Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison officer killed in suspect dissident ambush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

how can we have a united ireland in the near future......

the blame game gets people nowhere.......only the rule of law will allow a happy future for the whole island....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭junder

But you're the one who made this into a sectarian debate?
    Show me where I used any sort of sectarian language?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

junder wrote: »

That's not what I said.I said your the one who started all this sectarian talk by your insistence it was to do with the man's religion,even though there is little evidence to suggest this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Scofflaw wrote:
    This thread looks it's descending into standard NI trench warfare - which will attract the standard "fine tooth comb and ban hammer" moderation result if not walked away from pretty sharpish.
    junder wrote: »
    That's not what I said.I said your the one who started all this sectarian talk by your insistence it was to do with the man's religion,even though there is little evidence to suggest this.

Yes, specifically you two, I think, although there are a number of other dishonourable mentions who will be getting red cards, and possibly bans if required.

Banned 3 days apiece.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

“On Thursday, 1st of November, 2012, an active service unit of the IRA executed prison guard David Black.

“While the IRA never takes this type of action lightly, the IRA has a responsibility to protect and defend republican POWs.

“This action was in direct response to the torture and degradation of POWs held in Maghaberry.

“The issues that led to the IRA taking action might have been avoided if his ‘superiors’ had honoured the agreement they signed with prisoners in August 2010.”

“Rather than showing the leadership necessary to resolve the protest in Maghaberry they continue to play politics with the lives of republican POWs and indeed their own guards and PCOs.

“Similarly, the charade of hypocritical condemnation from the local political classes does nothing to resolve the issues created by their inactions.”
    IRA statement

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's amazing how you can build an entire edifice of bull**** on a small foundation of delusion. You start by inventing a country that only exists in the deranged imaginations of a handful of people, which allows you to give your imaginary country an army. Seeing as you have an imaginary army, you can dress up acts of terrorism as acts of war, and terrorists as POWs rather than criminals; and you can describe the cold-blooded murder of a good and decent man as the "execution" of a "torturer".

Best of all, you can play the petulant wife-beater's "why do you make me do it?" card.

Such princes among men.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's amazing how you can build an entire edifice of bull**** on a small foundation of delusion. You start by inventing a country that only exists in the deranged imaginations of a handful of people, which allows you to give your imaginary country an army. Seeing as you have an imaginary army, you can dress up acts of terrorism as acts of war, and terrorists as POWs rather than criminals; and you can describe the cold-blooded murder of a good and decent man as the "execution" of a "torturer".

Best of all, you can play the petulant wife-beater's "why do you make me do it?" card.

Such princes among men.
    The treatment prisoners are getting does qualify as torture in some cases, such as Marian Prices solitary confinement etc... but on the whole I agree with you, it's mad.

Given the escalation in the prison this was an easily prevented inevitability. Thats not excusing it, tis like mistreating a dangerous animal, its gonna bite.

GRMA wrote: »
    The treatment prisoners are getting does qualify as torture in some cases, such as Marian Prices solitary confinement etc... but on the whole I agree with you, it's mad.
    Rational human beings would deal with alleged torture through legal mechanisms such as the ECHR - but that would deprive the psychopaths of their excuse for murder.
    Given the escalation in the prison this was an easily prevented inevitability. Thats not excusing it, tis like mistreating a dangerous animal, its gonna bite.
    The comparison to animals - devoid of the capacity for rational thought or empathy - is apt.

Loyalist prisoners and prisoners in general are subject to the same conditions on account of,Erm being in prison.

Rational human beings would deal with alleged torture through legal mechanisms such as the ECHR - but that would deprive the psychopaths of their excuse for murder. The comparison to animals - devoid of the capacity for rational thought or empathy - is apt.
    In Marian's case it looks like Amnesty is getting involved.#

Also Colin Duffy is taking a case to Europe too.

Thanks, thats why I made it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Such princes among men.

