Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sounds like he was in your house unbeknownst to you.
    Like a creepy version of the milk tray man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Quazzie wrote: »
    Probably ridin' the ma

Was his name Pat Mustard by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭saabsaab

No it wasnt but I rolled it up fairly tight and covered it after I threw it in, it would have been filthy dirt with soot. When I found it a second time there wasnt a mark or a crease on it.

Why would someone dig it out of the stove - It was tiny, clean it up and put it on a shelf in a random press outside the bathroom? Just seems odd that someone would do that.

I say you're right hardly any chance someone would do that.

What might have happened is that he put several copies of the photo hidden in you clothes and one fell out?

I don't know why some people give photos of themselves to relatively new dating partners. To me a big red flag.

A friend of mine told me this story recently, it's not particularly creepy, but would make the hairs on your neck stand up.

His grand aunt was a nurse in an Army type hospital in the UK during WW2 when one winters night an American bomber crashed near the where she was based.
    She was on shift when three of the injured were brought in , two were horribly burned and the other was badly injured from the impact.
    She attended to the two burn victims throughout her shift ,, but all three died within 24 hrs or so.All were young men with it upsetting her terribly.

She passed away in her eighties about 20 years ago and was buried in her local town. One wintery afternoon, some of family were visiting her grave shortly after she died and as they approached the graveside , they could see three figures in the distance walking further into the cemetery.
    As they reached her grave , the three figures turned, with one giving a friendly wave from maybe 20 metres away before seemingly wandering off.
    .All three were young men , dressed in what looked like air crew uniforms from WW2.

Great story. Hard to explain with current accepted theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭8kczg9v0swrydm

Yeah, coming across this creepy Russian recording from the 1980s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Yeah, coming across this creepy Russian recording from the 1980s.

If its a cruddy enough hoax to have a wikipedia page documenting how cruddy it is, we probably don't need to give it any more Youtube hits....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Video of apparently a bird called "grackle" looking for food in a huge group outside a Walmart, from March.

Favourite comment "she ain't seen nothing yet"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭8kczg9v0swrydm

If its a cruddy enough hoax to have a wikipedia page documenting how cruddy it is, we probably don't need to give it any more Youtube hits....

Well if Wikipedia says that it is a hoax we can all sleep safe at night. Gee whiz, thanks Mister!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

A couple of years ago I went to my work Christmas party and was staying in my sister's flat which was near Blackhall Place just off the quays. To get to the front door of the apartment you had to go down a sort of side path, which was fairly dimly lit.

Anyway our Christmas party is a black tie thing each year and so I was fairly dressed up and wearing a dress you couldn't run comfortably in, not to mention the heels etc. By the end of the night one of the guys I work with was getting a taxi home and offered to get the driver to drop me off so I hopped in and the driver stopped at the top of this side path. It looks fairly dim and there's one guy just standing there on his own beside the front door, so my colleague said they would wait until they saw me go inside, which I was relieved about. Something about the guy just looked odd.

So out I get and hobbled towards the door, really aware of this weird guy just standing there, not on his phone or having a smoke, just standing there - feet killing me from the stupid heels but as I walked past him he just looked at me and it sent a shiver - I looked back and could see the taxi still there so just opened the door but the lock was a bit fiddly so it took me a few seconds. I went in and closed the door behind me.

Inside is a long straight corridor with the lift at the other end. I walked down to the lift and had that horrible sense that the door was gonna open with your man any second, and I was right. Just as the lift door opened, I heard him come in. I got into the lift - he stood still at the front door the opposite end of the corridor and just stared at me. As I pressed the button to close the doors which seemed to be taking forever to close he started walking towards me. My heart was beating out of my chest at this point and I was frantically pressing the button (do the 'close door' buttons on any lift actually do anything!) and just as he got closer they finally closed. Then I was petrified he'd' run up the stairs, I got out and never legged it as fast down a corridor to my sister's flat and got in. She wasn't there that night so I was on my own and didn't sleep a wink! Obviously then I was paranoid for ages for her going in and out of there on her own the whole time but she never saw him or anyone that sounded like him thankfully. Creepy as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

genie_us wrote: »
    A couple of years ago I went to my work Christmas party and was staying in my sister's flat which was near Blackhall Place just off the quays. To get to the front door of the apartment you had to go down a sort of side path, which was fairly dimly lit.

