Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueeyedlass

As someone said in a post a while back,its not as bad as it looks on paper. I have a friend whos working in Tallagh at the minute and she seems to be happy enough with the money..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SirSprek

Got placed on the panel after the second round of interviews and wasn't successful in my expression of interest for the 10 positions on the 31st of July.
    Does anyone know how to find out how many places you would have moved up in the panel. After those who got places, and those who got them- turned them down and were moved to the back of the panel, I wonder were I now sit?
    There has really been no part of this process that has been crystal clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7 blueeyedlass

Id say your best bet would be to ring National Recruitment service in manothamilton. They have been very helpful to me over the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭alphaecho92

@SirSprek wondering the same myself. In the same boat as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody has heard anything about when jobs in Ballyshannon might come up? I rang Manorhamilton and they couldn't give me any info. I know we could have a wait but would love to know if we are looking more at weeks or months. Hope those that started in Tallaght are getting on good 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jos1979

Sunrays - i am waiting on Ballyshannon too .it's hard to know. Hopefully it is soon! Does anyone know how many they need for Ballyshannon? How is everyone getting on in tallaght with the training?

Which post are you looking for alphaecho?
    Hoping for talaght myself. Hoping there are still positions to be filled

Looking for tallaght the same as yourself SirSprek. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer

Looking for tallaght the same as yourself SirSprek. Hopefully we won't be waiting too much longer

No doubt everyone will hear at the same time but if I hear anything through the grapevine I'll post it up here

Ditto.

• Advertisement

Those three jobs, stupid question maybe. Are they tallaght based?

Those three jobs, stupid question maybe. Are they tallaght based?

alphaecho92 in the briefing document it says location of post is tallaght the same as the first one. Are you waiting on tallaght or ballyshannon? I am waiting on Ballyshannon. Thought they would be taking on more than 3 to train at a time! Anyone know what way it works, training wise?

Tallaght myself. Living in waterford so will be relocating. Would rather be this end if the country for travelling home etc.

Anyone heard anything?

Hi All, Just see another 3 jobs have become available for Tallaght. Still waiting on call for Ballyshannon myself. How is the training going for everyone who started in August?

The next three for tallaght are for untrained call takers am I correct?

Yes, says unqualified but contract is different. In email today it says specified contract and a definition
    Specified Purpose Post – WHAT IS IT?
    "A Specified Purpose post is a post which is of a fixed duration for a specific purpose. It is not a permanent post" and start date is "To be Notified by Line Manager"
    and last weeks one was Permanent to start 23rd of November.
    In both briefing documents it says "There is a requirement to complete a 14 week training programme to become an accredited Emergency Service Call Taker; this training will be provided by the National Ambulance Service College with the certification being accredited by the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council"
    A tad confusing!!! Did you read over the briefing documents @alphaecho92???

I did. Just a small bit confused is all. Maybe a phone call to manorhamilton will sort this all out!

• Advertisement

Yes, maybe a call to Manorhamilton would be best bet! I rang them last week regarding my place on panel, they were very helpful. I was a bit confused about panel. It is an overall panel, not the place given in interview results letter!!

Anyone know how long the refrence checks take guys? Thanks guys

Jos1979 how did they explain the panel situation because my position on the panel for the last 3 jobs was much further back than my position given at interview stage. Sort of lost hope in this job as a result.

SirSprek wrote: »
    Jos1979 how did they explain the panel situation because my position on the panel for the last 3 jobs was much further back than my position given at interview stage. Sort of lost hope in this job as a result.

Pm SirSprek

SirSprek wrote: »

Pm ☺

Anyone starting next Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

Hey guys, did everyone get the email today?.. 12 more jobs in Tallaght. I'm starting to give up hope on Ballyshannon. I'm considering applying for Tallaght with the hope of transferring to Ballyshannon at some point. Anyone know if this would be possible or should I just hold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

sunnyrays wrote: »
    Hey guys, did everyone get the email today?.. 12 more jobs in Tallaght. I'm starting to give up hope on Ballyshannon. I'm considering applying for Tallaght with the hope of transferring to Ballyshannon at some point. Anyone know if this would be possible or should I just hold out?

I got the email too, the money the money the money..... does anyone know what the gross weekly or monthly pay is after any benifits/allowances are applied? I just can't find the answer to that

I've see the annual income before allowances which I don't think I can afford so I'm hoping the shift allowance etc will make it possible for me to proceed

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

david-d wrote: »
    I got the email too, the money the money the money..... does anyone know what the gross weekly or monthly pay is after any benifits/allowances are applied? I just can't find the answer to that

I've see the annual income before allowances which I don't think I can afford so I'm hoping the shift allowance etc will make it possible for me to proceed

Money is better in real life then on paper. Saturday allowance and sunday pay(double time on sundays and o.t is double time too) plenty of o.t available at the moment but with 12 extra staff that will dry up. Money during training is flat week no extras. After the 14 weeks it gets better.

Expect to take home after training 850-870 every two qeeks after tax. With o.t and a sunday shift you'd take home over 1k every 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Money is better in real life then on paper. Saturday allowance and sunday pay(double time on sundays and o.t is double time too) plenty of o.t available at the moment but with 12 extra staff that will dry up. Money during training is flat week no extras. After the 14 weeks it gets better.

Expect to take home after training 850-870 every two qeeks after tax. With o.t and a sunday shift you'd take home over 1k every 2 weeks

850 per fortnight is certainly more manageable than the numbers I was working with from the info document, thanks gopro

Advertisement