Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

id say longitude would be clas if it was camping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 funk1234

hey id be intrested in buying that off you. can meet you in town when ever name the place. Shane my number is 0857559068

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

kraggy wrote: »
    I don't blame people for smuggling drink in with the prices they're charging inside. Them prices are scandalous. No 2 ways about it.
    Prices were fvcking mental. Just had a couple myself.
    Same with the food prices. 6 quid for a standard size hotdog.
    JJ wrote: »
    I saw someone on FB complaining there were no veggie options there. Maybe that might change today.
    There are veggie pies at pieminister. Had one myself and it's delish.
    Toast wrote: »
    Don't think there is an Eco cup system. Noticed Una Mullaly tweeting earlier about people dumping rubbish everywhere.
    Even though there were very few heineken cups on the ground, what with all they young wans scooping them up, the amount of rubbish at the main area was a bit much. The other areas were grand though.
    I don't know what the prizes are, heard about it from someone else, but I'd say it's branded ****e with one or two proper prizes.
    Heineken branded sh!te. keyrings, t-shirts etc.. Which made it all the worse that people were going around like mad yokes collecting the 20 cups so they could get a go on the spin the wheel thing, and end up with a bottle opener.

Really enjoyed it yesterday. Will definitely be back next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Hello all,
    Im just back from a long holiday and am heading to longitude tomorrow and I am a bit out of the loop information wise.
    How much if food inside? Kinda crap you can't bring in any, are there any cheap options?
    How much is alcohol? Are people having much success sneaking some in?
    I will probably have a bag with me, are there lockers or some place to store them?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

kingtubby wrote: »
    Hello all,
    Im just back from a long holiday and am heading to longitude tomorrow and I am a bit out of the loop information wise.
    How much if food inside? Kinda crap you can't bring in any, are there any cheap options?
    How much is alcohol? Are people having much success sneaking some in?
    I will probably have a bag with me, are there lockers or some place to store them?

Jeezus, thats a bit lazy why don't ya just scroll up the page you have just posted on, all yer queries have been answered by other posters.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Jeezus, thats a bit lazy why don't ya just scroll up the page you have just posted on, all yer queries have been answered by other posters.

Fair enough, just I'm busy as hell at the moment and wanted a lazy way out of finding the info

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭freddiemoore

Does anyone know what the craic is for afterparty tomorrow? I've seen info regarding parties yesterday and tonight but nothing for Sunday night. First proper night out in Dublin so I probably just follow the crowd anyways.

iv just noticed??how are people to go to the after partys and get in free with a ticket when they take the tickets off you on arrival??? bit stupid dont you think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

A V A wrote: »
    iv just noticed??how are people to go to the after partys and get in free with a ticket when they take the tickets off you on arrival??? bit stupid dont you think

I think they are only taking the weekend tickets and give you the wristband, but I could be wrong.
    Usually the day tickets are either scanned or they cut off one side of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Any news on was the car park busy today? I'm thinking of driving up tomorrow round 4pm so I'm trying to gauge how busy the place could be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone know what beers are available at this? Ole Techno loves his craft beers and can't be doing with just Heineken or the other lager pish they sell? I've a couple of cans of Punk Ipa for the trip down but would like a daycent drink in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Sounds like a great set from Paul Kalkbrenner on 2fm

• Registered Users Posts: 9 J0kerman2

Does anyone know what the craic is for afterparty tomorrow? I've seen info regarding parties yesterday and tonight but nothing for Sunday night. First proper night out in Dublin so I probably just follow the crowd anyways.

Nialler9 had some mention of an afterparty at the Academy but Ive only seen details for Friday and Saturday. Unless theres a last minute announcement tommorow, there doesnt seem to be anything planned, which is fairly ****e. Il be heading to Workmans probably, as will a lot of people I reckon. Probly turn into an unofficial after party

Irish Aris wrote: »
    I think they are only taking the weekend tickets and give you the wristband, but I could be wrong.
    Usually the day tickets are either scanned or they cut off one side of them.

they took my ticket and it was a day ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Anyone know what beers are available at this? Ole Techno loves his craft beers and can't be doing with just Heineken or the other lager pish they sell? I've a couple of cans of Punk Ipa for the trip down but would like a daycent drink in there.

Sorry boss, this is one aspect that is seriously lacking. Literally only heineken. Not even any cider or anything. Then there's wine and either bacardi mixers or red bull and vodka.

