Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Against the head

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,963 ✭✭✭✭phog

Can you explain the role of an agent please? Your other posts would suggest that they are irrelevant as a player is his own promoter and his performances are the only thing that increases his profile.

Google it, you're on a role with it atm

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm not sure if you're reading all of my posts here on this....

Take for example Archer. He's not within an arses roar of the Ireland squad but that hasn't stopped Frankie mentioning him as being a contender on numerous occasions. Has that provided Archer with loads of commercial opportunities? Almost certainly not. Has it impacted Frankies performance of his role as analyst with RTE? Yes it certainly has. That is the problem.

So in essence it hasn't enhanced the players profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

phog wrote: »
    Why thank TommyOM's post if you want to engage?

Why try move the goalposts instead of engaging with my point?

Google it, you're on a role with it atm

Well given your posts so far on this, I believe that your opinion of role is drastically different to mine (& Google).
    Can you explain the role of an agent please? Your other posts would suggest that they are irrelevant as a player is his own promoter and his performances are the only thing that increases his profile.

So I'm not sure the worth of a further Google search when what I'm looking for is what you think an agent does because your posts have suggested that they are as obsolete as floppy disks thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭wittycynic

Is it somehow being argued that Frankie should not be employed as a commentator on the basis of this conflict of interest?

• Advertisement

wittycynic wrote: »
    Is it somehow being argued that Frankie should not be employed as a commentator on the basis of this conflict of interest?

nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Teferi wrote: »

Why do you latch onto the 'whataboutery' accusation every time you don't like a response?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So in essence it hasn't enhanced the players profile.

In all likelihood no, but then that isn't the point. This is only my third time saying that. :confused:

jm08 wrote: »
    Why do you latch onto the 'whataboutery' accusation every time you don't like a response?

:confused:

Read the conversation again there champ, you'll find nothing me saying nothing to do with whataboutery in my conversation with Phog.

Here, I handily quoted the thread of conversation for you...
    Pure naivety.

Pashun and talent only help you so far, you also have to be sellable in order to get the best deal possible and this is through nominations, awards etc. which all get talked about in the media.
    Why thank TommyOM's post if you want to engage?

wittycynic wrote: »

That would seem to me to be what is being argued because of this 'conflict of interest' as there is no acceptance of any degree of what might be deemed 'conflict of interests'. Its black or white.

• Advertisement

:confused:
    Read the conversation again there champ, you'll find nothing me saying nothing to do with whataboutery in my conversation with Phog.

Here, I handily quoted the thread of conversation for you...

:confused: You responded a couple of time to me with a 'whataboutery' charge.

Yes because you were using whataboutery.

You then quoted my response to Phog and posted

Bizarre stuff altogether.

Jesus. Is this real life?

Yes because you were using whataboutery.

'Whataboutery' is the new goodwin law used when people don't want to engage in a discussion.
    You then quoted my response to Phog and posted

You responded with this to Phog:

Bizarre stuff altogether.

Jesus. Is this real life?
    In real life people using examples of similar situations to communicate are not accused of 'whataboutery'.

Have you guys seen the new rugby tv show called Against the Head? It's pretty good

'Whataboutery' is the new goodwin law used when people don't want to engage in a discussion.

In real life people using examples of similar situations to communicate are not accused of 'whataboutery'.

k.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

4bUV7Ls.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Okay, that'll do. Enough of the snide comments and dismissive replies - and let's drop the conflict of interest discussion.

Back to Monday night's show, it had an interview with James Coughlan, he said he found it hard to make the decision to leave Munster but he always wanted to travel and play abroad. He said it was tough telling the lads in Cork about his decision and then he had to travel to Limerick and meet the guys here to tell them too. You could see the emotion in his face as he spoke about it.

He also mentioned he'd like to get into coaching and that France offered more opportunities because of the number of clubs over there.

I wish him the best, he deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Pau will be in the Top14 next year bar a collapse. Coughlan has been a constant in the first team: 21 starts in 23 matches. He will have a fight to retain that sport next season when Pau inevitably beef up their squad.

Despite Copeland's injury problems, given JOD's emergence and Stander's early season form it was in hindsight a good decision from Munster to allow Coughlan to leave.

Advertisement