Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest psychopath in history?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

A bird i used to live with from tyrone, she used to put toilet tissue in the keyhole of the bathroom door because she thought we were trying to look in at her. She wasnt even good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

I don't think Hitler was a psychopath not at the start anyway, maybe power corrupts.

The Norway guy that I can't for the life of me remember the name of or care enough to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Albert Fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Albert Fish.
    With a name like that youre bound to get picked on in school, are psychopathic tendancies developed in the playground?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

me bolly wrote: »
    Chairman Mao eliminated a huge number of his own people and had the remaining population clapping him for his efforts.
    Nutjob and charismatic
    Macro version of Ted Bundy.

Im pretty sure his regime was responsible for more deaths than Hitlers and Stalins.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Some estimates put that figure above 60 million.

Which would be about a third of the Russian population. Stalin never killed anywhere near that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

John Wayne Gacy.
    Look up his wiki.
    Total psychopath. He liked to rape, torture, and murder boys and young men, and then buried them under his house.
    It's a really interesting case, and so sad because the police questioned him numerous times but always let him go and he went on to murder more people after being released.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Dean09 wrote: »
    John Wayne Gacy.
    Look up his wiki.
    Total psychopath. He liked to rape, torture, and murder boys and young men, and then buried them under his house.
    It's a really interesting case, and so sad because the police questioned him numerous times but always let him go and he went on to murder more people after being released.

Brian dennehy played him in the movie to catch a killer. excellent movie if you can get your hands on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Jim Jones convinced 900 people to take a drink.

That came up on reddit yesterday and somebody posted up the audio clip of his final speech. Was seriously chilling. You can hear the kids screaming in the background as they're being forced to drink it and every so often he stops and tells a person to drink their drink

• Advertisement

crazygeryy wrote: »

Brian dennehy played him in the movie to catch a killer. excellent movie if you can get your hands on it.
    I remember watching a film about it a few years ago. I think it may have been the one you're talking about but I can't be too sure.
    Ah well, I'll look for it online anyway and it'll give me something to watch tonight!!

It's threads like this that revivem my morbid curiosity and I spend ages on Wikipedia reading articles about serial killers. Jeez, thanks, OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Strawberry Fields

Oliver Cromwell, he invaded this country inflicting the most barbaric violence on those who tried to defend it, and those innocents caught up in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Bertie Ahern ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

‎"Nowadays only criminals dare to harm others without philosophy."

--"Der Mann Ohne Eigenschaften" ("The Man Without Qualities"), by Robert Musil

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Vlad the Impaler was a total sicko. Count Dracula was based on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭dirtyden

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Bertie Ahern ;)

Certainly a narcissistic latent sociopath. I doubt he has personally murdered anyone though, yet (although he did encourage some of us to commit suicide).

Your on to something here. This needs to be looked into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Vlad the Impaler was a total sicko. Count Dracula was based on him.

When the Ottomans invaded Wallachia, Vlad knew he couldnt defeat them militarily so he had thousands of his own people impaled and placed on the route the Ottomans were taking.

When they arrived and saw all the impaled bodies they turned around and went back. Pretty horrific way to protect your country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

dirtyden wrote: »
    Certainly a narcissistic latent sociopath. I doubt he has personally murdered anyone though, yet (although he did encourage some of us to commit suicide).

Your on to something here. This needs to be looked into.
    You could say the same to the whole Fianna Fail past Taoiseachs and ministers.

Yes, he hasn't personally murdered anyone but his greed certainly makes him a sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    You could say the same to the whole Fianna Fail past Taoiseachs and ministers.

Yes, he hasn't personally murdered anyone but his greed certainly makes him a sociopath.
    Plus the fact that he and the likes of Sean Fitzpatrick don't seem to give a sh1t about the mess they helped cause.
    From the smug, smirky heads on them, I'd say they are even getting off on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

As far as serial killers go, the video footage of the trial of BTK killer [Bind, Torture, Kill] Dennis Rader is a good example of a psychopath. The guy talks about his murders, and being a serial killer, as if it was his job. He murdered 10 people, including a whole family and ages ranging from 9 to 62. Some of the killings took hours. He talks about how he was surprised how difficult it was to strangle a person, and having to use a plastic bag to finish the job. No emotion whatsoever, just a very technical account of what he did.

He was only apprehended in 2005, a result of him contacting the police with a floppy disk and it being traced back to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

Im pretty sure his regime was responsible for more deaths than Hitlers and Stalins.

40 million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Genghis khan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭petersburg2002

Yes, Chairman Mao of China & Genghis Khan seem to win on the body count:

http://necrometrics.com/pre1700a.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The thing about Hitler is that he had the platform to develop his ideas and put them into practice. Whenever I read AH or other similar boards I'm glad that a lot of those people don't have a similar platform to realise their ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

An interesting fact is that during his trial the court was full of "groupies", young women who were nearly fighting each other to get his attention.

They didn't seem to realise that if he met them on a dark night they would be dead.
    Stupid bints. Women who love "bad boys" are headwrecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

The thing about Hitler is that he had the platform to develop his ideas and put them into practice. Whenever I read AH or other similar boards I'm glad that a lot of those people don't have a similar platform to realise their ideas.

Yeah, I have to concur with you there, I have often commented that I glad that the person who wrote certain posts will never have the opportunity to see their ideas become a reality. Especially posts about addicts or the homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Dean09 wrote: »
    John Wayne Gacy.
    Look up his wiki.

IIRC he used to dress as a clown and entertain the local kids and parents, and when the cops were finally on to him they found a skull on the table beside his armchair (although I'm a bit hazy on that as well) - it amazes me that people can be like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

The Borgias.

Corruption, adultery, simony, theft, rape, bribery, incest, and murder.

And not forgetting Mr T Bundy.

• Advertisement

IIRC he used to dress as a clown and entertain the local kids and parents, and when the cops were finally on to him they found a skull on the table beside his armchair (although I'm a bit hazy on that as well) - it amazes me that people can be like that.

Yeah he was a children's entertainer in his spare time too.
    Total head case. His first murder was a young man he picked up and was letting him stay at his house for the night. It was totally innocent at first.
    The guy he let stay at his house got up the next morning and made breakfast to say thank you. He went to Gacys room to wake him up but he still had the kitchen knife in his hand. Gacy thought he was being attacked and jumped up and stabbed the guy to death.
    When he was caught and told his story, he said he orgasmed when he killed him and that was when he realised he enjoyed killing. And it all started from there.
    Crazy stuff.

Advertisement