Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest psychopath in history?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

Ape Owners wrote: »
    to each his own and all..really think that the irish government are pure psychopaths. they threw the ordinary working class people to the wolves of merkels germany and so such that she is trying to fulfill hitlers vision of an ayrian europe by commercial business. no offence given ,no political agenda.

Bit of a leap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

kryogen wrote: »
    It is actually believed to be the opposite, psychopaths generally tend to have more compassion for animals then humans.

I would have thought their emotionally shallow nature would have meant indifference to animals, much less compassion.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

Actually i can vouch for that statement from Kryogen, thats completely correct. Psychopaths can easily form emotional attachments to certain animals out of the blue so to speak whereas people don't click with them at all.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

Actually i can vouch for that statement from Kryogen, thats completely correct. Psychopaths can easily form emotional attachments to certain animals out of the blue so to speak whereas people don't click with them at all.:eek:

Association with animals...interesting.

I'm not saying Michael Ryan was a psychopath, mentally ill for sure. (Hungerford Massacre 1987, killed 16 plus himself, using assault rifles and hand guns).

I have been told (by someone whom I knew personally and who claims to have been a friend of Ryan's) that as a youth, that both he and Ryan regularly went shooting birds with an air-rifle for the "fun of it". Ryan being the owner of the air-rifle.

I've searched on-line, but cannot find any mention of this in any press reports available publicly. Anyways, who am I to say?

(Both the Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had previously boasted about mutilating animals for fun).

Ape Owners wrote: »
    to each his own and all..really think that the irish government are pure psychopaths. they threw the ordinary working class people to the wolves of merkels germany and so such that she is trying to fulfill hitlers vision of an ayrian europe by commercial business. no offence given ,no political agenda.

I'd say just stupid and caught up in a conspiracy of greed.

Many in government seen it coming, but by then they were either powerless or probably more like reluctant to do anything about it and had made their whack anyway.

Many didn't hide their spoils well enough, and there's plenty still digging to find out where the financial "bodies" are buried.

I cant see any real altruism in Irish politics, not at least held by those in power.

I knew a TD who lost his seat, and a thoroughly decent fella he was too.

The opinion being held by some close to the political elite was that he "wasn't bent enough". To honest for his own good.

Irish politics is a joke. The Irish population itself is not more than twice the size of Greater Manchester. And still they make a balls of it.

Psychopaths? I wouldn't flatter them with the intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ger Loughnane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

My mate Crazy Dave is 6'9" and is a pure psycho after a few Jaegerbombs. Could he be the biggest? How tall was Hitler?

On a more dull serious note, there's probably some Conan the Barbarian type from the dawns of history that spent every waking hour slaughtering and pilaging but because they didn't have the internet as much then, he went unreported and hence, unranked in the "who is the biggest psycho ever" tables. I'd say he's reading this from up on his cloud/down in his fiery dungeon of foreverness and raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

true, the worst people in history are probably lost to the ages with nothing ever recorded about them.

true, the worst people in history are probably lost to the ages with nothing ever recorded about them.

...the losers don't get to write history.

...the losers don't get to write history.
    Don't let Conan hear you calling him a loser, he's a flippin psycho..

• Advertisement

Pottler wrote: »
    Don't let Conan hear you calling him a loser, he's a flippin psycho..

Oh fcu, is he on boards?

Oh fcu, is he on boards?
    He's everywhere.........:D

Just to touch on Hitler again there's evidence to suggest that he was hesitant in implementing the 'final solution.' Heydrich and Goring pushed for it, Hitler had suggested the island of Madagascar as a location to plant members of the Jewish faith.

I suppose writing about your supposed ideology is easier than implementing it.
    Lots of people reckon he said "a glass of the juice" and it got misinterpreted. Personally, I think he was a monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

kryogen wrote: »
    It is actually believed to be the opposite, psychopaths generally tend to have more compassion for animals then humans.

A lot of them develop their sadism by starting off torturing animals. Those Ukrainian hammer killers and other examples I can't name offhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Association with animals...interesting.

I'm not saying Michael Ryan was a psychopath, mentally ill for sure. (Hungerford Massacre 1987, killed 16 plus himself, using assault rifles and hand guns).

I have been told (by someone whom I knew personally and who claims to have been a friend of Ryan's) that as a youth, that both he and Ryan regularly went shooting birds with an air-rifle for the "fun of it". Ryan being the owner of the air-rifle.

I've searched on-line, but cannot find any mention of this in any press reports available publicly. Anyways, who am I to say?

(Both the Columbine killers Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold had previously boasted about mutilating animals for fun).
    I remember reading about the McDonald triad which is cruelty to animals, bed wetting and an obsession with fire and its link to violent or homicidal tendencies.

