Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC World Championship 2013

Options
1555657585961»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

any news on the count ted hankey, will he be everback at the oche, the poor auld crater although i suppose he brought a lot of it on himself.:eek:

rambojon wrote: »
    Overall it will be remembered not for phil winning or anything even near this. .. Main overriding theme has to be taylors disrespect shown to barney and the cowardly attempt to justify it yestesday on sky which everybody could see was total bollocks. 9 darters were something special and mvgs performances bring darts to new heights.. ps. phil you won the tourney but you lost many a good darts supporter in the process. shame on you. p.s.. you need that break you alluded to.

Huh?

In years to come very few will remember the handshake issue. What do you remember from 07, the final between Barney and Taylor or the spat between Mason and Taylor?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,648 ✭✭✭✭briany

peteeeed wrote: »
    and wolfy adams who won't ever test himself with the PDC even in the grand slam of darts , christian kist should come over to PDC after this tournament

Back when the rules where a little bit more lenient, Adams has played in PDC events and done quite well. He was able to give Taylor a game once or twice over the years. It's annoying that Adams doesn't participate in the GSoD because he'd be in with a shout and sometimes it's as if the PDC doesn't exist to him and that's a bad attitude for anyone on either side to have. Both sides benefit one another in a cyclical way so ignorance comes off as slightly petulant.
    squadro wrote: »
    any news on the count ted hankey, will he be everback at the oche, the poor auld crater although i suppose he brought a lot of it on himself.:eek:

I doubt that Ted's lifestyle is worse than many of his peers, just that it caught up with him so you could say that about most darts players if and when they have a health issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Huh?

In years to come very few will remember the handshake issue. What do you remember from 07, the final between Barney and Taylor or the spat between Mason and Taylor?

What handshake? :confused::D

Anyone that thinks a little tiff between 2 people will be remembered before a great final, the rise of the young green machine, a close missed double for consecutive 9 darters or Phil Taylor winning his 16th(maybe last) world title need their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Well done Taylor :) watched it recorded last night.
    MVG played well but pressure got to him in the end. Can see him returning a lot stronger next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

thats a fair funny video of hankey on youtube playing van gerwen, he is bananas.although it was later said he was ill..what a pro:p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

think the count had a few sherberts before he played van gerwen that time. he was p****d. any one for the last of the plastic bats. be on your way. ah the memories:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭DartBhoy1888

think the count had a few sherberts before he played van gerwen that time. he was p****d. any one for the last of the plastic bats. be on your way. ah the memories:D

Many forums and social network sites had people writing terrible things about Hankeys behaviour that night..it didn't add up for me,knew there was something else goin on..his actions weren't that of someone who was pissed..turns out the poor bloke was having a stroke..and won't be playing darts for a while ,maybe never again

Isn't Hankey taking proceedings against any media outlets that suggested he was drunk?

He's hardly have conned the hospital surely. Even if posters here are not convinced because they saw it on the telly, I mean presumably the doctors who diagnosed the stroke have a bit more expertise and actually got to examine him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Isn't Hankey taking proceedings against any media outlets that suggested he was drunk?

He's hardly have conned the hospital surely. Even if posters here are not convinced because they saw it on the telly, I mean presumably the doctors who diagnosed the stroke have a bit more expertise and actually got to examine him.

i wonder what caused the stroke???????????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i wonder what caused the stroke???????????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have no idea. When I become a consultant, and examine him, I might know more. But I wouldn't diagnose anyone from what I saw on the telly anyway.

fair enough, if the man suffered a stroke i apologise.:o

fair enough, if the man suffered a stroke i apologise.:o

In fairness to you (i) I don't think you need to apologise at all, doubt Ted reads this! and (ii) it was the first conclusion that most, including me, arrived at, and I'm a fan of Hankey. It's just that the information that came out after suggested that we got it wrong.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Good to hear.

Before having Sky access and having such amount of available streams would have seen a lot of Hankey on the BDO and his 2000 world title win is still an awesome performance. If he could achieve and maintain that level he'd still have decent chance of being there or thereabouts in the next few years in a few tournaments.

Since he's got the all clear its now up to him I guess.

Advertisement