Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC 2013 & ERC 2013- News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Rally Sweden starts tonight with one stage. The Finns have a habit of winning this one. Hirvonen or Latvala will probably be favourites. This year might be a bit different. Mads Ostberg might be in with a shout at winning if Latvala stays through to form and crashes.

The full rally itinerary can be found here:
    http://www.wrc.com/results/2013/rally-sweden/itinerary/
    Times are local time so take away an hour. Youtube will be the best place to get videos.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ogier's doing some job at the moment. 11s of a lead. Surprise package is Pontus Tiedemand in 4th (Henning's stepson).

Ogier still in the lead at the end of the day. Loeb is in second closely followed by Latvala.. Hirvonen got stuck in a snow bank and is 25 minutes behind.

Ogiers work in the VW owned Skoda Fabia S2000 last year seems to be paying off (I've probably jinxed him now)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭kksaints

Ogier 1st win of the season and 1st win for VW in the WRC in Sweden. Loeb 2nd and Ostberg 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

kksaints wrote: »
    Ogier 1st win of the season and 1st win for VW in the WRC in Sweden. Loeb 2nd and Ostberg 3rd.

I think we are going from one Seb dominating to another Seb dominating. He was in control all weekend.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    I think we are going from one Seb dominating to another Seb dominating. He was in control all weekend.

The Sebs in WRC and F1 are ruining it for the rest of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kartincolin

It really is an ominous sign for the rest of the season. Unless Latvala, Ostberg, Hirvonen or Sordo raise their game, this season is going to be a formality for Seb #2.

I was away at the weekend. Was the WRC on ESPN in HD?

Just looking at the videos from JMLatvalaFan3 on Youtube and he said thats where he got this weeks highlights from.

EDIT: It wasn't on ESPN. I was looking at last years rally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

recyclebin wrote: »
    I was away at the weekend. Was the WRC on ESPN in HD?

Just looking at the videos from JMLatvalaFan3 on Youtube and he said thats where he got this weeks highlights from.

EDIT: It wasn't on ESPN. I was looking at last years rally.

It was on ESPN HD but it was on that channel in a different country, still nothing sorted for the UK / Ireland yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭demixed

It was on ESPN HD but it was on that channel in a different country, still nothing sorted for the UK / Ireland yet.

Think its on Setanta tonight at 11:15pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

JMLatvalaFan3 is my saviour

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kartincolin

JMLatvalaFan3 is my saviour

And now you are mine, as I was desperately craving WRC highlights in HD. wrcforeva uploads them in 360p.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Talk that Duval might find his way into a Citroen for Germany.

Some talk on the go that ITV4 HD might have got the go to show some highlights shows of the WRC rounds. No confirmation yet though.

Rally Mexico up next weekend.

Setanta are showing highlights on Monday, 11th of March at 11pm
    ITV4 are showing highlights on Tuesday, 12th of March at 5:50pm

I think I will stick with Youtube or some foreign satellite stations for highlights instead of waiting for Setanta/ITV.

Kubica to do 7 WRC2 rounds as well as a selected ERC rounds in a Citroen DS3 RRC with a modified paddle shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭kksaints

WRC has just replaced one Sebastien with another. Ogier wins Rally Mexico, Hirvonen 2nd and Neuville 3rd

History seems to be repeating itself. A frenchman dominating, latvala crashing out and Ostberg suffering technical difficulties.

Where can I watch it online guys

Youtube is probably the best place. WRC.com will also put up the full highlights in a few days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JMLatvalaFan4

• Advertisement

In the course of researching something else, I came across the judgment which arose from Richard Burns move from Subaru to Peugeot at the end of 2001. The full thing is from a paid source, so I have no link but some choice quotes to show how the WRC was at the time:
    8. Nevertheless, by a written agreement dated 15th September 1998, Mr. Burns agreed to drive the Subaru in the WRC for the years 1999 to 2001, for a fee of $1 million for each year, plus in the second and third years a bonus dependent on results not exceeding $600,000.

