Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Jewish and Democratic'

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SeanW wrote: »
    Yes. and I did note that you started a thread on the murders of the Jewish children in Tolouse (sp?). But at the time, everyone thought it was far righters e.g. neo Nazis. I wonder if you had known from the outset that it was a Muslim extremist, would you have been so quick on the "New thread" button?

Can't bear to admit you're wrong, can you?
    I'm reasonably sure Nodin does, at least to some extent. He has no problem with Wahhabism/Salafism and its import into the West,?

There are none so blind as those that will not see....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67488129&postcount=325

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=70478544&postcount=5

Whats all this to do with "Jewish and Democratic" anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭SeanW

recedite wrote: »
    Now, supposing we adapt those fine words to the topic at hand; Israel, the Jewish State.
    How does it look now? Still agree with it?
    I have no interest in defending hardline Zionists. Zero.
    Nodin wrote: »
    Can't bear to admit you're wrong, can you?
    That's because I'm not sure I am.

Then please explain the nonchalance in the posts I highlighted?
    Whats all this to do with "Jewish and Democratic" anyway?
    I think it's already been established that Israel is a democracy, albeit a far from perfect one. Anyone who supports Salafism/Wahhabism on the other hand, would prefer a Caliphate.

Then please explain the nonchalance in the posts I highlighted?

....what else would you expect me to treat exaggeration, hysteria and hyperbole with? I don't agree with you - something you seem incapable of processing without going into "You support Bin Laden" territory.

I've shown clearly my attitudes on a range of issues and to the wahabi school specifically, which normally I wouldn't bother with. As the title of the thread isn't "Nodin's atiitudes" or "SeanW's continuing Islamic obsession" I feel no need to indulge you any further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Why are there so many threads regarding Jews, Jewish democracy etc. on Boards.

Having grown up and being educated with Jewish children who remained friends into my adult life,I do not understand why there is such negativity towards our Jewish brothers and sisters. I can honestly say that at school we had a very cordial relationship both in the classroom and on the playing fields. Achievements were celebrated together and their was much respect for individuals religious beliefs , which students discussed without fear. I recall visiting the Synagogue as a guest of Jewish Students, in the same way Jewish pupils were invited to Christian Churches as part of our Education programme

I have great regard for Siuin who is a regular contributor here on Boards.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there are times when I feel the discussions are in danger of boiling over. We all have opinions, right or wrong, but that is all they are opinions.

We are a group of Boardsies, expressing opinions.

Sincerely,

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

On this forum we've had one, ever, which given that we're a Religion & Spirituality forum suggests indifference if anything.

You should probably ask that question somewhere else where the subject is discussed a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Having grown up and being educated with Jewish children who remained friends into my adult life,I do not understand why there is such negativity towards our Jewish brothers and sisters. I can honestly say that at school we had a very cordial relationship both in the classroom and on the playing fields. Achievements were celebrated together and their was much respect for individuals religious beliefs , which students discussed without fear. I recall visiting the Synagogue as a guest of Jewish Students, in the same way Jewish pupils were invited to Christian Churches as part of our Education programme

I have great regard for Siuin who is a regular contributor here on Boards.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there are times when I feel the discussions are in danger of boiling over. We all have opinions, right or wrong, but that is all they are opinions.

Sincerely,

I think you find that many of the issues are with the state of Israel not with Jews. I know many Jews who have major issues with Israel...the problem is it is difficult to question Israel's policies without being accused of anti-Antisemitism and while that may form the basis of some critics motivation, it certainly isn't true of all critics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Ladies and Gentlemen, there are times when I feel the discussions are in danger of boiling over.

And that time was more than a month ago. ;)

Why are there (..........)here on Boards.

Sincerely,

The vast majority of threads relate to the state of Israel, rather than the Hebrew faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Have you got something against Jewish threads?

Advertisement