Anyway our Christmas party is a black tie thing each year and so I was fairly dressed up and wearing a dress you couldn't run comfortably in, not to mention the heels etc. By the end of the night one of the guys I work with was getting a taxi home and offered to get the driver to drop me off so I hopped in and the driver stopped at the top of this side path. It looks fairly dim and there's one guy just standing there on his own beside the front door, so my colleague said they would wait until they saw me go inside, which I was relieved about. Something about the guy just looked odd.

So out I get and hobbled towards the door, really aware of this weird guy just standing there, not on his phone or having a smoke, just standing there - feet killing me from the stupid heels but as I walked past him he just looked at me and it sent a shiver - I looked back and could see the taxi still there so just opened the door but the lock was a bit fiddly so it took me a few seconds. I went in and closed the door behind me.

Inside is a long straight corridor with the lift at the other end. I walked down to the lift and had that horrible sense that the door was gonna open with your man any second, and I was right. Just as the lift door opened, I heard him come in. I got into the lift - he stood still at the front door the opposite end of the corridor and just stared at me. As I pressed the button to close the doors which seemed to be taking forever to close he started walking towards me. My heart was beating out of my chest at this point and I was frantically pressing the button (do the 'close door' buttons on any lift actually do anything!) and just as he got closer they finally closed. Then I was petrified he'd' run up the stairs, I got out and never legged it as fast down a corridor to my sister's flat and got in. She wasn't there that night so I was on my own and didn't sleep a wink! Obviously then I was paranoid for ages for her going in and out of there on her own the whole time but she never saw him or anyone that sounded like him thankfully. Creepy as hell!

Scary, like a thriller film with the lift doors :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This thread has gone from some really good stories to stories where a woman gets a strange look from a guy who was probably thinking "I dont recall her ever living here, I wonder why she has a key".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

This thread has gone from some really good stories to stories where a woman gets a strange look from a guy who was probably thinking "I dont recall her ever living here, I wonder why she has a key".

And that’s what you got outta that story? Wow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

And that’s what you got outta that story? Wow lol

What more is there to get? Drunk girl sees boy she doesnt know in a place she doesn't know. This place is probably his home (or else how did he get in the building?) Girls get freaked out because he looked funnily at her (wouldn't we all of we seen some stranger with keys to my building?). Girls panics while drunk. Guy must be some kind of axe murderer.

She tells it a bit better, but that's the story broke down. Non event all imagined in a drunk person's head, and nowhere near the quality of the rest of the thread

What more is there to get? Drunk girl sees boy she doesnt know in a place she doesn't know. This place is probably his home (or else how did he get in the building?) Girls get freaked out because he looked funnily at her (wouldn't we all of we seen some stranger with keys to my building?). Girls panics while drunk. Guy must be some kind of axe murderer.

She tells it a bit better, but that's the story broke down. Non event all imagined in a drunk person's head, and nowhere near the quality of the rest of the thread

That’s your assumption which is valid too but flip the other side that her gut is telling her the door will open, yes it does, he’s going to come into the lift yes he makes his way towards the lift. Where in it did she say she was drinking or drunk? If it’s not his home then exactly how did he get in? There can be allot more to it. Not the creepiest story here but it was a decent story. I thought he’d be at the top of the stairs but he wasn’t to be. I’m sure for her it was creepy af

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

That’s your assumption which is valid too but flip the other side that her gut is telling her the door will open, yes it does, he’s going to come into the lift yes he makes his way towards the lift. Where in it did she say she was drinking or drunk? If it’s not his home then exactly how did he get in? There can be allot more to it. Not the creepiest story here but it was a decent story. I thought he’d be at the top of the stairs but he wasn’t to be. I’m sure for her it was creepy af

The thread title is "creepy or un-nerving" and the lady was most definitely un-nerved - (most women would have been)

