Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

I just got email with cancellation... :-\ after three days.
    Boi visa credit card.... Boooooooo
    Will i try with different card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

iwo wrote: »
    I just got email with cancellation... :-\ after three days.
    Boi visa credit card.... Boooooooo
    Will i try with different card?
    You could do. Might be an idea to change your address to the PM NI one with your bank. You might be able to do this online. If you do, give it a day for it to propagate before ordering again. I did this, and it didn't work, so it seems their system, once it has you up for review, you're going to get caught. I reckon the folks who got lucky were not reviewed by the system or manually. All you can do is try again.

DECEiFER wrote: »
    You could do. Might be an idea to change your address to the PM NI one with your bank. You might be able to do this online. If you do, give it a day for it to propagate before ordering again. I did this, and it didn't work, so it seems their system, once it has you up for review, you're going to get caught. I reckon the folks who got lucky were not reviewed by the system or manually. All you can do is try again.

Thanks,
    I have modified name and surname...previously i put this motel parcel code beside my name. This time i have put it in street text box...we will see. i have now two orders. one under my wife's card TSB and one under my card BOI.

Also, any idea why google ireland doesnt sell it? billing address is dublin for google so money flow through here anyway :) i hope this tax issues will be sorted soon.

I may ask friend in UK to send it to me...what is the cheapest way of sending money to UK? do banks charge for international charge? paypal takes too much :) OK i just found it...http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/international-payments/how-to-make-a-payment/

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Thanks,
    I have modified name and surname...previously i put this motel parcel code beside my name. This time i have put it in street text box...we will see. i have now two orders. one under my wife's card TSB and one under my card BOI.

Also, any idea why google ireland doesnt sell it? billing address is dublin for google so money flow through here anyway :) i hope this tax issues will be sorted soon.

I may ask friend in UK to send it to me...what is the cheapest way of sending money to UK? do banks charge for international charge? paypal takes too much :) OK i just found it...http://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/international-payments/how-to-make-a-payment/

I also put the "pin" and "Parcel Motel" in the same box as my name. The pro former would not let me type Parcel Motel in the street name box for some reason.

I'll just have to sit it out. It's not due to ship until the 9th Sept.

strongback wrote: »
    I also put the "pin" and "Parcel Motel" in the same box as my name. The pro former would not let me type Parcel Motel in the street name box for some reason.

I'll just have to sit it out. It's not due to ship until the 9th Sept.

This is what i did and it got cancelled... :( this is why i am trying something else this time. I will post results later...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

Okay, so the strangest thing happened, and this was without Tunnelbear.

I was able to access the site logged in STRAIGHT AWAY, and was able to place an order for a Nexus 4 using shipping and billing details from Parcel Motel. Now I just have to wait nine days. :/ But still, I'll let you guys know if I find out what actually happened, and why I had access to UK Store.

9:23 - Pending - Dispatch 9th September
    No tracking number yet.

6:04PM UPDATE - Still pending, money held on card, now dispatch 10TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

It'll take 3 days if you do it online. You can go into the bank and fill out a form that sends it the same day. It'll cost you €25 or so with BOI and about €12 with Ulster Bank.

It'll take 3 days if you do it online. You can go into the bank and fill out a form that sends it the same day. It'll cost you €25 or so with BOI and about €12 with Ulster Bank.

But online option would be free? (not including exchange rate)

This is what i did and it got cancelled... :( this is why i am trying something else this time. I will post results later...

I just got confirmation from Play that my phone has been shipped so entering my name, pmid and parcel motel in the name text box didn't cause a problem.

I'm guessing the problems people are having has something to do with verifying their credit card. I used an Irish credit card that I have been using to make app purchases in Play for a couple of years.

I also got confirmation of delivery there now.

Ordered at 9:53pm Saturday, and just got confirmation at 00:05 today.

Used PM billing and shipping address, didn't use Tunnelbear. Somehow had access to the UK store straight away. Messed around with many Google settings on Friday, and had no luck. Tried the next day, and it worked.

Credit Card info and delivery address was added on checkout screen.

TIP: Try making a purchase with a UK payment method, such as a cheap application, restart your browser and see if the currency has changed to pounds. If so, you might have access to the Nexus 4 store page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 padraigoconnor

Mine has shipped and was in belfast this morning, hopefully will get it this evening or tomorrow!! Thanks for the help everyone :)

Mine is with Parcel Motel now, just left the depot in Belfast at 2pm.
    Gonna pick it up tomorrow, hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Google can tell if a visa credit card is Irish by the card number and will reject orders - even if you change billing address with bank.

MasterCard or Visa debit cards are not automatically flagged as Irish by the card number. No need to change billing address on card.

I've placed several orders successfully since December last year.
    Use tunnel bear or similar to avoid IP check.
    Best bet is to create a new gmail account, setup as UK.
    Use a visa debit card (AIB visa debit in my case) that was not tied to a previous Irish registered gmail account.
    Use parcel motel as billing and shipping address.

