Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

mutley18 wrote: »
    So what's the deal with Kraftwerk today? Are they giving out 3-D glasses to the crowd?! I can't really see them doing that at a festival.

Well, if they can do that at Roskilde, they can do that at Longitude:

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/71313

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Quite enjoyed yesterday but have a few minor complaints. There wasnt near enough restaurants, bars, or toilet facilities. There was a massive queue for everything. The fact women ended up using the mens portaloos showed how off the mark they were. The signage around the venue was poor, knew quite a few people who couldnt find the woodlands tent.

Enough about the negatives! The crowd were laidback and there was never a sign of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

deisedude wrote: »
    Quite enjoyed yesterday but have a few minor complaints. There wasnt near enough restaurants, bars, or toilet facilities. There was a massive queue for everything. The fact women ended up using the mens portaloos showed how off the mark they were. The signage around the venue was poor, knew quite a few people who couldnt find the woodlands tent.

Enough about the negatives! The crowd were laidback and there was never a sign of trouble.

Why were they men's portaloos? Because they were beside the urinals? The women should have been using them from much earlier in the day.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Why were they men's portaloos? Because they were beside the urinals? The women should have been using them from much earlier in the day.

Yes there was but there wasn't many. I have been to Indiependence the last few years and i'd say there was as many toilets as at Longitude despite it being half the size

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

A V A wrote: »
    i didnt see one bit of trouble must havebeen a bad spot where you were :P

I had a perfect spot for about the first four songs then a large group of rote off guys came in and started a terrible attempt at moshing. They ended up banging into some guys girlfriend quite hard so he went mad and a lot of pushing and shouting occurred. It didn't go to fists but was very close.

They were also doing that thing were 3 or 4 people get in a hug formation and bounce around together knocking into everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Toast

Yes there was but there wasn't many. I have been to Indiependence the last few years and i'd say there was as many toilets as at Longitude despite it being half the size

I'd love to know what formula they use to decide how many toilets there are. Events had spent most of the 2000's trying to fight the "bad toilet" view people had associated with festivals and outdoor concerts. However the last year a lot of things I've gone to seem to be seeing how little they can get away with again.

Anyway if someone is feeling like doing something about it perhaps take the time to count the number of toilets they actually have, take a picture of the queues at bad times, then knock up an image macro of the queues with "Longitude 10,000 people 20 loos (or whatever it is)" and kindly remind the promoters via their social media with it until they address the issue. It seems to be the only way to get any kind of response on these matters these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

dubal wrote: »
    16 stops right outside.

Dubal

thanks for the info

I was wondering how long is takes to get back into town afterwards,

If I was to miss one of the buses around 11pm from Marlay Park , is it likely I might not be back in town till after midnight?

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/16-/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Unfair of a poster above to refer to Chavs. The atmosphere was funereal down at the Main Stage compared to when Kalkbrenner was on, it was going off on Stage 2.

Main Stage area far too small for the number of people there and felt unsafe. Not nearly enough bars food stands and toilets. Didn't see fights but wasn't keen on the poseurish vibe of the crowd who clearly were there to be seen and didn't express much interest in the acts.

Going home was poorly organised, Marathon return coach was parked the opposite side of the Park from where the exit was and we had to walk 45 minutes to get to it.

Back today and will reserve overall judgment til tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

Shout out to the apsolute ledgend who set off a flare at the start of paul kalkbrenner got the whole crowd pumped up and goin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Too many posers. Embarrassed for them, seriously

• Advertisement

Clemenza wrote: »
    Too many posers. Embarrassed for them, seriously

Definitely but beats the scummy element we often see at major festivals hands down

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I agree with the main area being too cramped yesterday. Not enough space to just sit and chill and listen to the bands.

Different vibe to Friday. More younger people on Saturday and a bit knacker-ish.

Queues for the food stalls was ridiculous!

Although there is long queues for the toilets, they moved pretty quick and they were spot-less! (That's probably the reason for the long queues, not the number of toilets). The most pleasant toileting experience at a gig!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Toast

Hahaha. No pleasing some people. If it isn't the crowd being too rough it is them being too soft. "Almost got punched at Longitude... and by punched I mean Instagrammed."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

Definitely but beats the scummy element we often see at major festivals hands down

I'd take an affable scumbag over an obnoxious poser :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Larianne wrote: »
    I agree with the main area being too cramped yesterday. Not enough space to just sit and chill and listen to the bands.

Different vibe to Friday. More younger people on Saturday and a bit knacker-ish.

Queues for the food stalls was ridiculous!

Although there is long queues for the toilets, they moved pretty quick and they were spot-less! (That's probably the reason for the long queues, not the number of toilets). The most pleasant toileting experience at a gig!! :D
    Not enough space to sit down and chill? If you expected to be able to do that 4 rows back for headliners then of course there was no space because the front was all filled with fans. If you didn't mind being up at the back of the field there was plenty of space to sit down and let your fingers become targets for peoples feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah there's was plenty of space in the main area to sit down a little back from the stage.

Can't wait for frightened rabbit today! They posted a picture of the dressing room which looks like a swanky room in the main house

http://instagram.com/p/cBlgObL-8w/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Deadst4r wrote: »
    They were also doing that thing were 3 or 4 people get in a hug formation and bounce around together knocking into everyone.

That's shocking. Absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Helgo

Has anybody spare ticket for Longitude tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

how much is the vodka at longitude?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

It seems they took some of the negative feedback on board, they just tweeted this:

"Hi guys, we've taken your comments from yesterday on board and added extra toilets to the site for today to ease the queues."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Can anyone tell me what the parking is like, and where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

The queue for the ladies was dreadful, but I was never more than a couple of minutes getting a drink, thought the bar was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the parking is like, and where it is?

Practically empty yesterday. Entrance is on College Road.

Didn't mean to sound so negative. Loving the festival. Hope it goes annual. Standing at main stage now. They've added two more areas for toilets. Awesome!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Very disappointed, I've been sick all week, was hoping to make it to this today but I know I wouldn't enjoy it if I went out there. As such I've had to off load my ticket and will be sitting at home all day :(

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    how much is the vodka at longitude?

8.50 with red bull.

Bacardi oakheart with coke is 6.50. Oakheart mojitos are 8.50 and delicious. Same with spicy cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

how much are the pints of heineken?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Griff77

6 euro for a pint. Bit ridiculous pricing to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Word of warning to people, security on the door is very tight. Everyone getting well searched. Lad in front of me got caught with a bag of yokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Hope Mark Lanegan is on late because I am only getting a taxi now.

Advertisement