Sorry boss, this is one aspect that is seriously lacking. Literally only heineken. Not even any cider or anything. Then there's wine and either bacardi mixers or red bull and vodka.

Cheers, I kind of suspected as much, hopefully some day this will change, compared to years ago you can get great food at festivals in Ireland but its still the same old piss they serve.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

i have one spare guestlist place for today (sunday). first person to pm me gets it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Sounds like a great set from Paul Kalkbrenner on 2fm

Yeah, it was ****ing epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

i have one spare guestlist place for today (sunday). first person to pm me gets it

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Really really enjoying the festival. Yesterday's atmosphere was absolutely great and up there with the best.

Foals, Phoenix and django django were class. Matt Corby seemed decent as well.

Today Villagers stole the show as usual, Vampire weekend and Maccabees weren't bad. Mikhael P and Le Galaxie were great fun.

A lot more chavs today because of Paul kalkbrennar and the like. It still wasn't oxegen material and I haven't seen a fight yet apart from a few ***** at Phoenix. Hoping for a decent crowd again tomorrow.

The coach organisation is decent and you get one pretty much immediately. The overall organisation of the festival seems pretty poor. There aren't enough toilets at all and only one proper bar. Still for a first year festival they are doing fine.

Psyched for tomorrow.

Also you can definitely sneak in drink as they don't pat people down and I have seen plenty of half bottles lying on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

gone. no more pms please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Toast

Cheers, I kind of suspected as much, hopefully some day this will change, compared to years ago you can get great food at festivals in Ireland but its still the same old piss they serve.:mad::mad:

The major beer companies all have a few "craft-esque" beers in their pockets at this point and are slowly coming around to offering them the odd time at events but that is the best you can hope for. Even then these always play second fiddle to their base slop and usually run out or take ages to get poured.

Unfortunately the last major festival that allowed independent brews in alongside a big sponsor was Electric Picnic but that ended back in 2009... (coincidentally?) as soon as Festival Republic got a share in running it.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Really really enjoying the festival. Yesterday's atmosphere was absolutely great and up there with the best.

Foals, Phoenix and django django were class. Matt Corby seemed decent as well.

Today Villagers stole the show as usual, Vampire weekend and Maccabees weren't bad. Mikhael P and Le Galaxie were great fun.

A lot more chavs today because of Paul kalkbrennar and the like. It still wasn't oxegen material and I haven't seen a fight yet apart from a few ***** at Phoenix. Hoping for a decent crowd again tomorrow.

The coach organisation is decent and you get one pretty much immediately. The overall organisation of the festival seems pretty poor. There aren't enough toilets at all and only one proper bar. Still for a first year festival they are doing fine.

Psyched for tomorrow.

Also you can definitely sneak in drink as they don't pat people down and I have seen plenty of half bottles lying on the ground.

i didnt see one bit of trouble must havebeen a bad spot where you were :P

A V A wrote: »
    i didnt see one bit of trouble must havebeen a bad spot where you were :P

Villagers always attract a rough crowd in my experience.

Toast wrote: »
    The major beer companies all have a few "craft-esque" beers in their pockets at this point and are slowly coming around to offering them the odd time at events but that is the best you can hope for. Even then these always play second fiddle to their base slop and usually run out or take ages to get poured.

Unfortunately the last major festival that allowed independent brews in alongside a big sponsor was Electric Picnic but that ended back in 2009... (coincidentally?) as soon as Festival Republic got a share in running it.

I have great memories of drinking delicious, locally made REAL cider (ie made from 100% apples not chemical muck like Bulmers) which was sold at the Picnic in 2008 (or 2007) in the sunshine, halcyon days indeed, then the organizers insisted on industrial bilge water only after that, boutique my hole. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

So what's the deal with Kraftwerk today? Are they giving out 3-D glasses to the crowd?! I can't really see them doing that at a festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

mutley18 wrote: »
    So what's the deal with Kraftwerk today? Are they giving out 3-D glasses to the crowd?! I can't really see them doing that at a festival.

Your own vision is 3D, Crafty move by MCD ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Can anyone advise how long it took to get back after the gig, into city centre on the Marathon coach that is doing a shuttle service from Customs House Quay.

How far is the usual Dublin bus number 16 stop from the venue entrance

How regular is the 16 back into town around 11pm?

I'm guessing the Dublin Bus regular service might take about 40 minutes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭dubal

16 stops right outside.

Dubal

Advertisement