Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons: Tapped Out

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭corkie

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    All pretty crap prizes IMO. :(

Yes they are, already got Kodos Topiary (has a multiplier) and debris on my two attempts.

Chance of donuts on clearing the debris.

What Changed With the Deep Space Homer Patch 2 Update? (January 28th)

Storing the Rocket when crashed has been fixed! :mad:

Professor Frink’s Host Observatory Event is now permanent.

Edit: Confirmed: You can get Donuts from space debris. Just got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You might want to check the 'confirm donut spend' box again, folks...

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

endacl wrote: »

I did thanks for that, sorry for your unintended spend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Pulled the plug, bought Barney, the Observatory and the Carbon Rod Monument thing. 160 donuts left, really tempted by the Drive-In or the Rigellan Queen... Probably won't though and just save up for something during the next event now that we can reliably get donuts regularly with Maggie.

2016-02-04-20-55-22.png

Tailgate and Daily Challenge Systems are live!

Farewell to the "Misery Box"!

Welcome to Daily Challenges and small rewards of donuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

corkie wrote: »
    2016-02-04-20-55-22.png

Tailgate and Daily Challenge Systems are live!

Farewell to the "Misery Box"!

Welcome to Daily Challenges and small rewards of donuts.

Seems good so far, got 5-6 donuts already but I'm guessing it will be more difficult soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've started playing again after getting my new phone. I ended up starting a new game if anyone wants to add me as a neighbour/friend my user name is gemmaisobel :-)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Final Mystery Box gave me...

Drumroll....

Itchy and Scratchy Billboard.

Good riddance to the bloody things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Final Mystery Box gave me...

Drumroll....

Itchy and Scratchy Billboard.

Good riddance to the bloody things.

Got the exact same item

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hococop wrote: »
    Got the exact same item
    Yeah I got one too. At least it makes a change from Lard Lad!

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Yeah I got one too. At least it makes a change from Lard Lad!

At least Lard Lads earn money. I've more minnow ponds, Khlav Kalesh carts and billboards than I can count.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

No for me the usual channel six van.

I seem to have a load of them and billboards too.

Least the new game has more of an incentive.

Getting donuts for tidying debris. Is there a number of debris you need to tidy before you get a donut. Or is it just luck

Did about 20 yesterday and got nothing.

No for me the usual channel six van.

I seem to have a load of them and billboards too.

Least the new game has more of an incentive.

Getting donuts for tidying debris. Is there a number of debris you need to tidy before you get a donut. Or is it just luck

Did about 20 yesterday and got nothing.

You get 1 or 2 at the very start, then AFAIK the multiplier is so low that it's practically impossible to get any more. I've been playing for a year, and have never got any from debris apart from the very first ones.

If you've just started, remember to tap repeatedly on Homer for a nicer surprise.

"Misery Box" is not gone for good. Chance of been rewarded one with the DCS!

Daily Challenges System: Jobs and Rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Whats going on in TO now? seems to be a pile of nothing. Just upgrading Islands and resorts. I think the whole Nara thing was over too quick and a load of pants tbh.

Whats going on in TO now? seems to be a pile of nothing. Just upgrading Islands and resorts. I think the whole Nara thing was over too quick and a load of pants tbh.

I'm happy to have the downtime to try and clear some of the quests I have tbh. Wanna finish off the Money Mountain and a few other things.

NARA was a bit crap though, I mean it was cool to get the Homer and Barney skins, but the shuttle and launching it every 12 hours is so pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Can I just reiterate that I hate Springfield Heights. It's a major time sink. It leaves tasks undone which annoys me. I don't mind the shuttle at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Sarn

Valentine's update is here. Collect hearts and get rewards. Homer's mom is the final prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Next premium character: so I have around 165 donuts to spend and was wondering what is the best character to buy. Any recommendations? I have Barney and luellan.
    Was thinking disco stu. Is the likes of duffman a waste of time storyline wise.
    Anyone know if there is an old gill sale with donuts back coming up??

I bought Becky this morning 'cos I love that episode. :o

40 donuts left, probably going to save up and get Bumblebee Man next unless there's an event between now and when I have enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

The whole NARA thing was a waste of time, upgrading SH is a pain in the arse much like KV.

Really need a decent new lot of tasks to bring this back to life

Anyone else find the Valentine's quest very uncomfortable?

The Simpsons have touched on suicide before, but giving a player agency over someone with no option other than to make them attempt suicide to progress the quest did not sit well with me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

What quest is that pal?

Anyone else find the Valentine's quest very uncomfortable?

The Simpsons have touched on suicide before, but giving a player agency over someone with no option other than to make them attempt suicide to progress the quest did not sit well with me at all.
    Did it really look for that?? I don't pay much attention to the dialogue, just try to get the tasks done.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    What quest is that pal?

The one with Mona and the car.
    Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Did it really look for that?? I don't pay much attention to the dialogue, just try to get the tasks done.

Yeah, at one point Grampa is going on about how he wants to be with Mona forever, then the next quest is "Make Grampa Run Car in the Garage" or something. Then when that fails, the next quest is "Make Grampa Make an Ally of Gravity", which is directly after a dialogue about jumping of a building.

Incredibly poor taste IMO.

As I said before, they've done suicide themes before (Moe on several occasions, Grampa even goes to an assisted suicide clinic at one point which is quite a funny scene), but giving the player control over it just felt wrong to me, and the fact that it spanned multiple tasks made it even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Woo hoo! I got a minature nuclear warhead from the shuttle launch today . . . and have placed in my survivalist forest enclosure

Springfield heights, it's a grind if you're grinding it, but there's not deadline so I'm just tipping away in between events, will have the millionaire paradise soon if there's no more events before Paddy's day . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭AlmostQuick

In-game update: World's Largest Redwood. Upgrade, upgrade....
    http://tstoaddicts.com/2016/02/17/in-game-update-worlds-largest-redwood/#more-34393

• Advertisement

In-game update: World's Largest Redwood. Upgrade, upgrade....
    http://tstoaddicts.com/2016/02/17/in-game-update-worlds-largest-redwood/#more-34393
    Seems to be a money pit, like the money mountain...

Advertisement