It's disappointing that you would assume I was drunk - I was pregnant - and that the guy was standing on a dark path for no apparent reason at 2 am, and that the reason he stared at me and acted very strangely was his way of wondering ' why, who is this fair maiden whom I doth never have seen before as I do my daily 2am stand in the dark? How strange'

Also whether I was drunk or not is completely irrelevant, he was a fcking weirdo and you don't need to be sober to feel threatened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

I found the story more chilling than a lot on here but perhaps that is because I've been in similar situations so I know how frightening and unnerving an incident like that can be and that she had good reason to be creeped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

@ genis_us - was he a security/night watchman perhaps??

fryup wrote: »
    @ genis_us - was he a security/night watchman perhaps??
    Definitely not, he wasn't dressed as if he was working... I've also never seen security people standing outside a block of flats but I guess that's not to say they don't do it. Whatever he was, he was weird and very creepy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

genie_us wrote: »
    Definitely not, he wasn't dressed as if he was working... I've also never seen security people standing outside a block of flats but I guess that's not to say they don't do it. Whatever he was, he was weird and very creepy.

I thought it was good the way you told it, could sense the panic you must have felt. Scared me anyway!

Your gut told you there was something off about him so I'd well believe it.

• Advertisement

Anyone have experience of precognitive dreams? I have had a few over my life but they mostly were not of something involving life changing events but mundane and yet not predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NCS

saabsaab wrote: »
    Anyone have experience of precognitive dreams? I have had a few over my life but they mostly were not of something involving life changing events but mundane but not predictable.

On a trivial note, I dreamt of a 1-0 away win against Man City for a relegation-threatened side. Dream was on Friday night, backed it on Saturday, quids in by 4.55pm.

Absolutely no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Anyone have experience of precognitive dreams? I have had a few over my life but they mostly were not of something involving life changing events but mundane and yet not predictable.

I've had a few small sorts of things. This one below remains my best one, so far anyway! That was the only race he ever won too.
    Kovu wrote: »
    Not really creepy or unnerving but a bit odd so thought it'd fit into this thread.
    I had a dream last night where I was riding a big dark horse in a race and it won, I couldn't remember the full name of it but the second word was 'Hell'
    Follow a bit of racing so today for the craic I looked through all the races and horses today and found one called 'Blue Hell'. Threw a tenner on it at 6-1 and thought nothing more of it- I normally bet everything each way so was odd for me to just do a straight bet.

Anyway, the fecker won! It's surely just coincidence but there were 44 races on today between UK & Ire, just found it very strange to search for and pick a winner based on a dreamed name. Now if only I can dream of the lotto numbers...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

The first one was way back in my younger days. I dreamt that 2 guys I kinda new called over with a friend, to visit my flat. While there, there was a loud banging on the door. I went to answer and it was a drug squad raid. I woke up and thought no more about it. That evening, a friend actually called in and he had two distant aquaintances with him. In the course of the evening I told the of the dream and we laughed it off. As we were doing so, there was a loud banging on the door. I went to answer it and sure enough, of all the things it was the drug squad!! They were looking for a lad that shared the flat, I didn't know him too well. But, during their searching and questioning, one of the visitors that I didn't know too well, looked at me, such a look of shock and disbelief on his face!
    Another was many years later. My sister was staying over with me. We stayed up late, drinking and chatting. Eventually, very late, went to bed. I had disturbed sleep. I woke up at one point, very distressed. In my dream I was an Indian man, scrambling through sliding mud, looking frantically for my family. I was hysterical in the dream, totally as if my world was ending. The next morning when I actually did get up, the radio was on and the big news story of the day was of a terrible mud slide in an Indian village where many families were killed. It sounded horrific. R.I.P.
    That's my main two. Pretty sure I've had others. Such a peculiar feeling when it happens. I understand though that it's likely just probability or something, not supernatural.