I (like thousands of others) believe wholeheartedly in that "invented" country. Doesn't make me deranged or a criminal. Such broad sweeping statements would not be accepted in any other discussion and I don't think they should be accepted here.

I (like thousands of others) believe wholeheartedly in that "invented" country. Doesn't make me deranged or a criminal. Such broad sweeping statements would not be accepted in any other discussion and I don't think they should be accepted here.
    I think he was referring to the concept of republican legitimacy which is were the army council of the CIRA (dunno about the new IRA) claim that the governmental authority of the all Ireland Dáil was passed to them thus they can act as the govt of Ireland etc and the institutions on the stat today are illegitimate.

Or maybe not....but I certainly know that Ireland is one nation, or country, divided.

GRMA has it right. I respect your right to desire a 32-county Irish republic; I have no respect for those who claim that such a republic exists, has a legitimate army, is at war with Britain, and has the right to "execute" people in its name.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Gob****es, I'm sure prisoners will get the best of treatment now!

Gob****es, I'm sure prisoners will get the best of treatment now!

Carrying on as usual it seems.
    30967_3952810611857_1077761560_n.jpg
    [Note the beard]

RNU have learned that our comrade, Ard Comhairle member Tony Taylor, this morning sustained multiple injuries in what can only be described as a savage attack, launched on him by Prison Officers as he was about to leave Maghaberry Prison en route to Derry Courthouse.

Tony, a former H Block POW (who suffers greatly from internal injuries sustained in an explosion) was to learn today whether or not the case against him would proceed, just last week a ‘PE hearing’ heard that little or no evidence existed against him and it is our opinion that he may well have been released this morning had he made his way to court.

He did not get that chance however. As he was about to leave Maghaberry we understand that a savage attack was launched on him by the prison search team under the guise of a ‘routine strip search’.

RNU members travelling to Derry for the hearing were informed by friends of Tony’s that his hearing would not now go ahead, as Tony had been kept in Maghaberry to receive medical treatment due to the beating, specifically for a suspected broken hand.

It is our belief that Prison Officers were aware that Tony was on the verge of release; the day of his last hearing coincided with the death of David Black and on that occasion anger on the faces of prison officers surrounding Tony was apparent. RNU were concerned from that point on that Tony would bear the brunt of their aggression.

This morning it appears that Maghaberry staff did in fact take their aggression out on a lone, vulnerable protesting prisoner, and as a result he was denied the opportunity to face court and gain his rightful freedom.

RNU again call for an immediate end to barbaric Strip Searching procedures in Maghaberry prison, and for the release of Tony Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

IRA statement
    Statement from a bunch of organized crime heads with no political or electoral mandate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Statement from a bunch of organized crime heads with no political or electoral mandate!

Who do not respect or believe in democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭mcc1

Carrying on as usual it seems.

Was there really any need for them to write all that nonsense. I could have described it better and in alot less words. Here it goes -

Prison officers today attempted to do a routine search on Tony Taylor to make sure he wasn't carrying any weapons on him before being put in a van to go to court. Tony Taylor refused to allow prison officers to carry out this routine task which is carried out on ALL prisoners who are about leave for court.

In the melee which ensued because Tony refused to allow the prison officers to do a routine search Tony Taylor injured himself while lashing out at prison officers who tried to restrain him.

The Prison Officers worried that Tony may have hurt himself while lashing out at them decided he needed medical attention.

Simple...... But of course his Republican supporters felt the need to spin in such a way to make it look as though a vulnerable prisoner was attacked for absolutely no reason by big bad vicious Prison Officers :O When in actual fact it was no doubt him who injured himself while lashing out at the Prison Officers because he didn't want them to do a routine search...............

mcc1 wrote: »

Was there really any need for them to write all that nonsense. I could have described it better and in alot less words. Here it goes -

Prison officers today attempted to do a routine search on Tony Taylor to make sure he wasn't carrying any weapons on him before being put in a van to go to court. Tony Taylor refused to allow prison officers to carry out this routine task which is carried out on ALL prisoners who are about leave for court.

