Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭corkie

Please note that there will be NO CRAFTING in Act three!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

corkie wrote: »
    Please note that there will be NO CRAFTING in Act three!

Will there be crafting in act three? :D

Also, leave some resources to craft something tomorrow (daily task).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just a small tip.

If you've passed this act's collection point for berries and are on the bonus collection part, click into the job in your taskbar on the left and it'll say ????/4000 collected.

Tap on the Do It button to be brought straight to a Merrymaker.

This might be obvious to lots, but it saves looking through the town for the green eejits, especially the small guys :D

bb7be3964859c359956a74380683ed33_500.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Is the final Act 2 prize a character or a skin for an existing character? I'm only just around 30k now, so wondering is it worth putting in the extra effort to try and unlock it.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Is the final Act 2 prize a character or a skin for an existing character? I'm only just around 30k now, so wondering is it worth putting in the extra effort to try and unlock it.

It is a skin for "Comic Book Guy" and starts a quest for him.

http://tstoaddicts.com/2015/12/31/christmas-2015-prize-guide-act-2-prize-5-festivus-comic-book-guy/

Happy New Year!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Yeah, so looks like I won't be getting the last Act 3 prize. Thanks for the info corkie, at least now I won't feel too bad for missing it.

Seriously, I don't know what it is with this event. I just can't seem to amass currency. I'm at 33k now. In previous event, 2.5k in a day would be a very realistic goal, but with the attractions paying out so little (seriously, 32 mistletoe every 8 hours?) and there being no character jobs that generate mistletoe I think it's just a lost cause.

Have to decide between the Elfcot Centre and the ice sculpture of the couch gag too in terms of crafting. I'm torn because I'm planning to do a cool ice-sculpture display that has all the different ones together, and the couch would look cool in that. But the building generates money...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Pete123456

So I says the event is ending in 6 and a bit hours but new prizes are being added in 9? Is there no act three or what? also, I agree Its very difficult to accumulate mistletoe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Anyone else having trouble tapping the bears in the new challenges

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hococop wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble tapping the bears in the new challenges

Yup.

Not tappable in friends towns at first but exiting back to my Springfield and then trying again seemed to work.

I want the snow to go away now. This Act 3 feels like it's completely separate from the Christmas event, so I'd have preferred if the snow went away with Act 2...

I'm considering going nuclear on the town again now that I'm nearing max level so I can redo everything. There's just a perimeter of higgledy-piggledy buildings around my town now because events kept hitting and I didn't have the time to place them properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

I want the snow to go away now. This Act 3 feels like it's completely separate from the Christmas event, so I'd have preferred if the snow went away with Act 2...

I'm considering going nuclear on the town again now that I'm nearing max level so I can redo everything. There's just a perimeter of higgledy-piggledy buildings around my town now because events kept hitting and I didn't have the time to place them properly...

I badly need to nuke my town. Since the mid twenties levels I have just been placing buildings all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I noticed bears I tap in a neighbours town are not giving dummies? What's the point in visiting. Or is there a Max per day from visitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I noticed bears I tap in a neighbours town are not giving dummies? What's the point in visiting. Or is there a Max per day from visitors?

Think there's a Max amount of dummies from neighbours. I can't bear act 3 if you pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I'm guessing everyone is so busy enjoying Act 3 to post here....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Pure muck!

I actually am enjoying Act 3. Far better prizes than the first two acts, less hectic a pace, and a decent questline to follow as opposed to just 2 or 3 tasks.

Can anyone tell me though, why do people hate Krustyland so much? I mean, I just largely ignore it because I'm not happy with my main town yet, but once I'm at max level and my town is set up, I'll definitely be messing around with it more. I've seen it mentioned here a few times that people don't like it, and today I got to the part of the quest where Homer has to search in Krustyland and there's just a whole heap of dialogue making fun of it. I don't really get it...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I actually am enjoying Act 3. Far better prizes than the first two acts, less hectic a pace, and a decent questline to follow as opposed to just 2 or 3 tasks.

Can anyone tell me though, why do people hate Krustyland so much? I mean, I just largely ignore it because I'm not happy with my main town yet, but once I'm at max level and my town is set up, I'll definitely be messing around with it more. I've seen it mentioned here a few times that people don't like it, and today I got to the part of the quest where Homer has to search in Krustyland and there's just a whole heap of dialogue making fun of it. I don't really get it...

It looks Krap. You have to leave SF to get there. You can only fill it up with the more interesting Krap if you're prepared to drop donuts. Don't know why they don't just integrate it with the main game, a la SH.

It's pointless, it looks Krap, there's Krap all to do there, and if you want it to look less Krap, you've to drop donuts on Krap.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Just need about 9 thousand more pacifiers and I have Gerald. Hope I get them. How are ye all doing?

KKkitty wrote: »
    Just need about 9 thousand more pacifiers and I have Gerald. Hope I get them. How are ye all doing?

I'm about 8k away. Should easily get it. I needed 400 donuts for it last night, and now I'm down to about 320, so I reckon I'll have him by Friday.

Just finished Maggie's quest too and unlocked the mini-game. If it's an ongoing thing, means we've got another way of earning donuts.

88f2c26af5c8d158eb36883d5ef4767c_500.jpeg

Above taken from another site!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

corkie wrote: »
    Above taken from another site!

Having the volume up definitely helps. You can hear the Maggie sucking noise as you pan across your town and then just zoom in.
    If you don't find her do you have to wait 16 hours to try again or is that just if you do find her?

brianomc wrote: »
    Having the volume up definitely helps. You can hear the Maggie sucking noise as you pan across your town and then just zoom in.
    If you don't find her do you have to wait 16 hours to try again or is that just if you do find her?

I couldn't find her today on my first attempt. She was on a Blue House and I didn't check that area. Had to wait 16 hours for my next attempt.

I think if you find her, you can search again straight away, at least it appears that way in this video. Edit: Found or not, you still have to wait 16 Hours.

Taken from this post on topix

I will have to check again tomorrow. I had read about the 16 hour wait so I guess I cheated. With about 10 seconds left I quit the game fully, went back in and had to wait about 3 minutes before I could retry. I found her that time and got a 16 hour countdown.
    I wasn't sure what way it was meant to work.
    Actually the first time I tried to find her i got disconnected immediately, I couldnt get back in for an hour, that was what gave me the idea to force-quit when I hadn't found her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I found her on the roof of a blue house and tapped and tapped. It didn't do anything. Then told me I lost basically.

I found her on the roof of a blue house and tapped and tapped. It didn't do anything. Then told me I lost basically.

That's where I found her too. I had to tap like mad for the game to eventually accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Does it get triggered, or are we all supposed to be looking for Maggie?

I only have over 15,000 dummys, so I don't even have the 3rd prize yet :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Turning off Christmas decorations helps a little but you still have to tap like mad all over the place for it to sometimes register :(

Advertisement