Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭alphaecho92

Good stuff, so just know your application form inside out and we should be ok?

I'm in the Tuesday David.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭tanolo1

Yep...just know the application inside out ... And have some extra examples as well for each section . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

Counting down the days to starting now!

Looking forward to it.

searescue wrote: »
    Counting down the days to starting now!

Looking forward to it.

When do u start?

• Advertisement

tanolo1 wrote: »
    When do u start?

Rather not say over this but quite soon.

tanolo1 wrote: »
    When do u start?

Are you taking Tallaght? See you said you applied for Ballyshannon. Any word on Ballyshannon taking on soon?

Any idea with Tallaght now open if there is still a need to go to Galway for a few weeks at the start?

Will be interesting to see what the training will be now, ie Tallaght or Galway.

For those of you that got the job, how quickly after did you get contacted to say if you succeeded or not?

Thanks.
    AlphaEcho

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Training is in Tallaght so dont worry

Will be interesting to see what the training will be now, ie Tallaght or Galway.

For those of you that got the job, how quickly after did you get contacted to say if you succeeded or not?

Thanks.
    AlphaEcho

After the interview I was contacted with my panel number the following week, job offer the week after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

searescue wrote: »
    After the interview I was contacted with my panel number the following week, job offer the week after that.

pretty quick, some do be left on panels for 1 year ++

That's very long. Hopefully won't be too long if we pass interview. Nervous now about interview hopefully goes well

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭david-d

Best of luck ae92 interview was very relaxed and board done their best to put me at ease, that said I personally don't have a great record at interviews so I won't hold my breath

If you know your application form and have a spare example for each heading "just in case" other than that put your head down and give it your best shot

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

For anyone who has already done their interview, did you bring a Garda vetting form to the interview and if so where did you download it from?

Congrats to those who have been offered jobs by the way, fair play and the very best of luck in your new roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Royal82 wrote: »
    For anyone who has already done their interview, did you bring a Garda vetting form to the interview and if so where did you download it from?

Congrats to those who have been offered jobs by the way, fair play and the very best of luck in your new roles.

No. You don't need it for the second round of interviews. It will come into play only after an offer us made. It was needed for the first batch of interviews, not the second.
    The only thing you need to bring is yourself and a form of ID (passport / driving license etc.). A copy of your application form is handy too to refresh your memory as the interview is based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Royal82

No. You don't need it for the second round of interviews. It will come into play only after an offer us made. It was needed for the first batch of interviews, not the second.
    The only thing you need to bring is yourself and a form of ID (passport / driving license etc.). A copy of your application form is handy too to refresh your memory as the interview is based on that.

Fair play thanks a million. I thought as much but was going to print one off anyway. Thanks a million for the advise. It is much appreciated.

Had interview today seemed to go okay but I won't hold my breath. Is there a second interview now or what happens next?

Had interview today seemed to go okay but I won't hold my breath. Is there a second interview now or what happens next?

No there is only one interview . .. U get marked on your interview and that places you on the panel . . .

Cool. Thanks for that tanolo.
    Hopefully won't have to wait too long.

Results posted today.

• Advertisement

Good luck everyone!

The didn't ring my referees so I'm not too confident, best of luck all

david-d wrote: »
    The didn't ring my referees so I'm not too confident, best of luck all

Made the panel delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 7 NHolts10

Made the panel delighted

Hi David,
    Where do we go to find the panel?

Well done David. Working all day so can't see if I got post or not wait is killing me!

Made the panel delighted

Hi David- Congratulations!
    Where do we go to find the panel? Is it online anywhere or only by post?

@Nhotls think it's only by post.

@Nhotls think it's only by post.

Guess ill have to wait then. Thanks Alphaecho!

Made the panel also. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

Congrats all, Look forward to seeing you all when you start!

Advertisement