Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Word of warning to people, security on the door is very tight. Everyone getting well searched. Lad in front of me got caught with a bag of yokes.

Sorry man he is on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Better line up today but atmosphere horrible. Depends on what floats your boat. Too many Dublin poseurs, if you don't fit that profile, you won't feel welcome or wanted and not worth coming if this is held again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Better line up today but atmosphere horrible. Depends on what floats your boat. Too many Dublin poseurs, if you don't fit that profile, you won't feel welcome or wanted and not worth coming if this is held again.

This has to be the best complaint I have ever heard about a festival. Gone are the days of stabbings, tent fires and violence. Sounds like it was a great festival.

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    This has to be the best complaint I have ever heard about a festival. Gone are the days of stabbings, tent fires and violence. Sounds like it was a great festival.

Consummate boards.ie rhetorical response. Proof to myself why I rarely post here. The Cool Contemporary Irish are always right, even if it involves a debate over the merits of Heinz Baked Beans over Aldi. They'll still be w@nking in their coffins over Debbie Harry, David Byrne and Leonard Cohen in 2068.

Consummate boards.ie rhetorical response. Proof to myself why I rarely post here. The Cool Contemporary Irish are always right, even if it involves a debate over the merits of Heinz Baked Beans over Aldi. They'll still be w@nking in their coffins over Debbie Harry, David Byrne and Leonard Cohen in 2068.

No I'm generally surprised. Albeit its been three years since I was at an outdoors gig but if this is the only complaint it is a positive one and from reading the rest of t he thread it seems like the festival was a nice and safe place to be compared with other Irish gigs and festivals. Its these traits that will encourage the same numbers to attend next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭tolow

I thought it was a great day out yesterday, I thought the vibe around the festival was pretty good and sen no trouble at all!! Definitely no complaints!! Paul Kalkbrenner was absolutely amazing, when he played sky and sand the place went mental !! Great atmosphere definitely my favorite part of the day :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Nail on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I think you need to get over yourself to be honest.

I think you need to get over yourself to be honest.

I'm responding to someone who had a go at me, if you had taken the time to read the thread. Sorry if my post pushed a pretentious button with you. Errr, on that point, actually not. And I'm sure your leather skin can take it.

I'm responding to someone who had a go at me, if you had taken the time to read the thread. Sorry if my post pushed a pretentious button with you. Errr, on that point, actually not. And I'm sure your leather skin can take it.

Had a go? I was making an honest comment on your statement without any cynicism.

• Advertisement

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Had a go? I was making an honest comment on your statement without any cynicism.

Come to the festival first by paying for your ticket, then make your comment. It wasn't a pleasant weekend, but not MCD's fault. I'd rather go to the original Latitude next year.

Nope no buttons pushed with me unfortunately if that's what you were hoping! I don't have a particular affinity for those acts of that's what you mean.

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly what you're even complaining about. You seem to just be trying to paint everyone at the festival that wasn't you with a very vague brush.

Yeah there's going to be a certain number of dopes at every festival but if they're doing no harm to you there's no need to get precious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Just back into my hotel,completely sober, the first time ever not drinking at a festival (due to medical reasons). I didn't see any problems, a few people a little worse for wear but no worse than any town or village in Ireland on any Sunday night, even an orderly queue for the bus back into town. Alot of poseurs but they weren't messy or annoying, loud maybe. Poor choice of Veggie food though..Saw Gerry Fish in the Speakeasy he had the place hopping.brilliant...The Minutes were great too, my 1st time seeing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Kraftwerk bored me so much I left a half hour early. Otherwise it was a good day and a decent festival overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Please don't lynch me but I'm sorry but i found Kraftwerk to be absolute dross! Anyone with me?

Kraftwerk weren't really my cup of tea either to be honest. Just doesn't really interest me for long and find it a bit boring really.

Otherwise I though today's music was great! Japandroids were good (got their drumstick :pac:), then Frightened Rabbit and the Minutes were also class. The Yeah Yeah Yeah's were fantastic, Karen O manages to combine Boots Electric with Triple H :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Come to the festival first by paying for your ticket, then make your comment. It wasn't a pleasant weekend, but not MCD's fault. I'd rather go to the original Latitude next year.

I had a great time. It ain't longitudes fault if you didn't enjoy yourself, it's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Kraftwerk were amazing, the sound and visuals
    were perfect.

Hot Chip were my surprise hit. Excellent gig, all killer and no filler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

What are 'Dublin poseurs'? If there are bands that you want to see, and you are there with friends, who gives a crap what anybody else is thinking? People seemed pleasant enough, and there was no aggression as far as I could see. If a couple of 'poseurs' (Dublin-based or otherwise) are going to ruin the whole weekend you might think of not bothering with festivals or gigs in future.

I thought the festival was reasonably well organised (bar the toilets and some of the one-way routes) and the lineup was great. Add in the weather and it was a great weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

what did people expecting from kraftwerk? yeah they're pioneeers but they are well past it now and well out of date, for what those four lads use to do in back in the day on their keyboards , you now can do it on a computer and all it takes is one person, i dont know weather thats a good or a bad thing:P but in all fairness 4 50+ men pressing buttons ,would bound to get boring

• Advertisement

Well I'm definitely out of touch here. Thought Kraftwerk's set was amazing and the 3D worked well. Yeah Yeah Yeahs didn't translate to a live setting as well as I thought. Stand by my comment about it being an unfriendly festival, which does have an impact even if with your own friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I had a grand time. I've seen better gigs by Hot Chip, YYY's and Kraftwerk (they were amazing at an Electric Picnic about 7 years ago)

Lovely weather in Marlay park. Girls, you looked fabulous in shorts and skirts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I didn't go to this, but I'm going to EP. The problem is that there seems to be an influx of both scumbags and posers at festivals in this great country of ours (I detest both) So, to detere this, I suggest there be a fence all us neutrals can sit on. I'll be the one in a hoodie, tracksuit, oversized ray-bans and bleached teeth to fight off all evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Jesus, people must have been at a different set to me

Kraftwerk were amazing, the subtle 3d worked so well. Great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Kraftwerk, YYYs and Hot Chip were all class imo. No complaints.

Half moone run were sweet as well

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Jesus, people must have been at a different set to me

Kraftwerk were amazing, the subtle 3d worked so well. Great gig

I've been to every Electric Picnic, Kraftwerk 7 or 8 years ago is probably the best gig I've seen there.
    R A D I O A C T I V I T Y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

I've been to every Electric Picnic, Kraftwerk 7 or 8 years ago is probably the best gig I've seen there.
    R A D I O A C T I V I T Y

Tour De France was so good. I went daft. work tomorrow so had to retire straight after it though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Hipster posers or d4 ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭jimosterberg

Had a great weekend. Thought Hot Chip were great today and Yeah Yeah Yeahs amazing. Karen O really is an incredible woman. Thought it was pretty well run for a debut festival They listened to the complaints about the toilets and had more today. Would definitely go back if the line up was similarly strong

Advertisement