Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Yeah the last payout for the gingerbread house is 'generous' so this should get you over the line

BTW neighbours beginning with the letter 'S' you should all have presents in your Springfields, most of them have dropped behind buildings or decorations so get hunting!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah the last payout for the gingerbread house is 'generous' so this should get you over the line

BTW neighbours beginning with the letter 'S' you should all have presents in your Springfields, most of them have dropped behind buildings or decorations so get hunting!

How generous... :o

Oh, as you've mentioned presents behind buildings, can I use this as an opportunity to apologise to anyone here who's dropped a present in my town that I haven't opened? I'm awful at finding them... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

wnolan1992 wrote: »

Oh, as you've mentioned presents behind buildings, can I use this as an opportunity to apologise to anyone here who's dropped a present in my town that I haven't opened? I'm awful at finding them... :(

Wait, we have to open them ourselves?

Ah FFS!! I thought they opened automatically! :mad:

What's the screen that pops up when you log in about then?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Wait, we have to open them ourselves?

Ah FFS!! I thought they opened automatically! :mad:

What's the screen that pops up when you log in about then?

That screen shows you the results from other people opening the boxes you've dropped in their towns. You've find all the ones other people have dropped in your town individually. Bit annoying if you've a cluttered, large town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Last ginger bread I think was 2700

• Advertisement

That screen shows you the results from other people opening the boxes you've dropped in their towns. You've find all the ones other people have dropped in your town individually. Bit annoying if you've a cluttered, large town.

Makes sense, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Makes sense, thanks! :)

Hiding the buildings makes it easier to find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Got the orphans woohoo :)

Yeah, looking forward to more craftable items in act II, it doesn't look like I'm going to get the bonuts for surplus santa hats, the targets are very tight this event

speaking of hidden presents, I've been slowly getting back into the whole mono-rail track layout task that I've been planning to finish since the event finished and I was trying to complete my track today but it wouldn't allow me to put in the final piece of track . . .

turns out there was present behind the building I was trying to place the track behind, connorosullivan84 please take a bow for sneaky present hiding!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

No more Santa hats in act 2. Which is annoying because I was saving them for new prizes. Mistletoe it is! Snowman just earns money now. 10h for the first task in the petting zoo and only 3 levels though; maybe EA realised it was very tight last time? Then again there are more attractions to build in this act, but not having to check in every 4 hours is a big help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

There's a christmas tree sales craftable in the menu. It gives mistletoe every 4 hours. There was no prompt to build it so some may not notice it's there.

There's all new craftables too. I havent looked through it yet to see what I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

brianomc wrote: »
    There's a christmas tree sales craftable in the menu. It gives mistletoe every 4 hours. There was no prompt to build it so some may not notice it's there.

There's all new craftables too. I havent looked through it yet to see what I like.

I hope people didn't craft this like I did. The first daily challenge is to craft it. I've already done it so the challenge is now impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭guil

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I hope people didn't craft this like I did. The first daily challenge is to craft it. I've already done it so the challenge is now impossible.

Damn I did as well and I have the challenge sitting there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    guil wrote: »
    Damn I did as well and I have the challenge sitting there this morning.
    I'd imagine it's a glitch. They've a week to fix it. Here's hoping we get credit for the one already built. I don't want two of the feckers...

Try storing it in your inventory and placing it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Try storing it in your inventory and placing it again?
    Tried that, it didn't work!

I also had it crafted before the weekly task.

Damn, normally wouldn't craft things unless the event told me to, so I've no idea why I did :D

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Dammit brianomc, it's all your fault!
    Sorry anyone who listened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 chick7

I crafted the damn trees too and can't finish today's task

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can u not sell it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,232 ✭✭✭corkie

Dammit brianomc, it's all your fault!
    Sorry anyone who listened to me.

Don't worry too much reports are in that EA are working on a patch!
    The_B_Man wrote: »
    Can u not sell it?
    Can not be sold and only one can be crafted!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Came on about irregular Christmas tree as well, seems we were all crafting away!

Can folks that didn't do it and are able to go to the next days tasks let us know what we have to do so that we can keep on top of the challenge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

Came on about irregular Christmas tree as well, seems we were all crafting away!

Can folks that didn't do it and are able to go to the next days tasks let us know what we have to do so that we can keep on top of the challenge?
    1 Craft and Place X-mas Trees Slightly Irregular –
    2 Make Martin Find the Perfect Christmas Tree [x3] 4h
    3 Tap Merrymakers [x75]
    4 Make Cletus Harvest Termites [x4] 4h
    5 Make Ned Find a Tree that Resembles Jesus [x4] 4h
    – Complete All Challenges – – _donut20

And week 4...
    1 Make Apu Buy Cheap Squishee Filler [x4] 4h
    2 Make Springfielders Go Carolling [x6] 4h
    3 Drop Presents in Friend Towns [x5] –
    4 Craft an Item
    5 Tap Merrymakers [x100]
    – Complete All Challenges – – _donut20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

You don't need to do the task to move on to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

corkie wrote: »
    Can not be sold and only one can be crafted!
    Once it can be dumped in KrappyLand once the event is over, I'm happy...

In game update patched the bug for the challenge!

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tic tac lady

Always looking for new neighbours! babyblue2589 is my username :-)

Act 1 craftables are now back in the game, ski chalet village here I come!

• Advertisement

fc212b26c718cabbf858e655f4ca116a_1024.jpeg
    There's a glitch with Maggie! Do not start her questline until you have done the 4pts of Burning Wrath of Fire or you will miss 400 mistletoes.
    Once you start Maggie BWoF will disappear and as each part rewards 100 mistletoes you will miss out on them if you start Maggies questline.
    Mags quest is a continuation of Act two and apparently skipping ahead (with the early release) and doing it out of chronoligical order is not possible. Wish EA had not done the early release or halted Maggies quest, making it required to finish act two before it triggered.

Marge prompts it. It can sit in the book but do not start it.

Advertisement