Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Good win for Wade but never troubled by a poor Hudson.

Treble20 wrote: »
    Hard to believe Hudson is only 28!

Jesus.

Jesus.

Winstanley has a rival for the oldest player in the game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Jesus.

Jesus.

Winstanley has a rival for the oldest player in the game!

Aaron monk could be troubling them soon too :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Treble20 wrote: »
    Hudson is only 28!

look about the size alright

Caven v Bowles up next. Caven should win this.

• Advertisement

All jokes aside but what percentage of the crowd here are genuine darts fans? There seems to be a good few work xmas party crews there tonight,their more interested in getting tanked up and making a show of themselves on national TV than following the darts!

Caven has hit the ground running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I've a feeling Bowles will win this

Caven had an 11 darter and a few 180s yet still lost first leg. That would upset the strongest characters. Bowles looks very solid, never saw him before, apparently shares the record for the furthest someone has gone in the UK Open after coming through pub qualifiers.

Surprised at this Bowles lad,a very good player. Caven didn't do much wrong in that 1st set and still lost.

• Advertisement

Bowles has a lovely throwing action

Bowles has a lovely throwing action

He does.

Peter Wrights is very nice too. Just looks natural and unforced.

He does.

Peter Wrights is very nice too. Just looks natural and unforced.
    Can't beat James Wade's though, I could watch him all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

never thought id be saying this but its one of the best matches of the tournament so far.

Can't beat James Wade's though, I could watch him all night.

I like Beaton, Barney and the Count. So very gentle, strangely in the case of Ted Hankey.

Great checkout by Caven, had to get it with Bowles on d20 and 2-2, at a vital time

Some great commentary.

Bowles had 102 with two darts and Pyke announced that "he still has a chance"...eeeehhhh, no he didn't...

Great game this, come on Bowles!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye come on Bowles, good darts here compared to the Ovens muck the other night in Rd 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Fair play to Bowles, great darts

Yes! Well done John Bowles! :D

What a game that was.

• Advertisement

Well done to the qualifier John Bowles,a brilliant victory and a 2nd round game against Gary Anderson to look forward to now as well as £10,000 prize money guaranteed for reaching the 2nd round,a great night over all for Bowles!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Really enjoyed that game. Great stuff from Bowles, delighted he won it.

I'm happy Webster is back throwing good darts and Wade cruised through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

lads haven't caught up on any of the darts yet, has there been any big name exits so far in round one?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Bowles has a super throwing action with head and shoulders rock steady. Good to see new faces winning

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Jayob10 wrote: »
    lads haven't caught up on any of the darts yet, has there been any big name exits so far in round one?

cheers

Off the top of my head the only seeds to go out so far are Wayne Jones, Andy Smith, Denis Ovens and Jamie Caven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭hawkwing

It's all here and a quick way to see the draw below,"The Heat" still there and facing Lewis--both off form..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

shockframe wrote: »
    never thought id be saying this but its one of the best matches of the tournament so far.

defo, the one game i saw last night and it was a really good game, it deserved to go to a 5 setter , bowles looks a really good player, caven played quite well but just came up against a guy playing really solid stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

hope barney hasn't peaked too soon, was awesome in the first round, will be interesting to see how taylor, wade and MVG start , its a very open tournament this year , stamina will possibly be a problem for phil taylor this year

hawkwing wrote: »
    It's all here and a quick way to see the draw below,"The Heat" still there and facing Lewis--both off form..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

You're right, for some reason I had in my head that Ovens lost but he beat Max Hopp. Looking forward to King v Winstanley tonight.

Should be a good game and was the game along with Baxter v Priestley that stood out for me when I saw the draw.

• Advertisement

Handy enough win for Steve Beaton there. I've always liked Beaton, hopefully he will do something this year.

Advertisement