In the melee which ensued because Tony refused to allow the prison officers to do a routine search Tony Taylor injured himself while lashing out at prison officers who tried to restrain him.

The Prison Officers worried that Tony may have hurt himself while lashing out at them decided he needed medical attention.

Simple...... But of course his Republican supporters felt the need to spin in such a way to make it look as though a vulnerable prisoner was attacked for absolutely no reason by big bad vicious Prison Officers :O When in actual fact it was no doubt him who injured himself while lashing out at the Prison Officers because he didn't want them to do a routine search...............

Wow brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

mcc1 wrote: »

There is a danger here though that in demonising these guys and just dismissing everything they say that the state is being let off the hook and genuine grievances are getting ignored. I'm not saying they are, I'm just saying if the default mode is that anything to do with these guys is a lie then that gives the state an awful lot of room to do whatever they want.
    I mean it's not as if the northern prison service has an impeccable record.

• Advertisement

As I already pointed out loyalist and indeed normal prisoners are subject to exactly the same rules as republican. It's republicans that want to be treated differently, they want to return to the days of the maze when they had free run of thier blocks

I wonder if the psycho scum that murdered Mr Black are the same ones who left a bomb outside a primary school in Belfast yesterday?
    Real heroes these guys, you have to admire their bravery:mad:
    [http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20296706

I wonder if the psycho scum that murdered Mr Black are the same ones who left a bomb outside a primary school in Belfast yesterday?
    Real heroes these guys, you have to admire their bravery:mad:
    [http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20296706
    Ok there is no evidence to say who it was plus it might not even be a bomb,as police said yesterday.wait and see the outcome before pointing the finger.

Ok there is no evidence to say who it was plus it might not even be a bomb,as police said yesterday.wait and see the outcome before pointing the finger.
    Firstly it WAS a bomb, there is no question about that. I note the opening sentence of the earlier linked BBC NI report "A bomb found near a primary school"!The only question is whether it was a booby trap that feel from a passing vehicle or whether it was deliberatley left there, I suggest you reread the report.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/bomb-found-near-belfast-school-designed-to-maim-and-kill-574003.html
    Secondly, I didn't point the finger , I asked a question.

It was a bomb. The we'd-rather-kill-people-than-have-any-truck-with-that-democracy-rubbish brigade strike again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Imagine searching a prisioner before taking him to court, who do these bastards think they are subjecting a prisioner to the same standard protocols as all other prisoners. All these brave men want to do is kill prisioner officers, police men (because they are catholic) put bombs outside schools and shoot unarmed squadeys getting some pizza and be treated completely different in prison. Is that to much to ask for?

gallag wrote: »
    Imagine searching a prisioner before taking him to court, who do these bastards think they are subjecting a prisioner to the same standard protocols as all other prisoners. All these brave men want to do is kill prisioner officers, police men (because they are catholic) put bombs outside schools and shoot unarmed squadeys getting some pizza and be treated completely different in prison. Is that to much to ask for?

If only the situation was as simple and black and white as this.

If only the situation was as simple and black and white as this.
    Are you ready to admit that there was a bomb found outside a school in Belfast yesterday, or are you still denying that?

Are you ready to admit that there was a bomb found outside a school in Belfast yesterday, or are you still denying that?

No there was a bomb found but it wasn't planted outside the School deliberately,nonetheless it is a idiotic thing to happen.

Are you gonna presume its dissident republicans without any evidence or source?

• Advertisement

No there was a bomb found but it wasn't planted outside the School deliberately,nonetheless it is a idiotic thing to happen.

Are you gonna presume its dissident republicans without any evidence or source?
    Yes I'm going to presume that the organized crime gang that have been shooting and planting bombs in the recent past are responsible until someone shows me different.

Advertisement