Its always a lottery but the above works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

If anyone who is expecting deliverys and you want to pick them up that night. Keep an eye on your parcel motel page. Mine got updated with the Pin for the locker about half ten at night even though I didn't get a text until two in the morning. I went straight up at half ten and it was there.

Nolimits wrote: »
    If anyone who is expecting deliverys and you want to pick them up that night. Keep an eye on your parcel motel page. Mine got updated with the Pin for the locker about half ten at night even though I didn't get a text until two in the morning. I went straight up at half ten and it was there.

So the PIN is available on the site too?
    Nice one! Mine is in transit to the Parcel Motel in Monaghan, will probably pick it up tomorrow morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭boarsboard

nexus 4 199 dollars on google store for 8gb

about $239 for 16gb

new nexus 5 due out

as for nexus 7 theres problems with it and the update is not fixing it and breaking ones that's working

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

Just want to say thank you to all the Boardsies on this thread!! :):):)

I ordered N4 at 18.30 Sunday 1st Sept by using a gmail account that I set up ages ago (but don't use), a brand new (1st purchase!) Tesco CC & Parcel Motel as both the delivery & billing address.

I didn't add the PM address to the Tesco card.

Fully expected it to be cancelled...so much so, I had set up another gmail account (UK this time) & added another credit card (MBNA) with my normal billing address but using the PM post code.

I almost ordered it again last night I was so sure the first order would be cancelled but lost my nerve at the last minute!! I had tried to order a cheap UK App using the first account to test & it resulted in the error others have gotten, so I was certain that the N4 order would not have a happy ending.

BUT :eek:...it shipped yesterday, email last night (half an hour after I had nearly ordered again!) & it's now merrily winging its way to a PM nearby!!!

Whoopee!! :D:D:D

Thanks guys!!

Google can tell if a visa credit card is Irish by the card number and will reject orders - even if you change billing address with bank.

MasterCard or Visa debit cards are not automatically flagged as Irish by the card number. No need to change billing address on card.

I've placed several orders successfully since December last year.
    Use tunnel bear or similar to avoid IP check.
    Best bet is to create a new gmail account, setup as UK.
    Use a visa debit card (AIB visa debit in my case) that was not tied to a previous Irish registered gmail account.
    Use parcel motel as billing and shipping address.

Its always a lottery but the above works for me.

It really does seem like its pot luck. I used an Irish Visa credit card that I have been using to make purchases in play for the last two years. The visa credit card got through for me and the nexus is in transit with Parcel Motel at the moment.

1185233_10151896936665820_230791142_n.jpg

She's a beaut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

OK, I set up everything....

Using uk.justfreevpn.com VPN, on Google UK Play, everything in Pounds, Gmail linked, etc. using Chrome incognito.....

new Gmail on UK Google, Google Wallet, with a UK, NI address, all looks OK!!!

I am using an Entropay Pre-paid Visa, it is Euro denominated, works for Netflix US fine...

It has a NI address, a real one, my bro-in law.....

So, I tried one of those free purchases, Books and Mags, which uses Google Wallet....

it looks as though I am completing the transaction OK....

but immediately shows cancelled, as per the pics posted...

and Wallet shows the same.

Is it the Visa, being Euro?? [But it has UK address.]

Or is it too soon, I just did this evening.

Does it need more time, to validate the Visa Card??

I have attached pics, showing both Play and Wallet cancelled transactions.

google_play.jpg

Wallet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!!! :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

But online option would be free? (not including exchange rate)

Sorry, only saw this now. Yes. It'll take about 3/4 working days though. Put it in on a Sunday and it'll be in the account on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Is there anywhere else beside google to order the official bumper? The ones on ebay look like they might be fakes.

ohhhh gezuz....my both orders came through....BUT, I only wanted one :) I created two accounts to use two different cards and both got accepted!! Did not work at first time though. I shouldn't have problems with selling anyway.

It looks like this card verification is random after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone got a 8gb for sale? Meant to order one this week while in the uk but it didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Hi ,

My daughter is currently staying in the US but is due home in October , she has one of those dollar post office credit card thingies and has money left over on it . I was thinking of getting her to get me a Nexus 4 16g from the play store over there . Would there be any problems with this ? would it be $249 plus delivery ?

Actually finally got on to the US site using Hola , I guess there is Tax to be added to that price , anyone know how much that would work ?

I bought a Nexus 4 16gb through Parcel Motel last week using a UK IP address and it was delivered with no problems.

I was telling a mate about the offer and he said he would be interested. I decided to try logging on to Play UK from my Irish IP address and I was able to do it. I am also able to purchase the phone through my Irish IP using the Parcel Motel address.

This makes me think even more that the problems with ordering are to do with credit/debit cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I bought mine from the German play store with an Irish credit card so it's more random than that. My billing address is German, same as shipping address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone able to order the 16GB today?

Advertisement