Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

BOHtox wrote: »
    What's the format for the prelim game? first to 3 sets like the rest or is it a shorter format?
    It's first to 4 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Lelantos wrote: »
    It's first to 4 I think

4 legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

BOHtox wrote: »
    What's the format for the prelim game? first to 3 sets like the rest or is it a shorter format?
    Lelantos wrote: »
    It's first to 4 I think

First to 4 alright, but legs not sets. Much shorter format

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

This tournament will get better from the middle of next week but i still think the Grand Slam will take beating despite Sky's hype of the World's.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Good performance by Brendan here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Easy win for Dolan there. Bristow predicted Jones would win. Don't know what he was smoking in the jungle. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

First to 4. I can remember Komula about 10 years back in the BDO. Not a bad player but very serious face when playing!!
    Straight forward for Dolan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good win for Dolan. Got a VPN set up for my phone, so far so good, Sky Sports app working perfectly :)

Jaysus I was expecting this to be painful darts but both averages so far are over 100:D

I know they'll drop but still...

Very quiet on here.

Pack at Bears on SS1 so switching over and back, Dolan looked comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Comfortable for Dolan. Great 50% finishing stats but he will have to up his scoring in the second round. Decent prelim game there too, still think Anderson will win 3-0 in sets.

Hamilton's having a stinker so far

Not a fan of Hamilton's so would love to see Richardson beat him and it looks like he may well do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

anyone else notice Hamiltons new tattoos ..sad that I notice these things

Richardson has a nice fluid throwing action, no faffing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

A 3-1 win in the end for Hamilton but it easily could have been a 3-1 win for Richardson the game was so tight. Not a great game standard wise but personally I reckon Hamilton won't be a threat in this World Championship. I could never take a shine to Hamilton,I actually hate watching his games! His battleaxe of a wife is of no help to him either:D

Treble20 wrote: »
    A 3-1 win in the end for Hamilton but it easily could have been a 3-1 win for Richardson the game was so tight. Not a great game standard wise but personally I reckon Hamilton won't be a threat in this World Championship. I could never take a shine to Hamilton,I actually hate watching his games! His battleaxe of a wife is of no help to him either:D
    She reminds me of Shirley from Eastenders. :D

Treble20 wrote: »
    I could never take a shine to Hamilton,I actually hate watching his games! His battleaxe of a wife is of no help to him either:D

He seems a bit bland, and watching him can be painful, he is far too measured and methodical. Solid player but no flair, no charisma, no emotion apart from that punching action.

That Smith fellow needs to get a tattoo and do something interesting with his hair...

Lots predicting that he could put it up to Barney.

Barney up next. His opponent Michael Smith is an up and coming player who has the potential to cause an upset here if Barney is off form. Still though I expect Barney to win this but he needs to be on top of his game tonight.

• Advertisement

That Smith fellow needs to get a tattoo and do something interesting with his hair...

Lots predicting that he could put it up to Barney.
    He looks like a lesbian :pac:

Unreal 1st set there by Barney! There's a spring in his step since his Grand Slam win. Smith looks out of his depth here,he won't be able to cope with the 100+ average Barney is producing here.

Barney on form...and another 180...

So close, great stuff from RVB.

This sort of Darts from Barney could win the tournament. 115 average!!!

Incredible darts from Barney. As for Smith well in all fairness kid sort out your appearance! This is unreal from Barney,he has to be a serious contender for the World Championship based on this performance.

Outstanding performance from Barney. A repeat of this form and there will be no stopping him! An impossible task looks ahead for Dolan against Barney!

I don't want to get all sentimental, but there is something nice about the way Barney relies on Sylvia. Thornton too, always seems to look around and look to his wife when he plays, almost like a tennis player looking to the coach for reassurance.

Barney brimming with confidence in that interview and Sylvia playing her part in his renaissance giving him "massages":D He has more support in Ally Pally than Taylor and Lewis put together!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Hello all,

Unfortunately missed the action so far, was away but looking forward to a great couple of weeks darts.

I'm going for the Lewis three in a row, I reckon he'll save his best for here and the long set format will help him as he tends to drift in and out of games big time.

A Taylor/Lewis final would be incredible, but there's a lot of darts to be played.

Advertisement