Odysseus will probably know more about it, I don't know do professional recognise it at all as an indicator.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macdonald_triad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I reckon "Doctor" Linda Hazzard was up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There was a programme on a few months ago about Mary Bell who killed two children when she was ten.

Also the two kids who killed Jamie Bulger.

There has to be something seriously wrong when a kid kills another kid in the way that happened in these cases.

Also, as far as I know both Thompson and Venables have had partners who had no clue as to what they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not them all, some Roman Emperors were complete psychos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

There was a programme on a few months ago about Mary Bell who killed two children when she was ten.

There has to be something seriously wrong when a kid kills another kid in the way that happened in these cases.

Also, as far as I know both Thompson and Venables have had partners who had no clue as to what they did.

As far as I know, Thompson is living a "normal" life (in that, he's back in society and hasn't re-offended). Venables is back in jail, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Rasheed wrote: »
    I remember reading about the McDonald triad which is cruelty to animals, bed wetting and an obsession with fire and its link to violent or homicidal tendencies.

Odysseus will probably know more about it, I don't know do professional recognise it at all as an indicator.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macdonald_triad

My understanding of this is that it is quite a controversial concept; yet it is often referred to in movies and the like of CSI and Criminal Minds. Additionally the FBI used to use this concept when training Law Enforcement Officers.

However, it has never been proved as a valid concept, even though it has made its way into the language of forensic studies.

Once again my understanding is that this concept referred to violent offenders or even serial killers not necessarily psychopaths.

I think it needs to be stated again that there is a difference between psychopaths and criminal psychopaths. It is an easy one to highlight but it is often forgotten, so to say it again not all people classified as psychopaths are violent or killers, and not all killers are psychopaths.

Now I am not a forensic psychologist, I do get to work with some very interesting people and people who have committed some very nasty acts. I certainly have noted the presence of McDonalds Triad in some people who have serious nasty offences; so it is present in some people.

However, with saying that, if I was taking a history and these three behaviours came to light, it would raise an eyebrow; and it would certainly suggest a difficult childhood, but after that for me each client has a different story to tell.

From what I understand that triad was just accepted into various theories; however, currently, I think the consensus is that it needs to be research further.

So Rasheed that is my thoughts on it, at this ungodly hour. There are a few forensic psychologists around here; they could certainly add a lot more than I could.

• Advertisement

And a few psychopaths as well:D

Under 18s cannot be classified as psychpaths, I know they are adults now; but they where children when they committed that act. You don't say they where, but I'm jusy putting that one out there.

children not being classified as psychopaths is a legal thing, because then they would have to be tried as adults and not minors,psychopath is something you are born with so it is entirely possible to be a child and a psychopath

children not being classified as psychopaths is a legal thing, because then they would have to be tried as adults and not minors,psychopath is something you are born with so it is entirely possible to be a child and a psychopath

I said children cannot be classed as psychopaths, that is different. IIRC there are also psychological and diagnostic issues at play here too. Such children will be diagnosed with other disorders which may be seen as a lead in psychopathy when adults.

There may well be legal issues too I just would not be aware of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Khan Noonien Singh was a complete Psycho.

Why can't children be classified as psychopaths so? If you are born psychopath then psychopATH you remain for life even as a child, give it another name sure but the child is still a psychopath.:D

Why can't children be classified as psychopaths so? If you are born psychopath then psychopATH you remain for life even as a child, give it another name sure but the child is still a psychopath.:D

Just to be clear I am not a forensic psychologist, they may have other views or certainly more in-depth views than I would, I would also add that thankfully I don't work with adolescents.

Firstly, there are concerns about giving a developing subject such a serious diagnosis. If the child is still developing, can their character/personality be tested fully and correctly? There are various tests for psychopathy, Hares PCL-R being the most well know; some of these have been adapted for adolescents. However, studies have show that when such tests are used they show a higher rate of psychopathy in adolescents than adults. If it was a valid concept it should be stable.

High risk behaviours are common in developing adolescents and they often push social and maybe even moral boundaries as part of finding themselves.

As far as I know it is a controversial topic, with researchers now looking to try prove it exists in adolescents; but AFAIK the research it still way off being accepts.

Does that make any sense?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Vinnie Jones

He's not a pyschopath, just a bad actor.

Yes but my point is you are BORN a psychopath therefore not being willing to give a child a label just because they are a child is an excercise in futility imho, if a child is a psychopath then they should be described as such, i see no reason why the same test would not work on a child as an adult. The psychopath will shine through, if it is not in the child then nothing will show.:D I am not a doctor either lets just sau=y i have expert personal experience so i know what i am talking about:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

NO, the very of idea of history is from written records. you mean pre-history, which is not what the thread is about.

Advertisement