Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

You'll need a young priest and an old priest

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

You connected via blue tit by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭NSAman

You'll need a young priest and an old priest

Ahhhh heyar... add altar boys in to the mix and we can have spot prize nights...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Panthro wrote: »
    Funny oul name isn't it, Bluetooth.

I'd have gone with AlabasterSkull I think.

The truth is more than interesting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harald_Bluetooth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Ah simple really.

You've picked up your neighbours baby monitor hence the burping and belching etc.

Bird song was probably one of this toy mobile things with music for kids.

Solution is to tell your neighbours to stop broadcasting the baby monitor...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Low rumbling animal sounds? Birdsong? That's just the sub-woofers and the tweeters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Me thinks the OP wants to start the halloween debauchery early! :D

Good I say... let's get the creaky door of lucifer's lair open, and see what beastly darkness awaits us!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mike Myers has connected his spotify playlist to it to distract you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Coopaloop wrote: »
    The younger one who's 4 has a habit of coming into our bed room in the middle of the night and just stands beside the bed looking at you until you sense his presence, always scares the sh*te out of me.

My mam still tells me about how much I freaked her out doing that as a kid. I even remember doing it, standing there til she woke up, no idea why i didnt just try to tap or shake her, nope a kids logic is just to stand there because Mas are psychic and will wake up eventually.

She said it was made worse by the green glow of the digital alarm clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

Coopaloop wrote: »
    The younger one who's 4 has a habit of coming into our bed room in the middle of the night and just stands beside the bed looking at you until you sense his presence, always scares the sh*te out of me.

My mam still tells me about how much I freaked her out doing that as a kid. I even remember doing it, standing there til she woke up, no idea why i didnt just try to tap or shake her, nope a kids logic is just to stand there because Mas are psychic and will wake up eventually.

She said it was made worse by the green glow of the digital alarm clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

gozunda wrote: »
    Ah simple really.

You've picked up your neighbours baby monitor hence the burping and belching etc.

Bird song was probably one of this toy mobile things with music for kids.

Solution is to tell your neighbours to stop broadcasting the baby monitor...

These were very deep and cavernous burping and retching noises, definitely not a baby, and our neighbours do not have babies, but I think you are on to something. It must have picked up on a monitoring device or mic (rather than telephone conversation or radio) because the birdsong was definitely live and not a loop or playback. All in all I'm quite worried. Is it possible I was picking up on hidden mics installed by the gardai in one of my neighbours houses?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is very common for more sinister and devious spirits to emerge once the colder dark evenings arrive. I particularly enjoy turning absolutely everything off in the house, including the lights and sitting on the stairs listening for the more mischievous ones to commence. They always seem to enjoy the dark and when a chill transcends the room you can tell that the entire house is basically engulfed with medieval phantoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Are you near a church? It could be the priest giving the altar boy advice with a personal touch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

This wasn't supernatural but it was a bit strange. I'm having a chilled out Sunday, just watching stuff, but I could hear birds very close. I was worried that a bird had flown into one of my bedrooms, but no. In my box-room, I had the small window open. There were 3 starlings sitting on the window, looking in. If I don't post anymore, it probably predicts my death. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭micah537

Herself has "seen me" standing at the window in the corner of our room and if I look at her I have no eyes. Then she realises I'm actually in the bed asleep beside her and when she looks back to the window my image is gone most of the time. Occasionally she has to wake me for it to disappear. Happens usually in warm weather but sounds a little freaky.

Another time we were on holidays and she woke up to seen the outline of a hooded figure leaning over my body. The following day we were going to a circuit to do a few laps in a Ferrari and Lambo. While I thought she was just dreaming at the hotel, I was a little off in the second car for some reason and didn't push it around the track like the first car, but I don't know why.

I emailed a lecturer when I was in college with a sick note. She swore I was in class that day when I wasn't anywhere near the place, she even had me marked as present.

My grandad was in hosptial for a couple of weeks and his health was improving. We visited him every evening. The night of his death when I turned around and waved at him, time just sort of stood still or was in slow motion for 30 seconds or so. Felt weird and we were expecting him to be discharged in a few days, certainly not die that night. 20 years later that image of him is so clear I could actually draw a picture.

Mod

Thread merged into this one: Creepy and unnerving event with Bluetooth

Ah Christ can you not see that was a troll? It was a Saturday night and all.

Ah Christ can you not see that was a troll? It was a Saturday night and all.

Probably as real as some of the other stories on here.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Probably as real as some of the other stories on here.

It was a usual Saturday night AH skit job though. There’s over ten of them a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It was a usual Saturday night AH skit job though. There’s over ten of them a week.

