Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest psychopath in history?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

Richard Kuklinski 'The Iceman'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Chun Li wrote: »

There are a whole series of interviews on YouTube with him where he talks about some of his killings.
    It is incredibly unnerving to see someone describe acts of true visciousness without showing so much as a shred of emotion.
    He even throws the odd joke or funny anecdote in from time to time, which really helps you warm to him - not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I think there are far more psychopaths in business and politics than anyone will ever realise. People who manipulate the price of food, medicine, resources all for money. Greedy, greedy money. They are the real baxtards.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Chun Li

ArtyM wrote: »
    There are a whole series of interviews on YouTube with him where he talks about some of his killings.
    It is incredibly unnerving to see someone describe acts of true visciousness without showing so much as a shred of emotion.
    He even throws the odd joke or funny anecdote in from time to time, which really helps you warm to him - not.

Yeh sent chills up my spine watching them, supposed to be releasing a film on his life next year too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

orestes wrote: »
    Where did I say some people can't just be evil? What I said was that people doing evil things are not necessarily psychopaths.

A "psychopath" is a person diagnosed as fitting a specific set of criteria which cover actions, attitudes, emotions, personal relationships, ability to function in society, and others. Violence or causing others harm is nowhere in the diagnostic criteria for psychopathy, although some psychopaths do happen to be violent. There is no necessary link between psychopathy and harming others.

You didn't say it. I was just asking as a general comment on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

PEDRO LOPEZ
    The beast of Columbia

eclipses any psychopath in History

Google the nutcase

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Lawlesz

Chun Li wrote: »
    Richard Kuklinski 'The Iceman'

This guy. Don't know about him being one of the worst of all time, but he's pretty fvucked up. I read the book some years ago, by, I think, Philip Carlo? some of the stories would turn your stomach. The one in particular of a father who hired Kuklinski to kill the man who raped his daughter. He told Kuklinski he wanted the guy to suffer. So Kuklinski beat him, tied him up, then smeared his skin in mince meat and left him lying in a disused mine for the rats to eat him. He then left a camera which was activated with movement and left the guy there to basically be eaten alive. He went back a few days later and took the video to the girls father as proof he had suffered. He claims to have killed close to 300 people, even abducting homeless people to try out different methods of torture, as 'nobody would miss them'. Some of the guys involved in the mafia at the time have talked down some of his stories though, so its never been confirmed if Kuklinski actually carried out all he owned up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Jeremy Clarkson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lawlesz wrote: »
    This guy. Don't know about him being one of the worst of all time, but he's pretty fvucked up. I read the book some years ago, by, I think, Philip Carlo? some of the stories would turn your stomach. The one in particular of a father who hired Kuklinski to kill the man who raped his daughter. He told Kuklinski he wanted the guy to suffer. So Kuklinski beat him, tied him up, then smeared his skin in mince meat and left him lying in a disused mine for the rats to eat him. He then left a camera which was activated with movement and left the guy there to basically be eaten alive. He went back a few days later and took the video to the girls father as proof he had suffered. He claims to have killed close to 300 people, even abducting homeless people to try out different methods of torture, as 'nobody would miss them'. Some of the guys involved in the mafia at the time have talked down some of his stories though, so its never been confirmed if Kuklinski actually carried out all he owned up to.

He was clearly a narcissist so he probably embellished some of his stories. Scary man. The only time he shows remorse or empathy is when his own family is brought up. In the interviews he is like a wounded animal when it's brought up, making guttural noises trying to suppress his feelings about what he put them through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

General Butt Naked. A Liberian warlord, estimated to have killed 20,000 people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

Never heard of Albert Fish till today, what a sadistic fcuk he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Shiro Ishii of Unit 731 fame. The Japanese were just horribly sadistic and evil in the past, worse than the Nazis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

currently joseph ratzinger, but all the evil animal popes before him

caligula was another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

realies wrote: »
    Is any person who kills/murder people psychopaths ? what about eamon dunne who was alleged to have over 12/13 people murdered here ?

He would be a perfect example of a psychopath.Apparently he was soft spoken, educated and of a completely normal demeanour.You would never think talking to him he would be capable of such horrific actions. And no, not everyone who kills is a psychopath.If anything all these gangland murders that happen are because of weak, mentally ill or mentally challenged individuals being manipulated into doing so by psychopaths such as Dunne, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

eric harris, one of the shooters from colombine, i read all about it and that guy i think would have killed thousands if he got the chance, like the saying goes some people just wanna see the world burn. he was one such person.

Psychologists say he was too far gone, beyond help. Probably would have tried to carry out a major domestic terrorist attack had he had left Colombine, got a job and got enough money to fund such an attack. Pretty crazy for what seemed like a normal teenager from a small town in Colorado.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I read a very interesting novel there called "To Probe A Beating Heart". Once you get past the over-romanticised notion of the irish clan, the whole description of how he extracted the killings was interesting. I reckon it was based off Kuklinski.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

me bolly wrote: »
    ED GEIN

The film "Psycho" was actually based on Ed Gein, as was "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

Gein had a low IQ (as did Green River killer Gary Ridgeway), but a lot of Gein's problems were more likely to have been caused by his mother.

