Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 4 ordering process

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

tried changing my wallet address to a uk and using tunnelbear. No luck. Not available in your country.

Why the hell are they making this so difficult? Why aren't they selling in the republic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Smyth wrote: »
    tried changing my wallet address to a uk and using tunnelbear. No luck. Not available in your country.

Why the hell are they making this so difficult? Why aren't they selling in the republic?

is your browser showing the uk play store? btw are you using Chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

close and reopen your browser. same thing happened to me in firefox.

Not sure if I'll get the nexus 4 or not though after reading about its throttling issue which cuts the cpu/gpu speed in half when the battery reaches a certain temperature. Definitely a great price though.

I created a brand new account under tunnelbear. Ordered the device. Then the order got cancelled by Google 5mins later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

spix wrote: »
    The onscreen buttons put me off the nexus 4 as it makes the actual resolution 1184x720 which is a bit strange. Won't that make some things such as games appear stretched/squashed depending on which way the phone is turned?

On screen buttons disappear when they're not needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I created a brand new account under tunnelbear. Ordered the device. Then the order got cancelled by Google 5mins later.

Uh oh. What did the email say? The price drop will probably reach other places like amazon soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 padraigoconnor

Would someone please like to explain the current way on how to get the nexus 4 through google play?

I just don't understand how tunnel bear works..

spix wrote: »
    Uh oh. What did the email say? The price drop will probably reach other places like amazon soon anyway.

Something along the lines of "your google play info looks dodgy. Send 1) Government ID and 2) Image of bill etc with the Google Wallet address.

**** em. I'll just get an iphone.

iwo wrote: »
    What address do you use for parcel motel??
    Part 1. Personal Details.
    Please enter the following information about yourself

Can you help plz??

OK...got it...

I live in Canada..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

Best of luck to everyone who's ordering via Google. As said before, some will win, some will lose. You can keep trying but it all wastes so much time and energy that you'll be well annoyed after a while.

Anyone with predictions on when we'll get Movies, TV, Magazines, and Devices? Wednesday? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

They've done this coz to them it looks dodgy, new account buys phone account not used anymore. There's been posts on this the last time all this was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm actually in the Uk next week, should I change my google account to refelect me being in the uk and then use paypal to pay for it? No tunnel bear etc

DECEiFER wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone who's ordering via Google. As said before, some will win, some will lose. You can keep trying but it all times so much time and energy that you'll be well annoyed after a while.

Anyone with predictions on when we'll get Movies, TV, Magazines, and Devices? Wednesday? :P

It's obviously next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I ordered last night, it still says my payment is processing, is this a good or bad sign?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Nolimits wrote: »
    It's obviously next Wednesday

Again, this is based on nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 luckyluke87

Hi,after price drop I am tryumf but nexus from GB,but i have strange problem, changed Ip address with hideman for gb address,create new gb google account,try to but but it always redirect me to us version with dolllars and cant but because only option with send to us not gb.Even if I click punkt to gb google play with nexus always redirect me to us,checked on old irl google account and is same but my ip is GB ip,i cleared cookies and everytging from browser
    Anobody can help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Hi,after price drop I am tryumf but nexus from GB,but i have strange problem, changed Ip address with hideman for gb address,create new gb google account,try to but but it always redirect me to us version with dolllars and cant but because only option with send to us not gb.Even if I click punkt to gb google play with nexus always redirect me to us,checked on old irl google account and is same but my ip is GB ip,i cleared cookies and everytging from browser
    Anobody can help?

just use tunnebear, works fine for me. I use it with IE as i never use IE so no cache cookies etc problems

Again, this is based on nothing :pac:

Obviously.

Delightful, fellas. Are we taking bets?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Mine was shipped last night, I have a tracking number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Collected mine from my local Parcel Motel this morning..

5AGngv.jpg

Ordered Tuesday Wednesday morning at 7.30am.

Holy sh... Not bad. Jaysus, they're shipping them out a lot quicker now, could it be that sales have declined causing the price change, and in spite of that, they haven't increased by a major amount? Either way, we should wait and see how other people's orders go before jumping to any conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ooter

Still glad I got the phone but gutted now I didn't wait a few more weeks..:(

ooter wrote: »
    Still glad I got the phone but gutted now I didn't wait a few more weeks..:(
    Are you too late for this?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86241864&postcount=3616

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ooter

Yeah,ah sure not to worry.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Holy sh... Not bad. Jaysus, they're shipping them out a lot quicker now, could it be that sales have declined causing the price change, and in spite of that, they haven't increased by a major amount? Either way, we should wait and see how other people's orders go before jumping to any conclusions.

The updated model should be announced soonish so they are probably trying to clear stock of the older models.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭steescribbles

I'm trying to get access to the UK devices page, using TunnelBear. I've changed my account address, my Google wallet address, and am hoping to get it delivered using Parcel Motel. Every time I log in though, it gives my the DEVICES UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY screen.

Do I need to create an entirely seperate account?

Also, when using Google Wallet, what address would I use as Google checks the billing address?

I really want this phone. :(

I'm trying to get access to the UK devices page, using TunnelBear. I've changed my account address, my Google wallet address, and am hoping to get it delivered using Parcel Motel. Every time I log in though, it gives my the DEVICES UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY screen.

Do I need to create an entirely seperate account?

Also, when using Google Wallet, what address would I use as Google checks the billing address?

I really want this phone. :(

I was on the same boat as you, what worked for me is I changed the browser ( I was using chrome, but downloaded new version of firefox) Switched to uk server on tunnelbear, opened firefox, went to google.co.uk, set up a new gmail & wallet, then went onto google store and the price was in pounds, my address seems to be working now just going to wait a few hours til I get mulas in my card to buy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm haing the same problem "not avail in your country" Will it work if my wallet has an Irish debit card assigned to it? I might just sign up to a new account next week while in the uk.

• Advertisement

MrPain wrote: »
    Mine was shipped last night, I have a tracking number

May I ask what payment method did you use? My BOI visa card seems to be declining

Advertisement