A shame, this is one of the more interesting threads here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Hand in Your Pants

Hi. Shame you feel the need to deride my creepy and unnerving event with Bluetooth but my experience was absolutely as described. I'm still not sure what caused it, but if life has taught me anything it is that we are constantly in the midst of malevolent and wretched entities (demons) who live in extra-dimensional space and time. I believe my bluetooth signal provided a window into one of those worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This wasn't supernatural but it was a bit strange. I'm having a chilled out Sunday, just watching stuff, but I could hear birds very close. I was worried that a bird had flown into one of my bedrooms, but no. In my box-room, I had the small window open. There were 3 starlings sitting on the window, looking in. If I don't post anymore, it probably predicts my death. ;)

You should only be really worried - if you wake up in the morning and the bird on the windowsill is a vulture ...

You got there in the nick of time, starlings are little ****es for coming in windows and destroying the place! And they never work alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was listening to music on my phone one night. I listened to a song I'd rarely listen to but it reminded me of these girls I knew from college and the student apartments. If you visited their apartment they were nearly always listening to this song or artist.
    (We got on well at the time but grew apart and I wouldn't have been in contact with them for a few years tough.)

The next morning I woke up to a Facebook message which was unusual and it was somebody sending me a link to one of their RIP.ie notices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Hi folks,

Something very unnerving happened earlier. I was setting up a Bluetooth speaker to play medieval tunes for a gaming night and just after successfully connecting to my device it cut out and starting to produce a very strange and deep undulating sound out of which I could distinctly hear birdsong. I immediately checked my device which was paused on the medieval music page, and all the while this eerie noise was emitting from the speaker. Then I heard several very loud burping or retching sounds from the speaker, this was not white noise but definitely and distinctly human or animal sounding, but it scared the hell out of me.

Does anyone know what this could have been? Can Bluetooth speakers tune into other people's devices or radio waves?

I sympathize.

If I listen to my refrigerator rumbling long enough, I’m pretty sure I can hear bits of old Jimmy Page riffing away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

i found a body buried in a garden a few years ago,the garda came dug up the whole garden,searched the house,and took the body away,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    i found a body buried in a garden a few years ago,the garda came dug up the whole garden,searched the house,and took the body away,

You can't just leave us in suspense like this!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Around 20 years ago in mid summer I attended a party and took copious amounts of Mexican powdered mescaline which an attendee had managed to smuggle back to Ireland on a flight from San Francisco earlier in the week. Spent most of the evening rolling around the floor of an upstairs bedroom laughing my head off at my reflection in the mirror which resembled an early 15th century Trappist monk with a long goatee beard which when further examined was subtly morphing into a gargantuan Sub-Ape like humanoid with an engorged phallic area. At one point the entire party were walking into the room and falling over the floor in fits also. The bed had been upended at this point and leant against the wall to enable me to roll around in more comfort. I suffered severe upper jaw and stomach pain for days after as result of my constant laughing, I soiled and wet myself. By early morning the host had changed my clothes several times.

I left the party after breakfast and my girlfriend drove me up to the mountains for some views and fresh air, we walked to Prince Williams seat where I removed all my clothes and sat naked in a nearby stream and basked in delightful sunshine. We ate a fresh bag of croissants and pears. There was no sexual maneuvering. I ran down the hill towards Knocknagun and sat in a cold swamp to cool down for an hour.

That evening after I had recovered I sat wide awake until around 3-4 in the morning. At one point I could hear quite the commotion in the corner of my bedroom and could distinctly see these apparitions of my dead friends and cousins mingling and chatting away. I felt a great sense of peace as these apparitions were of grown up versions of loved ones previously deceased. At one point I began to levitate and when I looked to my side I was being held aloft by over twenty of my dead relations including my grandfather his father his father and his father's father, I couldn't recognise who the others were but they were very satisfied and happy and put me at a great moment of tranquility and succinct harmony. When they eventually let me back down I got up from my bed and went to investigate my cousins in the corner of the room. It was now dawning and the midsummer sun was brightening behind my curtains. When I reached out to touch them they disappeared and all that replaced them was a mountain of clothes I hadn't washed in a week. I turned around frustrated and got back into bed, but when I turned back around to confirm the lump of clothes all my dead relations were standing there looking back at me again, in fits of laughter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

children not being "corrupted" are known to have ability
    to see over the "veil".
    adults a small percentage do retain ability in varying degrees.
    there is nothing as amusing as visiting a physic fair and as walking about
    knowingly able to mark the ability of those "allegedly" professional.
    such as "this one i figure 3 out of ten, this one nil, this one 8" on my
    perception scale. just an unexplained body feeling one could say and
    i profer an explanation somethig akin to how you\we may without thinking
    gain differing levels of sexual arousal when in presence of differing humans.
    i feel most humans have met or been in company of another and
    without talk or connection, felt strong sexual arousal.
    this has been shown by scientists as chemical\hormonal and other factors.
    the human built with atoms which have their own "electrical fields etc". for
    which we do not know in its entirety gives the opening that all past is recorded
    at minute scale in atoms or smaller and certain humans naturally are more
    receptive as "can sort of read" the archives -
    whilst can be said all changes ie. wood to ash, the atoms are still there, but formed
    in another manner.

Advertisement