Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest psychopath in history?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Albert Fish

Completely derranged animal, kidnapped kids and have them beat him with bizzare objects, he'd viciously kill and then eat them.

He killed and ate a girl and sent a letter to her mother describing how he cooked her in the oven.

The letter is on his wiki and makes for lovely Xmas reading :pac:

Grim. Why did her son read the letter to his mother though :pac: Surely he'd have just kind of scanned it first?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

What ever happened your man Kony wasn't it from Africa somewhere - a big social media campaign earlier in the year labelled him a Psychopath. Haven't heard of him since people spent a fortune on bands and donations. Someone made a mint I reckon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

One of the main indictors of a true psychopath is emotional detachment or the inability to fell emotion of any kind towards victims. Jeffrey Dahmer displayed remorse at the end, a psychopath would be incapable of that. Hitler was an evil bastard as he was able to display emotion towards his niece that he was shagging and towards his eventual wife Eva Braun,therefore not a true psychopath.

Do you not think psychopaths fake emotions if they think it is to their benefit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Do you not think psychopaths fake emotions if they think it is to their benefit?

Actually they are know to be great mimics, it is how they fit in/go unnoticed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ted Bundy would fall into this, I think. He led a completely double life where on one hand he was an upstanding member of society and on the other was a rampant serial killer. I'm sure he was a great actor - superficial charm, feigned concern, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Another person I think of is Thug Behram, who was responsible for 931 murders in India in the 19th century, his name is the origin of the word thug in our language.

Nice fact. I can endlessly bore others with this for a while :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Confab wrote: »
    OP mixed up psychopathic and psychotic, so I stopped reading. There's a vast yawning chasm of difference between the two. Besides, non-violent psychopaths (the majority) can do far more harm in the long run.

I'm well aware of the difference, we're talking about people who act out on their tendencies in a violent way here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Dustin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Panzram

Carl Panzram always my answer to this one. Liked to rape men he robbed for the hell of it.

What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath, are they killers as well?

Neither are necessary killers, killing is not one of the criteria for used for either. A psychopath may kill the same way a sociopath may.

However, to answer your question it is often argued that psychopaths are born; whereas, sociopaths are made. Basically, it is argued that psychopathy is a result of genetic factors whereas sociopathy is a result of the environmental factors the subject experienced as the developed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

john47832 wrote: »
    Would have to disagree with the concept of "having to be born that way" there are many many cases where a blow to the head can turn a person into one

Fred West an example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

As a matter of interest do any of ye here have any actual experience of what a psychopath is or are ye just reading from texts? A psychopath does not necessarily have to be an ax murderer or the like,could be just joe soap down the street;)

Oba Chandler an example

me bolly wrote: »
    Fred West an example.

Did he have an ABI acquired brain injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Yeah, Fred West smashed his head in a motorbike accident which left him with a metal plate in his skull. He was already messed up though, coming from a dirt poor, probab;y sexually abusive family. Perhaps it led him to murder but he was already a rapist when the accident happened.

He was a pathological liar, too. From friends who were amused by his tall tales to the victims that survived to the detectives who were trying desperately, and failing, to get a coherent narrative from him, everyone who knew him said he was a compulsive liar.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Who in your opinion was the worst human being to ever walk this planet regardless of any innate mental health problems. .

No one can possibly answer that question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

A Piece of black tarmac was having a pint down the pub. In walks a piece of red tarmac. The black tarmac runs off and hides in the jaxx. The barman goes in and asks what's the matter. The black tarmac is shaking with fear and replies -"you have to hide me from that red tarmac lad, he's a feckin cyclepath".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Biggest psychopath in history?

Josef Mengele has to be at the very, very top.

Mengele had PhDs in Anthropology and in Medicine and was known as the 'Angel of Death'. He became infamous for, firstly, deciding who was to live and who was to survive in Auschwitz. In a short time, he became infamous for his experiments on children, elderly and disabled people in Auschwitz. His experiments included changing children's eye colours, amputating limbs and experimenting with them, sterilisation and shock treatment of girls, injecting chloroform into the hearts of girls to kill them in huge numbers instantly, sewing children together to create conjoined twins, and so much other evil on an extraordinary scale.

Here's an extract on this individual's activities in Auschwitz:

Mengele's 'Human experimentation'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Just to touch on Hitler again there's evidence to suggest that he was hesitant in implementing the 'final solution.' Heydrich and Goring pushed for it, Hitler had suggested the island of Madagascar as a location to plant members of the Jewish faith.

I suppose writing about your supposed ideology is easier than implementing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Just to touch on Hitler again there's evidence to suggest that he was hesitant in implementing the 'final solution.' Heydrich and Goring pushed for it, Hitler had suggested the island of Madagascar as a location to plant members of the Jewish faith.

I suppose writing about your supposed ideology is easier than implementing it.

I think Hitler was definitely more delusional than psychopathic. Despite his acts against people, he loved animals. I can't imagine genuine psychopaths care much for anyone, including animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Ape Owners

to each his own and all..really think that the irish government are pure psychopaths. they threw the ordinary working class people to the wolves of merkels germany and so such that she is trying to fulfill hitlers vision of an ayrian europe by commercial business. no offence given ,no political agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Simon Cowell is up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think Hitler was definitely more delusional than psychopathic. Despite his acts against people, he loved animals. I can't imagine genuine psychopaths care much for anyone, including animals.

It is actually believed to be the opposite, psychopaths generally tend to have more compassion for animals then humans.

dunno ,this not my thing lads...i fly hawks,usually over in the hunting section but heres

something to read. http://www.cassiopaea.com/cassiopaea/psychopath.htm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Ape Owners wrote: »
    to each his own and all..really think that the irish government are pure psychopaths. they threw the ordinary working class people to the wolves of merkels germany and so such that she is trying to fulfill hitlers vision of an ayrian europe by commercial business. no offence given ,no political agenda.

Read/watch more news. Internalise your thoughts

Read/watch more news. Internalise your thoughts
    thats all i do.only for the weather tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

David Hasselhoff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Ape Owners wrote: »
    thats all i do.only for the weather tho.

Makes sense

larry murphy was a sadistic scum,yet he not a psycho. hitler was god to some people. god was a psycho sadistic..jeez where does it start ,where does it end? look ,back in the good old days it was an eye for eye ,a tooth for a tooth,vigilante law will solve crime. still no offence given or taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Bert!.. Did you see the look in his eye when Ernie was in the bath singing 'Rubber Duckey'

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Eisenhower?
    Churchill?

Neither had any regard for human life

Advertisement