Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC 2013 & ERC 2013- News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Next years line up so far..............

Citroën

Sébastien Loeb - part timer - RMC, Sweden, Argentina and France
    Mikko Hirvonen - full season
    Dani Sordo - at least 11 rounds, likely to increase
    Khalid Al Qassimi - 7 maybe 8 rounds (in addition to MERC)

Volkswagen

Sébastien Ogier - full season
    Jari-Matti Latvala - full season
    Andreas Mikkelsen - from Rally Portugal onwards

Qatar M-Sport

Mads Østberg - full season
    Evgeny Novikov - full season
    Thierry Neuville - full season
    Nasser Al Attiyah - 7 events

Juho Hänninen - RMC and Sweden, hoping to secure budget for more

Private- Prokop (Fiesta) all European WRC rounds

Prodrive Mini

Hopes & Dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kartincolin

A very depleted looking line up for next year, hopefully some people like Kubica and (god forbid) Ken Block do a few rounds next year to fill up spaces on the entry list.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You can have Loeb at 22/1 for the championship. Seb Jnr seems worthy of a punt at 5/1

Robbo wrote: »
    You can have Loeb at 22/1 for the championship. Seb Jnr seems worthy of a punt at 5/1

He is only doing four rallys this year so he aint worth a bet at any odds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

liam7831 wrote: »

Dont know about that. I think its a very good bet actually.

If Loeb does 4, has a big battle against the VWs, i can see him doing many more than 4. Loeb loves a challenge and VW are are his biggest challenge since Gronholm left

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

liam7831 wrote: »
    His calendar includes 3 of the first 5 rounds of the championship. Add in that he's basically guaranteed the win in France, and will definitely be in the hunt on the Monte, he could be sitting pretty in May. Who knows what decision might be reached then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

When and what channel is the WRC on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

wobbles wrote: »
    Dont know about that. I think its a very good bet actually.

If Loeb does 4, has a big battle against the VWs, i can see him doing many more than 4. Loeb loves a challenge and VW are are his biggest challenge since Gronholm left
    His calendar includes 3 of the first 5 rounds of the championship. Add in that he's basically guaranteed the win in France, and will definitely be in the hunt on the Monte, he could be sitting pretty in May. Who knows what decision might be reached then?

I really cannot see Loeb doing anymore than the four rounds. He has other projects he is concentrating on now and really has nothing left to prove in WRC.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

When and what channel is the WRC on telly?

Ralio+ on Welsh channel S4C have got the rights (it's on Sky)

MotorsTV should have it too but I haven't seen confirmation just yet.

Monte is starting on the 16th, I'd imagine there should be shows most evenings on MotorsTV, I think Ralio+ show it on the following Monday or Tuesday but will have to check the 2013 schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Looks like we will have at least one mini for the whole season:

From wrc.com: "Polish driver Michal Kosciuszko will keep the MINI name in top flight WRC competition this year, after announcing a full 13-round programme in a MINI John Cooper Works Countryman"

I can't say much about the driver as I've never really followed the PWRC. How would you guys rate his chances of getting regular points?

• Advertisement

First fround starts next week in Monte Carlo. 13 WRC cars have been entered.

Itineray, Maps and Entry list can be found here:
    http://www.acm.mc/page-tab.php?id_menu=4&id_sousmenu=23
    http://www.acm.mc/documents/4/LISTE_DES_ENGAGES_2013.pdf

h3000 wrote: »
    I really cannot see Loeb doing anymore than the four rounds. He has other projects he is concentrating on now and really has nothing left to prove in WRC.
    I can see with no clear frontrunner amongst the rest, the points getting more evenly distributed than in most previous years and 10 Championships is a nice round number...

He is doing Monte, France, Finland & Argentina.
    The rest of the time he is doing the GT World Series in a Mclaren

No sign of WRC on MotorsTV schedule up to the 25th of January.
    http://www.motorstv.com/tv-guide-uk?d=2013-01-17&h=4

No mention of it on S4C up to 18th either.
    http://www.s4c.co.uk/e_listings.shtml?dt=2013-01-18&service=s4cd

I wonder will they show it all?

recyclebin wrote: »
    No sign of WRC on MotorsTV schedule up to the 25th of January.
    http://www.motorstv.com/tv-guide-uk?d=2013-01-17&h=4

No mention of it on S4C up to 18th either.
    http://www.s4c.co.uk/e_listings.shtml?dt=2013-01-18&service=s4cd

I wonder will they show it all?

