Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest psychopath in history?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

I have seen many bad people mentioned here but have only seen one true psychopath mentioned so far,might have missed a couple more but i doubt it.

Sorry if i have not read too intently all the posts but i have a bastard of a migraine all day and the voices in my head will not shut up:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

I think some people are just attracted to danger, like the idea of someone who lives on the edge, but they could also fancy someone like Ted Bundy while keeping him at an arm's length. I'm not sure many of them, if any, would genuinely want to go out with him or have any kind of real relationship with him. They just like the idea of a dangerous individual. It's kinda like people who write and have "friendships" of a kind with serial killers in prison. They can talk to them and have a fairly distant relationship without having to get too close. Also, Bundy didn't look like the whole idea that people have in their minds about murderers. He was attractive, articulate, clearly very intelligent and had status. He didn't look or act (on the surface) like a creepy weirdo, quite the opposite in fact.

Bundy would definitely be the first person I think of when I think of psychopaths. A psycho through and through. Also Ian Brady has been diagnosed as a psychopath and refuses any treatment at all, including medication that may curb his suicidal tendencies. He keeps trying to kill himself unsuccessfully and has said that he will only reveal the burial spot of the only victim who hasn't been found when he is granted the right to die, which will obviously never happen. Pretty selfish.

Bundy I believe used his handsome looks to lure women in and then was just an expert in manipulating them and...well you know the rest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭supackofidiots

Mickey Dolenz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Bundy I believe used his handsome looks to lure women in and then was just an expert in manipulating them and...well you know the rest.

Well he led a completely double life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Testify

Id happily go with Margaret Thatcher.
    Or George Bush. They're not given enough credit among evil doers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Yeah that's exactly it. Is that the guy Brooks Brown book? In a way I'd like to read it but I always felt he goes along a bit too much with the high school drama. He needs to grow up, I read one line where apparently Dylan and him got mud on some kids jacket and they were forced to clean it off with a toothbrush..Oh the humanity!

As if they had their reasons because they weren't the top dogs in the school. They had loads of friends, but it seems they weren't with the ones that mattered(especially in Harris's case) I mean I just don't believe they were relentlessly bullied(there's conflicting opinions about this) and if Harris was a psychopath then he probably initiated confrontation with these 'jocks' which caused them to retaliate.
    I'm not saying he's apologetic but I get the impression its full of 'yeah but at Colombine the jocks rained supreme' undertones.

That's right it was by Brooks Brown and was called No Easy Answers. On the day of the massacre Brooks was smoking a cigarette outside when the cars pulled up. He approached Harris as he stepped out of his car. Harris looked him in the eyes and said 'I like you now Brooks, go home.' Thus they spared him. His book is indeed not completely accurate, Eric Harris did have a good network of friends and dated girls in Columbine. Where he is on target is when he broaches the out of school stuff, He picked up on certain instincts of Harris.

Klebold was a different fish altogether, he was expressing suicidal thoughts in his journal from as young as 15. Brown insinuated in the book that Harris strung him along into his web of madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Dean09 wrote: »
    John Wayne Gacy.
    Look up his wiki.
    Total psychopath. He liked to rape, torture, and murder boys and young men, and then buried them under his house.
    It's a really interesting case, and so sad because the police questioned him numerous times but always let him go and he went on to murder more people after being released.

I've just been reading this disturbing story for the past couple of hours.
    I feel incredibly unsettled now :(

Merry Christmas

Actually one of the biggest psychopaths of all was a Pope, guess which one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I have seen many bad people mentioned here but have only seen one true psychopath mentioned so far,might have missed a couple more but i doubt it.
    Who is the one true psycho you've seen mentioned?

• Advertisement

Joseph Stalin.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath, are they killers as well?

Psychopaths and Sociopaths are not necessarily killers or rapist or the like. As for the difference i don't know.

Joseph Stalin.
    And what made him more of a psycho then say, Hitler or Jeffrey Dahmer in your opinion?

I'm not being smart now, just curious.

Hitler was not a psychopath and neither was Jeffrey Dahmer sorry.

Hitler was not a psychopath and neither was Jeffrey Dahmer sorry.
    Well sure explain it to me! Why is Stalin and not them or anyone else mention, according to yourself.

No need to apologise, I couldn't give a continental.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

What ever about the rest of them,without hitler there would have been no Indiana Jones movies.

One of the main indictors of a true psychopath is emotional detachment or the inability to fell emotion of any kind towards victims. Jeffrey Dahmer displayed remorse at the end, a psychopath would be incapable of that. Hitler was an evil bastard as he was able to display emotion towards his niece that he was shagging and towards his eventual wife Eva Braun,therefore not a true psychopath.

Stalin from what i have read was a monster devoid of human emotion which is one of the indicators of a true psychopath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Vinnie Jones

• Advertisement

So would Charles Manson would be deemed a psychopath in your eyes?

Can't really say i don't know much about him Rasheed. True psychopaths are very rare,just because a person is an evil mofo does not make them a psychopath:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Rasheed wrote: »
    Well sure explain it to me! Why is Stalin and not them or anyone else mention, according to yourself.

No need to apologise, I couldn't give a continental.

read the thread [all of it], it has already been covered

IM0 wrote: »

read the thread [all of it], it has already been covered
    I've read it. I was asking that poster in particular, why he disagreed that most of the people mentioned were actual psychopaths. And he answered me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Can't really say i don't know much about him Rasheed. True psychopaths are very rare,just because a person is an evil mofo does not make them a psychopath:D

Yeah, like the Colombine killers. Harris was a true psychopath, Klebold wasn't, he felt emotion. Kinda makes it worse. That virginia tech guy was also an example of an evil mother****er who wasn't a psychopath.

Its relatively easy to fake being psychotic (please don't ask me for an explanation of this term) but it is impossible to fake being a true psychopath. Its something you are born with,its not something you can acquire,you could acquire being a psychotic though.:eek:

Being a psychopath may never manifest itself in terms that are obvious to outsiders and the subject seldom is self aware of being a psychopath. Like i said its a disease you are born with, you can't help being a psychopath, there is no cure but certain meds do help symptoms. Psychotic on the other hand i believe is something that can be managed better since a psychotic person feels emotion and thus is capable of change:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Would have to disagree with the concept of "having to be born that way" there are many many cases where a blow to the head can turn a person into one

Its relatively easy to fake being psychotic (please don't ask me for an explanation of this term) but it is impossible to fake being a true psychopath. Its something you are born with,its not something you can acquire,you could acquire being a psychotic though.:eek:

Being a psychopath may never manifest itself in terms that are obvious to outsiders and the subject seldom is self aware of being a psychopath. Like i said its a disease you are born with, you can't help being a psychopath, there is no cure but certain meds do help symptoms. Psychotic on the other hand i believe is something that can be managed better since a psychotic person feels emotion and thus is capable of change:D
    Yeah, that makes sense, like you can medicate someone who's psychotic but a psychopath is a lost cause!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I just want to make sure that people highlight that psychosis has nothing to do with psychopathy. They have nothing in common and are two totally different ways of being. This is a common misunderstanding and only adds to the stigma some mentally ill people experience. Forms of psychosis are schizophrenia or delusional disorder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Albert Fish

Completely derranged animal, kidnapped kids and have them beat him with bizzare objects, he'd viciously kill and then eat them.

He killed and ate a girl and sent a letter to her mother describing how he cooked her in the oven.

The letter is on his wiki and makes for lovely Xmas reading :pac:

Advertisement