Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Way back when I was a student I used to work in a local pub.

This involved me walking home pretty late at night after closing time (I wouldn't do it today!).

I was working there a while when the phone calls started, every night I'd come home and open the front door of my house, within a minute or two of me getting in the door the house phone would ring.

To start with the calls were pretty inane conversation hello, how are you, what are you doing with me asking who is this etc (at 2am it was quite strange).

This kept happening every night like clockwork, I asked them to stop calling and to leave me alone, I was getting freaked out and it was clear someone knew exactly when I was getting home.

I lost it one night and basically told them to f*** off, the calls continued but no more chat just silent lines and hang ups. The calls stopped eventually or they got bored but it did have me looking over my shoulder for a while.

Nothing paranormal, probably some weirdo neighbour but it was very unsettling and made my nightly walks home very scary for a while.

Definitely an angry time-travelling teacher from 2020 who has read your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Could have been a turd inside it. You can “dress it up” but it’s still gonna be shíte.

You're the expert in that department, Emmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You're the expert in that department, Emmet.

Oh please, I would never leave an improvised faeco-terrorist “device” like that for a civilian to, just, “happen” upon.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,445 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Oh please, I would never leave an improvised faeco-terrorist “device” like that for a civilian to, just, “happen” upon.

Very considerate of you, if you don't mind me saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Hammer89 wrote: »
    The most amazing exchange I've ever had on Boards.

I remember that when it happened. It was so funny. I always got the feeling that the poster was leading you up the garden path. :D
    I have a 2nd story,

The village in question is Freshford where St Nicholas is post to he barried the st who Santa is based on and I wonder could it been the ghost of this st I seen as what I seen was basically someone who looked like Santa

Gettaway out of that! Since when was St Nicholas buried in Freshford? He is supposed to be buried in Jerpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

I remember that when it happened. It was so funny. I always got the feeling that the poster was leading you up the garden path. :D

Gettaway out of that! Since when was St Nicholas buried in Freshford? He is supposed to be buried in Jerpoint.
    He gets around !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

fryup wrote: »
    Don't know about the Maldron in cork but did stay two nights at the Maldron in smithsfield dublin...and was woken two nights running with what sounded like someone in the floor above me slamming the door constantly for a period of about ten minutes, mentioned it at reception and no one knew anything about it?? :confused:

Probably a headboard !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Probably a headboard !

Hahaha Fact That can be unnerving lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Probably a headboard !

Yep, Cork ghosts can be quite boisterous at night!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

They say you can't die in your dreams. But i had a dream where i died one night. Very creepy.

Everyone was on top of a building and had to jump off it. There were crash mats in certain places but you didnt know til you jumped.

Anyways i jumped and hit the ground. Died. Instant infinite blackness in all directions but my mind was left active as it is now.

It was horrible. A mad panic hoping for some kindof light for me to walk into. Then a mad panic looking for company to talk to, a la other ghosts.

Then a realisation that i was trapped in blackness for eternity with just my own thoughts until i would go insane.

Then i woke up. Thank god!

• Advertisement

They say you can't die in your dreams. But i had a dream where i died one night. Very creepy.

Everyone was on top of a building and had to jump off it. There were crash mats in certain places but you didnt know til you jumped.

Anyways i jumped and hit the ground. Died. Instant infinite blackness in all directions but my mind was left active as it is now.

It was horrible. A mad panic hoping for some kindof light for me to walk into. Then a mad panic looking for company to talk to, a la other ghosts.

Then a realisation that i was trapped in blackness for eternity with just my own thoughts until i would go insane.

Strangely enough a priest said that 'hell' was not pitchforks and fire but similar to what you describe, an infinite nothingness.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I would agree with that priest's idea.

There was also bitter regret that i didn't peek over the edge first before i jumped to see the crash mat.

So it would have been infinity cursing my own stupidity and foolhardiness.

I also had a dream as a kid where i went to hell but i won't be describing that lol. Wasn't a nice place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

A couple of nights ago I dreamed i was shot three of four blasts of a shotgun.They did not all hit me. As my life was ebbing a dog came and started siniffing as though going to eat me when I died.I recall thinking i am dying then woke up

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Your phone your choice. You’re paying for it so it’s for your convenience.

Wrong thread, maybe? Or am I missing something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

New Home wrote: »

It’s like when your phone rings in the middle of the night while you are asleep.

The ringing wakes you up and you answer it.

You say “Hello” and you get No response.

You say “hello” a few more times but again No response.