One of the presenters from S4C confirmed they had the coverage a week or so back, but they were yet to confirm the schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Red bull media have a working relationship with UK TV aka Dave and word on the street was that it will be on Dave again. But who knows the owner of UKTV is none other than BBC world wide. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kartincolin

afatbollix wrote: »
    Red bull media have a working relationship with UK TV aka Dave and word on the street was that it will be on Dave again. But who knows the owner of UKTV is none other than BBC world wide. Lets just keep our fingers crossed.

I would get on my knees and pray for the coverage to return to Dave. Proper coverage with a brilliant presenter (Neil Cole), a great commentator (Paul King), and proper High Definition coverage!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

I would get on my knees and pray for the coverage to return to Dave. Proper coverage with a brilliant presenter (Neil Cole), a great commentator (Paul King), and proper High Definition coverage!
    I agree, Dave coverage was excellent.

Well MotorsTV are defiantly not showing it and won't say why. They are saying you can pick it up on S4C. Colin Clark was saying on Twitter that there should be an announcement today or tomorrow, a deal is nearly complete.

h3000 wrote: »
    Well MotorsTV are defiantly not showing it and won't say why. They are saying you can pick it up on S4C. Colin Clark was saying on Twitter that there should be an announcement today or tomorrow, a deal is nearly complete.

Someone should tell WRC to update the website so. The website should be the first thing that the promoters should look at redesigning and updating.

http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/wrc-tv-guide/

I don't think Eurosport or Motors TV will be showing it on any of their UK or European versions of their channels.

• Advertisement

recyclebin wrote: »
    Someone should tell WRC to update the website so. The website should be the first thing that the promoters should look at redesigning and updating.

http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/wrc-tv-guide/

I don't think Eurosport or Motors TV will be showing it on any of their UK or European versions of their channels.

That page just like have the site has not been updated in years. I really hope Red Bull turn it around.

Just has a look at the autosport website at an article from 9 December 2012. The last line is a bit worrying:

"Sources in the FIA have confirmed the agreement between the sport's governing body and Red Bull Media House and Sportsman Media has still not been signed."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104770

I haven't seen confirmation of any agreement since this article.

I think it was handed to Red bull a couple of weeks ago. The FIA said in a PR after Christmas about Red bull being in charge and that was the first time that the FIA said that red bull had signed. These contracts could take years to be finalised but Red bull are at the Monte running the show.

They have hired a few of the old north one production staff.

Id like to add I dont think Monte will be on TV in the UK or Ireland unless a very last minute deal is done. Eurosport don't even have it to record as a news feature which they all ways did for there news programs. Same with the EBU who had the rights last year, They have no details on there system.

According to iRally, S4C will not start their coverage until May. I'm beginning to get really pissed off.

Lets hope the rumoured Red Bull TV deal is with Dave.

Ogier quickest on SS1, up on the first 2 splits of SS2.

Usual caveats aside that the Monte is special and not a real test of the cars pace per se but ****ing hell that Polo's going to take some beating if it's reliable.

Loab back in the lead. Even with no studs on his tires.

The master is back in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

i cant find coverage on motors tv :confused: where can i watch it on tv

You can't unfortunately, there is no TV deal for Ireland or the UK :(
    They say it will be sorted soon but not for Monte.

There are a few good videos here
    http://www.youtube.com/user/bestofrallylive

Here is some coverage of day 1 but in French

• Advertisement

The is no one showing it in Ireland or UK. You will need a dish that receives european channels to watch it. There is a 90 second video summary of Day 1 on the WRC website.

It looks like there were major problems with the timing on Day 1 but Loeb is still showing the rest how it's done.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/wrc-teams-furious-over-timing-190405864.html

Advertisement