Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

Vos 1-0 up!...Lewis threw some horrible darts in that set.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

:eek: Vos.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

FFS Lewis wake up! Shocking start from Lewis,very similar to last year's 1st round game against Heydon. Mind you he escaped defeat from that and went on to win the World title! Maybe something similar will happen this time again:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

just after tuning in..lewis under pressure !!

1 set each now,an Improvement there from Lewis but I still reckon he needs to up his game more and try and finish this game in the next 2 sets,the last thing he needs is a dodgy last set decider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wow, shock on the cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Vos 7/2. I'm having some of that!!

Dear oh dear, Vos bottled that.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

2 set darts missed by Vos with the bookies going 1/5 for Lewis. Great effort by Vos but hard to see him winning

Vos a little too fond of landing a few in the 5 bed

• Advertisement

Well there's a tenner down the swanny.

How many 180's did Thornton hit earlier? 5?

Bloody hell, he made hard work of that. Fair play to Vos in his first World Championships.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That was painful viewing, some really awful darts towards the end.

That was a very poor performance tonight by Lewis but a win is a win. He'll know himself major improvement will be needed to do the 3 in a row. However I'm sure he'll be happy he has tonight over at least!

Painter v Leung up next. Would love to see Painter dumped out, hopefully we see lots of his snarling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

KevIRL wrote: »
    How many 180's did Thornton hit earlier? 5?

4, I think we're safe. :)

A nice friendly welcome from Painter for his Asian opponent.

Painter had to throw well there to win that set. Fair play to his Chinese opponent,for his 1st World Championship his putting up a good show. The long format will probably see Painter win out this 3-0 but £6000 prize money for a 1st round exit will be a nice consolation for the Chinese player. And to think if you reach the last 8 of the Lakeside you'll win £6000:D

A 3-0 win in the end for Painter. No major shocks after the 1st night but the topic of discussion will be Adrian Lewis's scrappy win over Vos.

2 sessions tomorrow to look forward to. Unfortunately I'll miss the first 2 games at least of the Afternoon session but I will be home in time to see the Pieman Andy Smith make his appearance against a qualifier which could be Irish Matchplay champion Daryl Gurney. Gurney plays a Croatian in a prelim round. If he gets through that which he should he'll have every chance against the Pieman who has been struggling big time the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭Degag

Had a 250 euro free bet on Paddy Power and put it on Taylor at 3/1 should be given a good run at least.
    Also what has happened to Alan Tabern used be good enough player can't see him in the draw has he slipped down the world rankings that much.
    I'm sorry... but what bookie gives you a 250e free bet? PP were 2/1 on Taylor also. Bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Degag wrote: »
    I'm sorry... but what bookie gives you a 250e free bet? PP were 2/1 on Taylor also. Bullshít.

Shouldn't bother replying to your ilk but here goes.
    I won a golf betting competition which was run on facebook and a 250 euro free bet on Paddy Power was the first prize. You don't get the 250 back after the bet just the profit.
    Do you realise that the bookies didn't chalk up the prices for the world championships in the last week , after Taylor's loss to Van Gerwan at the grand slam of darts he was 3/1 the next morning.
    Hope that clears it up for you.

Bit of interest for the Irish today with Gurney and Mansell

Jones in right trouble

Great finish by Hendricks there for the first upset of the championship. $hit Christmas for Jones now

The crowd are a disgrace, the ref surely needs to step in and call for order.

Crowd a disgrace alright, felt sorry for Burnett though he does seem a little fragile at times. It's almost like they smell the weakness and up the boos a gear or two.

Looking a great day for Gurney

WP Gurney, great win

• Advertisement

Great result for him.

Advertisement