You carefully listen for any reply but none is forthcoming but you can sense and feel something.

.Something in the silence…………Something alive..............and......................hateful.

You eventually hang up and try to forget about it.

You are drifting off to sleep, and then the phone rings again.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

have y'all never heard of silent mode

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or airplane mode. Or unplugging the landline. Or keeping the phone off the hook. Or using a whistle. :D

Yeah, **** sorry. Too many tabs :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Or airplane mode. Or unplugging the landline. Or keeping the phone off the hook. Or using a whistle. :D
    Personally I prefer giving them the silent treatment. Ok if its a land line , How do you know who is ringing but I think I have unnnerved one or two silent callers by just picking up the phone and saying absolutely nothing:

They don’t know for certain if you have answered or are that you are listening or not, you could have left the room. So in affect you are crank calling them at their expense. I have done it,or at least thought ( how could I be sure ) I did it to crank callers and they have stopped with this method !

The only problem is if it is a legitimate call and they think I am a psycho :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Woman in Cork talking on radio today had to run out of her house.

Part 2 on tomorrow’s show and they will be playing the demonic recording she picked up.

https://twitter.com/neilredfm/status/1268115064189583360?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Woman in Cork talking on radio today had to run out of her house.

Part 2 on tomorrow’s show and they will be playing the demonic recording she picked up.

https://twitter.com/neilredfm/status/1268115064189583360?s=21

What the hell? that’s mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

She was awoken by “evil music”.

My guess....Ed Sheeran.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

This reminds me of a dream I had where I died in this life and went to hell.
    In the dream there was a thousand foot skyscraper, on top of the sky scraper was a long metal rod and on the top of the rod there was a hook that reaced out beyond the building. I was hanging upside down from this hook, attached by a long wire tied to my ankles.
    I was suspended in the air, upside down, too high for anyone to see me, below I could see windows in the building but I was to far away to get any access to them. There was no way of releasing myself from the wire or hook.
    I swung myself around, I used all my strength to try and break the wire or untie it from my legs but nothing worked.

I had to stay on this hook suspended in thin air until I died of natural causes like dehydration or starvation. After I died I would reawaken in perfect health in the same position, suspended in thin air, alone to die another suffering death and the cycle would continue for eternity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

A couple of nights ago I dreamed i was shot three of four blasts of a shotgun.They did not all hit me. As my life was ebbing a dog came and started siniffing as though going to eat me when I died.I recall thinking i am dying then woke up
    Ugh that's horrible. I hate those startling ones. I had a dream I was having a lovely chat outside the pub with the person I love more than anyone else in the world and the evening was just setting in and I had that pleasant feeling of the night just getting started. Then someone emerged out of nowhere and just slit their throat from behind. No recourse, no nothing, dead. Their surprised, pained expression... It comes back to me in my waking times if anything at all bad happens them. I think it's my brain telling me to actively love them every moment because one day they'll be abruptly taken from me and I'll regret any moment I didn't fully appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Some of those dreams are horrible. Jesus Christ! there is enough violence and crap in the world, you should be let alone and given a break while you are sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Might be worth looking at Carl Jung's dream theories.
    Theyre all messages from your subconscious mind

This reminds me of a dream I had where I died in this life and went to hell.
    In the dream there was a thousand foot skyscraper, on top of the sky scraper was a long metal rod and on the top of the rod there was a hook that reaced out beyond the building. I was hanging upside down from this hook, attached by a long wire tied to my ankles.
    I was suspended in the air, upside down, too high for anyone to see me, below I could see windows in the building but I was to far away to get any access to them. There was no way of releasing myself from the wire or hook.
    I swung myself around, I used all my strength to try and break the wire or untie it from my legs but nothing worked.

I had to stay on this hook suspended in thin air until I died of natural causes like dehydration or starvation. After I died I would reawaken in perfect health in the same position, suspended in thin air, alone to die another suffering death and the cycle would continue for eternity.
    Sounds like the Ancient Greek Prometheus myth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

saabsaab wrote: »
    Sounds like the Ancient Greek Prometheus myth.

Whats that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Whats that?
    I think he was chained to a cliff, and every day an eagle would come and peck out and eat his entrails, he healed overnight.
    It was punishment from an angry god, Zeus I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I think he was chained to a cliff, and every day an eagle would come and peck out and eat his entrails, he healed overnight.
    It was punishment from an angry god, Zeus I think.

Yes, it was Zeus, and he was punishing Prometheus for stealing fire from the gods, and giving it to humans

Advertisement