Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Anderson in fine form, first set over in no time at all.

Haavisto getting the scores when needed, good solid performance.
    Decent game this.

Treble20 wrote: »
    He has more support in Ally Pally than Taylor and Lewis put together!

In fairness, I'd have more support than Lewis! ;)

Brilliant stuff there. What an effort from Haavisto, just wouldn't go away.
    Best game so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Is Pietersen the first black player to play at a World Championships?

I remember in 08 (??) Barney played Anthony Forde I think his name was from Barbados in the first round

Remember when he won a leg the crowd went absolutely mental, it was a great occasion

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Really liking my bet on Barney, he looked back to near his best, he's put down a marker tonite!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Yeah great to see Barney and Anderson produce some lovely flowing darts. As long as Taylor or Lewis dont win it ill be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Bill Davis?

charles losper as well, south african player. played at the circus tavern a few years back

Treble20 wrote: »
    John Part was a bit angry there about the murals of ex champions on the walls of Ally Pally and he not 1 of them despite having won the PDC version twice and also been the winner of the first World Championship held in the Ally Pally venue. He made a valid point the man. Lots of talk every year about this Joe Cullen but I think he's another player who'll fade off the scene in a few more years.

agree with what john said, a disgrace to have taken his photo down considering he's wont the title twice here, both at ally pally and the circus tavern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

charles losper as well, south african player. played at the circus tavern a few years back

Lourance Ilagan of the phillipines played a few years ago too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Deta Hedman from Jamaica is a regular in the latter stages of the BDO Womens World Champs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

agree with what john said, a disgrace to have taken his photo down considering he's wont the title twice here, both at ally pally and the circus tavern.

Was his photo up there and taken down or never up there in the first place? Amazing that the PDC would be so obtuse to have the other champions up there and not Part.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Degag wrote: »
    Was his photo up there and taken down or never up there in the first place? Amazing that the PDC would be so obtuse to have the other champions up there and not Part.

It was up there in previous years as I head over every year and I've seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭seanm92

Yeah his photo was definitely up there last year, as was Dennis Priestleys, I can remember that specifically. I think its a disgrace that the PDC would leave them out this year. Wonder what Priestley will have to say about it when he plays?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

I'd love to know what their thinking is so. Disgrace - one of the greatest players to play the sport.

I'd love to know what their thinking is so. Disgrace - one of the greatest players to play the sport.

exactly, john and dennis are legends of the sport, having won the bdo and pdc wc, especially when dennis had cancer a few years back as well. unbelievable that the first time winner of the pdc is treated like this

exactly, john and dennis are legends of the sport, having won the bdo and pdc wc, especially when dennis had cancer a few years back as well. unbelievable that the first time winner of the pdc is treated like this

Could it be possible that they measured in as the 2 slimmest of the 5 pdc world champions and there was no more wall space available for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

shockframe wrote: »
    Could it be possible that they measured in as the 2 slimmest of the 5 pdc world champions and there was no more wall space available for them.

I take you have never met Part. Slim he ain't!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Barney proved last night why he's on the wall. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

That was a much easier win for Peter Wright than I thought it would be. 3-0 against Aaron Monk who was very disappointing.

• Advertisement

Snakebite cruises through. Met him in Kilarney and he was really nice, some kids hovering around for pics and he was kneeling beside them, showing them how to use the camera, very patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Yeah, way too easy for Wright there, Monk was poor. 95 average for the man with the mad hair, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Webster throwing really well here

Fecking hell, neither player wanted to win that set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

crazy last leg for the 3rd set...lost count at the number of doubles both players missed

shockframe wrote: »

With this in mind what will happen if this Peter Hudson wins the world championship.

Hudson is a huge man

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hudson is a huge man

'The Rock'.....The Mountain more like.

Buries the darts in the board too

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Hard to believe Hudson is only 28!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

This game looks over bar the shouting. Wade has thrown steady enough barring the 1st leg of the game but Hudson isn't scoring heavy enough to trouble him. Still Wade hasn't had it easy the past few months so he deserves a turn of luck and a win here will do his confidence the world of good.

Advertisement