Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WRC 2013 & ERC 2013- News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

If its setanta ireland then its finally good news for UPC customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭recyclebin

To all despairing at the lack of TV coverage for the WRC on Irish TV, these 2 youtube channels may be your salvation:

Bestofrallylive (Michelin`s channel with great clips)
    WRCforeva (Uploads the SPEED coverage of the events)

WRCforeva videos have been taken down :(. These guys usually pop backup on youtube under a different name so the trick is to save the videos to your computer as soon as you find them. I use keepvid.com to save any videos from youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

this sucks ass wtf are they doing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

They have been taken down from youtube but have been uploaded onto the wrc website.
    http://www.wrc.com/video/

Fair play to (im guessing) Red Bull Media House for doing this. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

• Advertisement

BFassassin wrote: »
    They have been taken down from youtube but have been uploaded onto the wrc website.
    http://www.wrc.com/video/

Fair play to (im guessing) Red Bull Media House for doing this. Hopefully a sign of things to come.

nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kartincolin

I cancelled my subscription to Setanta a couple of moths ago! They don`t even have High Definition and a truly awful selection of programming. I hope to Christ that Dave manage to secure the broadcasting rights as they would do by far the best job.

I cancelled my subscription to Setanta a couple of moths ago! They don`t even have High Definition and a truly awful selection of programming. I hope to Christ that Dave manage to secure the broadcasting rights as they would do by far the best job.

I don't care who gets the rights once they are in HD and use the same commentary team as on WRC website (Kevin Piper and Paul King). It would mean who ever gets the rights would not have to do any editing so they can't mess it up like Motors TV did last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

recyclebin wrote: »
    I don't care who gets the rights once they are in HD and use the same commentary team as on WRC website (Kevin Piper and Paul King). It would mean who ever gets the rights would not have to do any editing so they can't mess it up like Motors TV did last year.

But Setanta don't broadcast in HD, I found any time I've watched their channel, in a friends house or in a pub, the quality was very poor. A decent stream online would have been better. WRC or not I'll not be giving them €16 a month.

But Setanta don't broadcast in HD, I found any time I've watched their channel, in a friends house or in a pub, the quality was very poor. A decent stream online would have been better. WRC or not I'll not be giving them €16 a month.

What I meant to say is I don't mind who get the rights in the UK as long as it's in HD.

I know what you mean about Setanta. The picture quality on it is usually rubbish. Motors TV picture quality was fairly bad last year aswell. I think Setanta have HD on cable which is no use to anyone who lives outside the major cities.

I think very few people who subscribe to Setanta on Sky actually pay the €16 per month. Most people are on deals of €10 or less per month. I think there was a thread about it in Satellite or Bargain Alerts. What some people have done is subscribe for €8.49 a month for the first two months and then ring to cancel and they may offer you a deal stay with them. Some were getting it for €5 a month.

• Advertisement

Motors TV`s coverage of it last year was atrocious. Tell you what, why doesn`t the coverage just return to ESPN? They done a fantastic job with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Petter is off to do some RallyCross for 2013. He is building a Citroën DS3 RX car at the moment. It's not confirmed weather it will be Global Rallycross or European Rallycross just yet, it may even be both.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Could be a nice boost to the crowd at Mondello if he does the European Championship.

Robbo wrote: »
    Could be a nice boost to the crowd at Mondello if he does the European Championship.

First thing I did was look up the Mondello date :)

Just had a look at Sellotantas listings. Looks like they are only showing an hour highlights program for Sweden Rally on Monday 11pm. I think I will stick with the WRC website and youtube for this one.

Any news on the rights for UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

h3000 wrote: »
    First thing I did was look up the Mondello date :)
    Is that definitely set in stone now? I had heard the date and the event was still provisional pending FIA inspection.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

A good start for Craig Breen in Latvia, fastest so far on the (short) first stage.

Results here

dcr22B wrote: »
    Is that definitely set in stone now? I had heard the date and the event was still provisional pending FIA inspection.

Not yet but it is on the calendar pending track inspection by FIA. Just really hoping it goes ahead..
    Robbo wrote: »
    A good start for Craig Breen in Latvia, fastest so far on the (short) first stage.

Results here

Good start alright. He was a bit off the pace in the qualifying stage but lets hope he is on it now.

