Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

NHolts10 wrote: »
    Hi David- Congratulations!
    Where do we go to find the panel? Is it online anywhere or only by post?

Only by post as far as I know, you should have a letter today / tomorrow

Well done alphaecho

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NHolts10

Called home and had them open my mail, also made the panel! Sigh of relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alicia2902

Hi, Ive just come across this board through searching for job vacancies in this field. It's an area I desperately want to work in, but have obviously missed the boat this time as you all seem to be at the interview stage. I was just hoping someone could tell me where you found the original job advertisement so I can keep an eye out for the future. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

alicia2902 wrote: »
    Hi, Ive just come across this board through searching for job vacancies in this field. It's an area I desperately want to work in, but have obviously missed the boat this time as you all seem to be at the interview stage. I was just hoping someone could tell me where you found the original job advertisement so I can keep an eye out for the future. Thanks in advance!

In my case...

http://publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/

Registering here is well worth your time in regards to anything public or civil service related.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭alphaecho92

I found it via hse.ie keep an eye there or as previous member posted public jobs.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

Are all you lads now on panel for ECT or is it PTS call taker

Emkla11 wrote: »
    Are all you lads now on panel for ECT or is it PTS call taker

ECT for all in this recruit drive

david-d wrote: »
    ECT for all in this recruit drive

Oh right it's just that ones who started most recently are going onto PTS

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jos1979

Hi All, Just came across this thread yesterday! Wish I had come across it sooner. I made the panel too, so delighted. I am very new to this process of application and panels. Well done to everyone. It is good to have this to ask questions and get advice on offers and all to come!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Fire Service Ready

Hi Guys I think Public jobs.ie is definitely a good resource to keep an eye on, and well done to you all who made the panel.

• Advertisement

Just received a request for an expression of interest

I'm a little unsure as to the conditions, am I reading it right ? Is it €20,868 per annum?

Also there's no mention of a pension, is this job pensionable?

Anyone know what shift /unsociable hours allowAnce is applicable?

david-d wrote: »
    Just received a request for an expression of interest

I'm a little unsure as to the conditions, am I reading it right ? Is it €20,868 per annum?

Also there's no mention of a pension, is this job pensionable?

Anyone know what shift /unsociable hours allowAnce is applicable?

Yea u are reading correct! It is pensionable, there is shift premium on top of that once u qualify, no unsociable allowances!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sunnyrays

The pay scale in the briefing document is different to the one we were originally given in the job specification. According to the job spec we should start on €21,358.

I think I remember reading before that the shift and weekend allowances is a sixth of your salary. I can't remember where I saw that so take it with a pinch of salt.

Any idea when they will let us know after we give and expression of intrest?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nedcoon

Does anyone know why the original briefing document stated a starting salary of 21,358 to the 20,868 being offered now? Is it a case that you earn 21,358 after you are fully trained?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

It has always been a starting salary of 20,868, must of been a mistake in the briefing doc

Is their opportunity a to climb the ladder &and earn more sooner or is it strictly incremental every 12months

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

The money is alot better in reality then how it looks on paper or so i believe.

The money is alot better in reality then how it looks on paper or so i believe.

I've heard on average shift allowance is about €80 per week, can anyone confirm or deny that? I've decided this time around it doesn't suit and I won't be expressing an interest for now, best of look to all tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

Any idea when they will let us know after we give and expression of intrest?

Normally a day or 2 after closing date for expressions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 blueeyedlass

Hey guys. Just signed up to this. Have bee trying to find ye all on this for the past few weeks 😊 Ye were hiding well. I got the letter re the x10 places in tallagh and am DEFINITLEY interested ☺ Anyone know where we do our training?? Is it tallagh of the NAS college in ballinasloe??? So anxious now to see if i got in 😨

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NHolts10

Hey guys. Just signed up to this. Have bee trying to find ye all on this for the past few weeks 😊 Ye were hiding well. I got the letter re the x10 places in tallagh and am DEFINITLEY interested ☺ Anyone know where we do our training?? Is it tallagh of the NAS college in ballinasloe??? So anxious now to see if i got in 😨

Training will be in Tallaght and consisted of 14 weeks.
    Week one to eight generally are 8 hours shifts from 0700 to 1500.
    From week nine you will commence live supervised call taking on shift which will be 0700 to 1900 or 1900 to 0700.

Ah great. Thanks a million for the reply...Another thing im wondering about is reference checks. My previous employer wasnt the nicest and they would hate to see anyone getting on. Im worried they will give me a bad reference even though i know i worked my ass off in there...Will this affect me progression???

Blueeyedlass - Refreece should not affect you they will check but by rights employer can't give you a bad ref they just can't give you a glowing one either . Applied for the 10 jobs In tallaght myself hopefully we will hear soon. Fingers crossed and best of luck to anyone for this time around

Thats not so bad so...I dont know why i didnt join this forum ages ago!! I got word today via email and text message so hopefully you hear soon too. Things seem to be moving along pretty quickly which is great!

Did you get In? Fair play. Don't think my order of merit was high enough this time anyway

Ha,thank you. Well im not going to say im in until im sitting in a chair taking calls 😊. I was very surprised though,i didnt think my order of merit was high enough either. When i heard 10 positions i didnt think i had a chance...

Any idea when they will take on another batch? Probably when there finished training the first group?

Anyone any info ref this

Not sure when the next batch will be taken in. I suppose when this batch is trained. Were ment to be starting monday week,17th. Im still getting reference checks and paperwork together. Have to hand it to the HSE though,they are like clockwork with the whole process. No messing around or delay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

this would be one of my dream jobs......but the money :-(

Advertisement