Interestingly Ted Bundy had a high IQ, as did Jeffrey Dahmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

The film "Psycho" was actually based on Ed Gein, as was "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".

Gein had a low IQ (as did Green River killer Gary Ridgeway), but a lot of Gein's problems were more likely to have been caused by his mother.

Interestingly Ted Bundy had a high IQ, as did Jeffrey Dahmer.

But of course. It's always the mammy's fault when men kill people. </irony>

0066ad wrote: »
    General Butt Naked. A Liberian warlord, estimated to have killed 20,000 people
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Butt_Naked

Never heard of Albert Fish till today, what a sadistic fcuk he was.

I wonder how many people he had killed for laughing at his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭eyeroad yearowl one

niallo27 wrote: »
    A bird i used to live with from tyrone, she used to put toilet tissue in the keyhole of the bathroom door because she thought we were trying to look in at her. She wasnt even good looking.

Hmmmm.........how did you manage to find that none out? ...Just happened to notice it on a routine keyhole cleanliness visual check eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

EdenHazard wrote: »
    eric harris, one of the shooters from colombine, i read all about it and that guy i think would have killed thousands if he got the chance, like the saying goes some people just wanna see the world burn. he was one such person.

Psychologists say he was too far gone, beyond help. Probably would have tried to carry out a major domestic terrorist attack had he had left Colombine, got a job and got enough money to fund such an attack. Pretty crazy for what seemed like a normal teenager from a small town in Colorado.

I read a book about Columbine years ago by a friend of the boys, yeah Harris was certainly a very disturbed individual. His partner in the massacre Dylan Klebold was suffering from deep depression and they think that their personalities created the perfect storm, a psychopath and a lonely depressive angry at the world. It was also suggested that Harris manipulated Klebold to a certain extent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Yeah that's exactly it. Is that the guy Brooks Brown book? In a way I'd like to read it but I always felt he goes along a bit too much with the high school drama. He needs to grow up, I read one line where apparently Dylan and him got mud on some kids jacket and they were forced to clean it off with a toothbrush..Oh the humanity!

As if they had their reasons because they weren't the top dogs in the school. They had loads of friends, but it seems they weren't with the ones that mattered(especially in Harris's case) I mean I just don't believe they were relentlessly bullied(there's conflicting opinions about this) and if Harris was a psychopath then he probably initiated confrontation with these 'jocks' which caused them to retaliate.
    I'm not saying he's apologetic but I get the impression its full of 'yeah but at Colombine the jocks rained supreme' undertones.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Don't know if they have been mentioned previously but Fred and Rose West were bad to the bone IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Talk To Frank

Craig David?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Years ago I watched an interview with a total sicko serial killer from the US. He looked just like Garth from Waynes World and I wouldn't even describe him as human.
    He was boasting about all his murders including how he killed his brother when he was 9 years old and made it look like an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Jehovah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Yeah I remember reading about that. Isn't it strange that some women are attracted to this type of person, is it the bad boy image or what?

I think some people are just attracted to danger, like the idea of someone who lives on the edge, but they could also fancy someone like Ted Bundy while keeping him at an arm's length. I'm not sure many of them, if any, would genuinely want to go out with him or have any kind of real relationship with him. They just like the idea of a dangerous individual. It's kinda like people who write and have "friendships" of a kind with serial killers in prison. They can talk to them and have a fairly distant relationship without having to get too close. Also, Bundy didn't look like the whole idea that people have in their minds about murderers. He was attractive, articulate, clearly very intelligent and had status. He didn't look or act (on the surface) like a creepy weirdo, quite the opposite in fact.

Bundy would definitely be the first person I think of when I think of psychopaths. A psycho through and through. Also Ian Brady has been diagnosed as a psychopath and refuses any treatment at all, including medication that may curb his suicidal tendencies. He keeps trying to kill himself unsuccessfully and has said that he will only reveal the burial spot of the only victim who hasn't been found when he is granted the right to die, which will obviously never happen. Pretty selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

As a matter of interest do any of ye here have any actual experience of what a psychopath is or are ye just reading from texts? A psychopath does not necessarily have to be an ax murderer or the like,could be just joe soap down the street;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

As a matter of interest do any of ye here have any actual experience of what a psychopath is

I saw a documentary about a book.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

As a matter of interest do any of ye here have any actual experience of what a psychopath is or are ye just reading from texts? A psychopath does not necessarily have to be an ax murderer or the like,could be just joe soap down the street;)

I'm fairly sure that's already been mentioned in the thread. Of course being a psychopath isn't always going to be a murderer.

Advertisement