9. In 1999, Mr. Burns was the runner-up in the WRC. According to Mr. Lapworth's evidence, his agreement was replaced by a further written agreement dated 26th May 2000 but taking effect on 1st January 2000, under which he agreed to drive for the Subaru team for each of the years 2000 to 2002 for a fee of $2 million for 2000 and 2001 and $4 million in 2002, plus certain bonuses dependent on results.

10. However, in October 2000, there was a dispute as to whether the September 1998 contract had been superceded. In November 2000, Mr. Burns again became the runner up in the WRC for 2000. The dispute was resolved by the parties entering into the contract dated 16th January 2001, under which Mr. Burns agrees to drive for the Subaru team in the 2001 and 2002 season, at fees totalling $4,150,000 for the first year and £5 million for the second year plus a share of prize money, plus a bonus of $500,000 in each year if he won the WRC.
    Evidence was also given of team budgets of $50 million and Subaru initially claiming $36 million in losses arising from Burns departure (later claimed at $10 million). This really was the peak of the WRC era in terms of teams, drivers and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Download this: http://www.expatshield.com/

View highlights show here: https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/world-rally-championship

h3000 wrote: »
    I really cannot see Loeb doing anymore than the four rounds. He has other projects he is concentrating on now and really has nothing left to prove in WRC.
    Rumours abound. He's cancelled his teams entry for Le Mans, for money reasons, which will free up a lot of time.

Robbo wrote: »
    Rumours abound. He's cancelled his teams entry for Le Mans, for money reasons, which will free up a lot of time.

I heard that this morning alright. It would be great to see the two Sebs fight it out. I'm not convinced we will see him though, he did leave to spend more time with his family. Rallying takes you away from home for a very long time.

recyclebin wrote: »
    Youtube is probably the best place. WRC.com will also put up the full highlights in a few days.

http://www.youtube.com/user/JMLatvalaFan4

Thanks a lot guys, ill stick with youtube as im not a fan of downloading sofware

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vinnie B

Excellent highlights on ITV 4 last week from Rally Mexico. Good to see Jon Desborough back on the voice over of the world rally programmes. Hopefully we see ITV covering a few more events this season.
    Ogier is going to be a hard man stopped during the remainder of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Fairly sure I read that itv4 has the TV rights for the rest of the season so we're in business.

It looks like Meeke might have a drive in a works DS3 WRC as a stand in for Khalid Al Qassimi in Rally Finland. Lets hope it's true, it would be great to see him in a competitive car.

Kubica absolutely flying this morning in Gran Canaria albeit with a little performance advantage in the RRC car. Breen going well too, he forgot his glasses for this mornings loop which he said slowed him a bit.
    There is some rain there this morning too :pac:

POS NO DRIVER CO-DRIVER TOTAL TIME[PEN] DIFF1ST DIFF PREV
    1 5 R. KUBICA M. BARAN 31:20.3 -:- -:-
    2 1 J. KOPECKY P. DRESLER 31:58.7 +38.4 +38.4
    3 2 C. BREEN P. NAGLE 32:13.9 [0:10] +53.6 +15.2
    4 4 L. MONZON J. DENIZ 32:23.2 +1:02.9 +19.3
    5 8 J. ANCIAN G. DE TURCKHEIM 32:43.7 +1:23.4 +20.5
    6 14 A. AIGNER J. HEIGL 33:07.5 +1:47.2 +23.8
    7 18 R. CONSANI T. GORCZYCA 33:47.5 +2:27.2 +40.0
    8 3 D. OLIVEIRA A. COSTA 34:03.3 +2:43.0 +15.8
    9 19 G. BONNEFIS O. FOURNIER 34:04.8 +2:44.5 +1.5
    10 6 J. PUSKÁDI B. GÓDOR 34:24.5 +3:04.2 +19.7

Edit: Craig Breen received a time penalty of 10 seconds for late check in a TC0A. I believe it may be contested though.

• Advertisement

Breen is going to take the penalty. They were three seconds late at the time control.

Advertisement