Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Most Disgusting Food Habits

Options
  • 14-10-2012 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I read on another thread about someone having bananas with their fry... And most people I know have some weird food habits.. So whats your weirdest indulgence?

Mines is pork scratchings (crisps)& minstrels in a bowl & eaten at the same time. Delish.
    It used to be dry Koka Noodles till I realised how dangerous that was.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Shinaynay wrote: »
    I read on another thread about someone having bananas with their fry... And most people I know have some weird food habits.. So whats your weirdest indulgence?

Mines is pork scratchings (crisps)& minstrels in a bowl & eaten at the same time. Delish.

Dry Koka Noodles is dangerous? How?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I have a few odd food habits. One is onion with salt on it. Just cut up and onion and eat it with loads of salt on it, and tea. The tea stops the burning. It's actually nice :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I dip biscuits into soup.

Chocolate hob nobs and leek and potato soup is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

[-0-] wrote: »
    Dry Koka Noodles is dangerous? How?

I believe it's because they expand in your stomach, or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Coleslaw and ketchup in a beef burger. Is that disgusting? People usually tell me it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I always take a lump of the Koka noodles and munch on it before I cook them. how is it dangerous?

I eat white/black pudding raw before I cook it as well. A lot of people seem to do this but a lot of others seem horrified by it. Raw white pudding is yum though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I have a few odd food habits. One is onion with salt on it. Just cut up and onion and eat it with loads of salt on it, and tea. The tea stops the burning. It's actually nice :P

http://www.gepr.org/en/contents/20120820-04/

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Shinaynay

[Quote=[-0-];81236004]
    Shinaynay wrote: »

Dry Koka Noodles is dangerous? How?[/Quote]
    it expands in you stomach

Coleslaw and ketchup in a beef burger. Is that disgusting? People usually tell me it is.
    that's not too bad.. If it was coleslaw & strawberry jam I'd be worried

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Bisuits in soup?! Onions with salt and tea?! Dry Koka noodles?! What the heck is wrong with you people?

Weetabix with pureed banana in hot water is yumtastic. Hold the milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Are dry noodles still dangerous if you're not a pigeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I'm a sucker for baby food.. Nom nom nom

Itwasntme. wrote: »
    Bisuits in soup?! Onions with salt and tea?! Dry Koka noodles?! What the heck is wrong with you people?

Weetabix with pureed banana in hot water is yumtastic. Hold the milk.

Biscuits in soup cant be real

Kurz wrote: »
    Are dry noodles still dangerous if you're not a pigeon?
    Im sure its not healthy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

:o I love biscuits in soup...not that weird surely?

Try it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Vinegar with koka noodles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Twix wrapped in a slice of ham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If I see Nutella in the cupboard I always scoop up a bit with my finger. It's too good to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Cant eat scrambled or fried eggs without loads and loads of ketchup. My dad is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Cydoniac wrote: »
    If I see Nutella in the cupboard I always scoop up a bit with my finger. It's too good to avoid.

That's not weird... Now, if you were shoving your nutella covered finger up your ass, that would be weird! Very weird.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Us Irish love our crisp sambos.

But one for me that I used to love as a kid, no longer mind you was chickatee sambos. The chickatees turned to a sawdust like substance when pressed with the bread but I loved them back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Kurz wrote: »
    I always take a lump of the Koka noodles and munch on it before I cook them. how is it dangerous?

I eat white/black pudding raw before I cook it as well. A lot of people seem to do this but a lot of others seem horrified by it. Raw white pudding is yum though.

I used to eat pudding raw as a child but it's actually dangerous I think.

I used to pour salt on butter and just eat it all together.

I love ketchup sandwiches - plain bread and a dollop of ketchup all squished together!

Pasta sandwiches are wicked - pasta with bolognese sauce and tuna on bread and butter. Nom nom nom.

Beetroot sandwiches and cucumber sandwiches. Big fan of sandwiches really.

My friend put me onto toast, mayo and cheese which is surprisingly tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

Pesto on EVERRRRYTHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Pudding is usually already cooked/boiled.
    Think it's a bit of a northside Dub thing to do. Used to work with a woman who'd eat raw white pud for her morning break.

Hot Popcorn with butter and m&ms. Haven't had them in a while but holy god it's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Youssef Chippo

I'm partial to the odd cake jumper

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Pudding is usually already cooked/boiled.
    Think it's a bit of a northside Dub thing to do. Used to work with a woman who'd eat raw white pud for her morning break.

Hot Popcorn with butter and m&ms. Haven't had them in a while but holy god it's amazing.

Yep pudding is already cooked, your basically just heating it up and browning it off.

I used to eat raw sausages as a child, they were so nice, turns my stomach now though and god only knows how I didn't get sick from it, my older sister used to do the same and she was the one who started giving them to me.
    Also we used to make bun mix and eat it raw.

I started eating chips, cheese and gravy which in the isle of man and still love it to this day, apparently thats rotten but a curry, cheese chip isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Aoifey! wrote: »
    I believe it's because they expand in your stomach, or something like that.

Why is that dangerous though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Brown sauce sambos

Throwback for the 80's when we had no meat to go on it:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

[-0-] wrote: »
    Why is that dangerous though?
    It's not. You'd have to eat a stupid amount of them raw to sufficiently fill your stomach to a point that the expansion would start causing problems.

Advertisement