(

By the way, i noticed amazon droping price on hobbit sets each day... Droping not by much, but still... for example hlems deep is now 82.59£ Mines of Moria is 49.99£ too... Still not as great of a deal as Goblin king, but still.... i wonder how far it could drop?

By the way, i noticed amazon droping price on hobbit sets each day... Droping not by much, but still... for example hlems deep is now 82.59£ Mines of Moria is 49.99£ too... Still not as great of a deal as Goblin king, but still.... i wonder how far it could drop?

I check the prices each day on brickset with there tracking page, some bragains in the other euro amazons but no free postage so its hit and miss, sometimes get lucky.

Anyway just so your not annoyed again, Lego Avengers quinn-jet is 49.99 at Argos at the moment, normally 90, so with the spend 35 or more and get a 5e voucher its half price. While i'm not a mad super hero's fan it does have a exclusive mini-fig to the set ie black widow so could have some good resale value down the line or just sell the black widow seperatly to recoup some cost. Some nice parts in the set and over 700 pieces.

• Advertisement

I check the prices each day on brickset with there tracking page, some bragains in the other euro amazons but no free postage so its hit and miss, sometimes get lucky.

Anyway just so your not annoyed again, Lego Avengers quinn-jet is 49.99 at Argos at the moment, normally 90, so with the spend 35 or more and get a 5e voucher its half price. While i'm not a mad super hero's fan it does have a exclusive mini-fig to the set ie black widow so could have some good resale value down the line or just sell the black widow seperatly to recoup some cost. Some nice parts in the set and over 700 pieces.

i think i sow that one, but i am really meh about that set. If i would get any super herous set, it would be with batman or ironman in it. 50eu is a good price i guess, but if i got 50eu spare ill go with mines of moria or throw a few more quid and get unexpected gathering.

i need to start scanning more FR and DE amazons.

This is a handy Brickset feature:

http://www.brickset.com/buy/amazon/

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Built this :)

okay... so its down to 92eu... i am really tempted, but i am really damn skinned... i wonder will it drop more?

the goblin king set just jumped in price. i wonder will this bad boy will go all the way up too?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007456EYU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatch-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=B007456EYU

mines of moria is still around 58eu too...

FFS dunno what to do... misses will fecking stab me in the sleep :(

Mines of Moria is around the same in Argos, they have it reduced according to the website.

Mines of Moria is around the same in Argos, they have it reduced according to the website.

aye. just sow that too. Vampire castle is down to 65eu, which is really not bad price.

By the way, is it me or Lego Spin off themes do really bad and lose value almost instantly...

By the way, is it me or Lego Spin off themes do really bad and lose value almost instantly...

I think there's very little long-term value in themes like Monster Fighters*, Pharaoh's Quest, Galaxy Squad etc. I think it's because they're more child-oriented. Not many kids in two years time will find a Pharaoh's Quest set online and say 'damn, I missed that, I have to pay 2 x RRP' because there will be some other exciting theme on a plate in front of them. Also, because these themes typically only last for a single wave, or two at a push, people forget about them and move on easily. Even themes like Ninjago and now Chima that last for multiple waves - they're just slightly longer term fads IMO (though a small handful of Ninjago sets do seem to have appreciated in value).

*Haunted House aside, since it is exclusive and more adult-oriented, it will grow in value IMO.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Waiting for the Gran Emporium Modular and Villa Savoye Architecture sets that I treated myself to last week to arrive.:D

My goblin king just arrived. Damn amazon became awesome with deliveries lately!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

My Grand Emporuim and Villa Savoye both arrived this morning. I'm thrilled!! :-D

Advertisement