Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer killed in suspect dissident ambush

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

GRMA wrote: »
    Republican prisoners end dirty protest

I think it's good that one side has taken the initiative to try and defuse this situation. Mad that they call themselves "POWS" but anyway this is to be welcomed.
    Sinn Féin MLA Raymond McCartney has welcomed the ending of the protest at Maghaberry by a majority of prisoners taking part.
    Sinn Féin MLA welcomes ending of prison protest
    The Foyle MLA and Vice Chair of the Assembly’s Justice Committee said:

“I welcome this development which now creates the space for the resolution to the prison dispute.

“The agreement reached in 2010 provides the way forward and with good will on all sides this is an opportunity to end the protest within the prison.

“Prisoners and prison staff need to be treated with dignity and respect and the minister’s intention to seek a technological solution to the issue of strip searching provides an avenue to resolving the issue.”

The 2010 agreement he mentions is the "August Agreement" I posted earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Junder as a loyalist you well know what went on in the jail, and what brought about segregation,and the loyalist role in that, so don't pretend loyalists are in there being good little boys.

Since I am not a member of any paramiltary group nor am I in prison, then no I don't know what went on in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

junder wrote: »
    Since I am not a member of any paramiltary group nor am I in prison, then no I don't know what went on in prison.
    Really, you don't know?

Pull the other one, you initially implied you DID know what loyalists were up to in jail by asking why weren't they up to anything. So you were talking rubbish when you said that then?

You know I'm right which is why you are deflecting the way you are.

I never said you were anything other than a member of the loyalist community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

Really, you don't know?

Pull the other one, you initially implied you DID know what loyalists were up to in jail by asking why weren't they up to anything. So you were talking rubbish when you said that then?

You know I'm right which is why you are deflecting the way you are.

I never said you were anything other than a member of the loyalist community.

So by asking why loyalist prisoners are not protesting about conditions that some how translates as knowing what loyalist prisoners are up to? If I knew that why would I be asking the question.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

The prisoner issue is sooooo last century.

• Advertisement
Advertisement