The first one was way back in my younger days. I dreamt that 2 guys I kinda new called over with a friend, to visit my flat. While there, there was a loud banging on the door. I went to answer and it was a drug squad raid. I woke up and thought no more about it. That evening, a friend actually called in and he had two distant aquaintances with him. In the course of the evening I told the of the dream and we laughed it off. As we were doing so, there was a loud banging on the door. I went to answer it and sure enough, of all the things it was the drug squad!! They were looking for a lad that shared the flat, I didn't know him too well. But, during their searching and questioning, one of the visitors that I didn't know too well, looked at me, such a look of shock and disbelief on his face!
    Another was many years later. My sister was staying over with me. We stayed up late, drinking and chatting. Eventually, very late, went to bed. I had disturbed sleep. I woke up at one point, very distressed. In my dream I was an Indian man, scrambling through sliding mud, looking frantically for my family. I was hysterical in the dream, totally as if my world was ending. The next morning when I actually did get up, the radio was on and the big news story of the day was of a terrible mud slide in an Indian village where many families were killed. It sounded horrific. R.I.P.
    That's my main two. Pretty sure I've had others. Such a peculiar feeling when it happens. I understand though that it's likely just probability or something, not supernatural.

That’s crazy our dreams definitely have that real feeling and it’s the brain in our heads that they say we only use something like 5% of the power it has so you can just imagine what the brain is capable of and setting the future is one of those that I believe we can do. I have it alot throughout life but it’s hard to explain you just see it happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

That whole "we only use a small percentage of our brain" has been proven to be a load of sh1te that people said and ran with over the decades. We use 100% of our brain (well, most of us do!) and anyone that says otherwise clearly doesn't use all of theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

I often dream of death in the days/weeks before a relative dies. Last time it happened was when my uncle passed unexpectedly. A few nights before I had a dream of seeing a man who looked just like my dad in a coffin. Him and his brother looked identical.
    All day at work I had a knot in my stomach as the dream felt very real and the feeling from the dream stayed with me throughout the day and weekend. On the Monday we got a phonecall about my uncle.
    At his wake, I was sitting down beside the coffin and caught an angle of my uncle that made him look identical to my dad, it could easily have been him. That was the image id seen in my dream.

It also happens when I have appointments that end up not going ahead.
    Think I posted about these before but two that stick out as I cant explain them with coincidences, I had an appointment that id made months previously, I was on a waiting list so had cleared the date, booked the day off work, was really looking forward to this appointment which was in the afternoon. The morning of the appointment I woke up early and dozed off back to sleep, during this nap I had a dream that the woman cancelled the appointment, I was chasing her trying to get a new appointment but she wouldnt answer me and I couldnt catch up with her to make a new appointment. I woke up from the dream just before 9am, a few minutes later I got a text to say the appointment was cancelled and I would be contacted with a new appointment. After a couple of weeks of not being contacted I rang the number but it had been disconnected.

Happened another time with a hair appointment, dreamt something had happened and I couldnt go, dreamed of texting the hairdresser to tell her I was sorry to cancel last minute. That morning I had a family emergency and had to text to cancel last minute, 2 hours before my appointment.

Maybe its just coincidence but it happens often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Speaking of dreams, Maybe not a premonition dream but when I was a child my grandad died, after he passed I had this recurring dream of him walking down the aisle of the church towards the alter. We were all sitting in the church benches and I was watching him walk down the church.
    Years later, in my 20's, my grandmother passed away. After she died I had a dream of her walking down the same aisle of the church like id dreamed my grandad did, only this time, she came back up the aisle walking with my grandad, arms linked and walking out of the church together.
    It was like he was waiting for her all those years.

With regard to the second dream, had you had the radio on low whilst you were sleeping? I like to drift off to sleep with the radio turned on low, a habit of mine. However it has resulted occasionally in me dreaming what’s been spoken about, eg in news bulletins. Can be quite distressing when it happens. I try to keep it on too low to actually make out what’s being said, but the low sound somehow helps me to drift off to sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

With regard to the second dream, had you had the radio on low whilst you were sleeping? I like to drift off to sleep with the radio turned on low, a habit of mine. However it has resulted occasionally in me dreaming what’s been spoken about, eg in news bulletins. Can be quite distressing when it happens. I try to keep it on too low to actually make out what’s being said, but the low sound somehow helps me to drift off to sleep.

No, I definitely did not. The radio I had was in the kitchen. I never had one in my bedroom. But, I do believe there is a reasonable reason, though that's not it.

Advertisement