Good start alright. He was a bit off the pace in the qualifying stage but lets hope he is on it now.
    Faster than Ketomaa on SS2 as well, to take a 3s lead.

I must say that the ERC way of covering results online pisses on what the WRC do (even when it actually works).

Breen takes another 3.4 out of Ketomaa. Takes overnight lead of 6.4.

• Advertisement

Breen justifying his factory drive.

Not yet but it is on the calendar pending track inspection by FIA. Just really hoping it goes ahead..
    http://erc24.com/archives/9669#more-9669

Looking like bad news unfortunately :mad:

"The Irish round, to be held at the Mondello Park Circuit, was removed from the calendar, bringing the 2013 series down from ten to nine events. As we understood “reasons were not given” in Italy and involved people in Ireland learned the surprising news from our ERC24 Facebook page…"

"The Irish round, to be held at the Mondello Park Circuit, was removed from the calendar, bringing the 2013 series down from ten to nine events. As we understood “reasons were not given” in Italy and involved people in Ireland learned the surprising news from our ERC24 Facebook page…"

Typical :rolleyes:

Balls :mad:

On a better note though Breen is fastest on the first two this morning and is now out front by 10.7 seconds.

Balls :mad:

On a better note though Breen is fastest on the first two this morning and is now out front by 10.7 seconds.
    Now 1s behind after SS6

Ketomaa leading in a Fiesta RRC

Now 1s behind after SS6

Ketomaa leading in a Fiesta RRC

Yeah apparently he was bouncing off the limiter through a lot of the stage. No real problem other than that the gears were a bit short.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The reason behind the ERX being cancelled at Mondello is down to a clash of dates between the ERX and a rival series and Mondello have no other available dates to re-host the round. 2014 is looking good however.

Great result for Breen again this weekend, definitely made of the right stuff.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    The reason behind the ERX being cancelled at Mondello is down to a clash of dates between the ERX and a rival series and Mondello have no other available dates to re-host the round. 2014 is looking good however.

Great result for Breen again this weekend, definitely made of the right stuff.

If that is the case then surely the ERC would take priority, unless its an event of larger stature / coverage which I very highly doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Here's the press release...
    Mondello Park - Press Release
    Date: 04-02-2013
    For immediate release

Mondello Park European Rallycross Event Cancelled

Mondello Park wishes to announce, that despite the best efforts of the circuit owners, the Kildare track will not now host a round of the 2013 FIA European Rallycross Championship, even though it was listed on the original calendar.

On Wednesday last, January 30th, in consultation with the Championship promoters, IMG, it was decided to sit out 2013, with a view to running an event in the 2014 Championship. The FIA was advised of the decision on Thursday, as were the other event organisers at a meeting in Modena in Italy, prior to the 2012 Championship Prize Giving and the 2013 Safety Seminar.

Speaking about the cancellation, Mondello Park Managing Director John Morris, who was present in Modena said, "we're obviously disappointed but it was undoubtedly the correct decision. After the FIA calendar had been published, the organisers of the Rallycross Challenge, which appears to be a rival series, scheduled a date in Holland on the same weekend as the Mondello Park date and the FIA seemed powerless to intervene.We highlighted our concerns about this to IMG in writing on several occasions and we discussed the issue at a meeting in London on January 11th.

Mondello Park is an Internationally Licensed Race Circuit and we are solidly booked with events and shows from the middle of July until the middle of October, so we simply had nowhere to move our ERC event. The clashing event could have taken competitors from our event and consequently neither Mondello Park, nor IMG was prepared to take the risk".

"Although there will be no FIA Rallycross in Mondello Park this year the door remains open for 2014". Mr Morris continued, "IMG has indicated its genuine wish to have Ireland on the calendar, due to the level of facilities and infrastructure Mondello Park brings to an event and the Championship. We've had a preliminary discussion about 2014, where undoubtedly the most cost effective option for competitors would be to twin our event with the British round, which simply wasn’t possible this year.

Ireland has a great Rallycross tradition and fans are naturally very upset, but hopefully the FIA will take control of the situation, work closer with the promoters and be seen to more actively support its own Championship”.

ENDS

• Advertisement

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Here's the press release...

Ah ok, but i'd have thought it would've made sense to move say a track day or something with the ERC date due the the attraction of the event but hey ho. I'm just annoyed it won't be coming here :p

Advertisement