Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I managed to break my ankle taking a golf shot. Long story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Not as long as the one above you!

WTF is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

Not as long as the one above you!

WTF is that all about?
    seen as heading "creepy" -
    when i first found out was creepy and disturbing..
    please follow the heading as reading the lunch wrapper is
    not the time to comment

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

NIMAN wrote: »
    There is nothing sinister about Ouija boards.
    Some of the stories around them would make you think they are dangerous. but they aren't.

Urban myths.

People forget that it's a board game, nothing more than that.
    I strongly urge people not to get a Ouija board.

Why you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

NIMAN wrote: »
    There is nothing sinister about Ouija boards.
    Some of the stories around them would make you think they are dangerous. but they aren't.

Urban myths.

Would a 12 year old wanting to get another do it with her and witchcraft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Loughc wrote: »

I've heard people say that before, but if it's a game, how do you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Quazzie wrote: »

Redrum and your name I guess...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Quazzie wrote: »

Practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

The most dangerous use of a Ouija board, that I ever saw ,was in Better Call Saul.

However...
    When I was a young teenager, a group of us made a weejy board with cut out letters and numbers on the table, and an upturned glass. After some surprisingly accurate answers, I proposed a question, the answer to which, I was pretty sure was known only to me. I took my finger off the glass and asked the question. What's my mother's birthday? It answered immediately and correctly. I left the house, and have never gone near anything like that since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

We made many a ouija board in the 80s aswell - must have been down to the huge popularity of horror movies in the 80s, but everyone was at it. Someone in the gang of kids we were, would offer up their garden shed for us to have the aul seance in. Was great craic all sitting round the homemade board with a candle. At some stage someone would decide to take the p*ss, let a scream out of them and we would all scatter out of the shed into the daylight, ah the memories.
    My sister wrote a number on her arm once in private and the board read it out right. That was creepy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

The most dangerous use of a Ouija board, that I ever saw ,was in Better Call Saul.

However...
    When I was a young teenager, a group of us made a weejy board with cut out letters and numbers on the table, and an upturned glass. After some surprisingly accurate answers, I proposed a question, the answer to which, I was pretty sure was known only to me. I took my finger off the glass and asked the question. What's my mother's birthday? It answered immediately and correctly. I left the house, and have never gone near anything like that since.

Lol. Good one. From that alone, I could prolly pick out your passwords and pin numbers.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Lol. Good one. From that alone, I could prolly pick out your passwords and pin numbers.

Challenge accepted, I'll pm them all to you, and you tell me how many you got right!:pac::pac:

BTW, none of them is 666

• Registered Users Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Kaybaykwah wrote: »

Using a Quija board?

saabsaab wrote: »
    Using a Quija board?

I'd imagine he thinks I use something like Mammy1931. (hahaha, well he's wrong she was born in 1936 - whoops!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Why you say that?

Put simply, the only spirits you will contact using it are the ones that are highly not at rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    i found a body buried in a garden a few years ago,the garda came dug up the whole garden,searched the house,and took the body away,

What's the chances it was one or more of your 30 badgers doing something like this? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭thebestwords

I shot up out of the bed in the middle of the night after seeing three red dots like from the predator movie on the wall beside me, turned my head and could see the the full beams coming in the through the window. I shook my head and it was gone and tried to get back to sleep but not before having a gawk out the window through the curtains. I think it had little to do with aliens and more to do with the multiple day bender I was coming out of, some fright I got all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Challenge accepted, I'll pm them all to you, and you tell me how many you got right!:pac::pac:

BTW, none of them is 666

Lol. Talk about creepy. The other day, I happened on this crèche in my small town that had 666 for an address, tacked on balloon cutouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

My mum told me once about the time she was lying in bed sleeping when she was awoken by this huge pressure pushing down on her chest and neck. It was restricting her breathing and she froze paralysed in position, unable to move or wake up my father lying in the bed beside her. It lasted about 5 seconds and then the pressure instantly stopped and she could breathe and move again. A few seconds later her bedroom door opened by itself. Completely freaked her out and she swears it wasn't a dream and it actually happened. We always hear the stairs creaking in this house as well as if someone is going up or down the stairs but whenever you look out onto the hall and stairs, no-one is there.

• Advertisement

jelem wrote: »
    seen as heading "creepy" -
    when i first found out was creepy and disturbing..
    please follow the heading as reading the lunch wrapper is
    not the time to comment

:confused::confused:

When you first found what out?

PS: I hope you enjoyed your lunch. I had a club sambo it was delicious:D

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

PFML84 wrote: »
    My mum told me once about the time she was lying in bed sleeping when she was awoken by this huge pressure pushing down on her chest and neck. It was restricting her breathing and she froze paralysed in position, unable to move or wake up my father lying in the bed beside her. It lasted about 5 seconds and then the pressure instantly stopped and she could breathe and move again. A few seconds later her bedroom door opened by itself. Completely freaked her out and she swears it wasn't a dream and it actually happened. We always hear the stairs creaking in this house as well as if someone is going up or down the stairs but whenever you look out onto the hall and stairs, no-one is there.

Sounds like Sleep Paralysis, the feelings and visions can seem very real while happening. Can be very scary until you realise what it is. Ive had it so often it doesn't bother me any more and I know whats happening now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I looked in the mirror , nuff said ;(

Real Life wrote: »
    Sounds like Sleep Paralysis, the feelings and visions can seem very real while happening. Can be very scary until you realise what it is. Ive had it so often it doesn't bother me any more and I know whats happening now.

Sheep paralysis is probably more common that people think.

Terrifying the first time it happens to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Terrifying the first time it happens to you!

it's not that baaaa'd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I shot up out of the bed in the middle of the night after seeing three red dots like from the predator movie on the wall beside me, turned my head and could see the the full beams coming in the through the window. I shook my head and it was gone and tried to get back to sleep but not before having a gawk out the window through the curtains. I think it had little to do with aliens and more to do with the multiple day bender I was coming out of, some fright I got all the same.
    It might have been somebody outside with laser pens or torches. I have a few fairly powerful ones, Class 3B lasers.

ablelocks wrote: »
    it's not that baaaa'd

Ewe spotted my mistake. My Baaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Real Life wrote: »

I've had this. Felt like a ghostly presence sitting on my torso, restricting my lungs. It eventually passed but it was very scary, my immediate thought was a ghost (I lived in a converted former nuns accommodation at the time) as it genuinely felt like they stood up from sitting on my chest and walked off.

Sleep paralysis or not it's an extremely weird occurance

• Advertisement

I've had it only once before - scared the bejaysus out of me. It felt like i was in a pressure vessel of some sort, it's hard to describe exactly, it was kinda like being compressed in all directions simultaneously. I was trying to struggle but just couldn't move, couldn't make a sound, it was horrific - i knew i wasn't asleep (at least i felt i wasn't asleep) then all of a sudden it just stopped, didn't ease up just went from full pressure to no pressure like flicking a switch and i shot up in the bed with my heart doing about 150bpm. I'm glad it's not a regular occurrence, that's for sure!

Advertisement