Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Call Taker & Emergency Medical Dispatcher

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Howdy101 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows how many are on the panel?
    Pretty sure it's 50. But I could be wrong. Congrats to the ones that heard good news this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Howdy101

Thanks Einstein. Do you happen to know how many positions they're looking to fill on Wednesday?

Afraid not, panel is only "live" from weds, bear in mind it could be sometime before they offer expressions of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

I'd wait ten years(well maybe not that long) I'm just delighted with myself to actually make it onto a panel finally(and place pretty well also).
    Hopefully experssions of interest will be sent by summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nope :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 npc93

well done to everyone that made the panel. I did not unfortunately.

keep the chin up those of you who didnt make the panel. This was my third time attempting to get in the hse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 npc93

thanks it was my first time. Do these positions come up often or has it been different positions that you have applied for ?

npc93 wrote: »
    thanks it was my first time. Do these positions come up often or has it been different positions that you have applied for ?

I don't think they come up too often but there has been recruitment for call takers twice over the last year and a half or so I believe.
    Can anyone tell me up to what number on the panel usually gets jobs..? I want to be happy and jumping up and down about being on the panel but I'm still too unsure if I will even get offered a position after all this!!

i applied for the paramedic once, call taker once and then this dispatcher position. each time i got a step further and learned from my mistakes after each campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DigginAMole

Taken from this report http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Publications/corporate/serviceplan2014/nationalserviceplan2014.pdf (pg. 34)

Put in place a National Control Centre over two sites.
    - Implement the National Ambulance Service Control Centre Reconfiguration Project reducing from nine sites
    to a single centre over two sites, with associated staff and ICT integrated enabling solutions (Action 33 of
    Future Health – A Strategic Framework for Reform of the Health Service 2012-2015). (€3.6m and 43
    WTEs)

just wondering did we have to confirm or formally accept our panel placement or is that only when expressions of interest come out?

just wondering did we have to confirm or formally accept our panel placement or is that only when expressions of interest come out?

Nothing on letter to say we need to confirm. Think this is it now until expression of interest.
    Does anyone know how many out of the panel are usually accommodated?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doggystyle

hi people!
    just wondering if anyone has had any correspondence since, as the panel goes live today?

i havent heard anything yet and i'd assume i'd be one of the first to be offered a spot.

Everybody, regardless of panel position, receives the expression of interest when they are offered. Depending on who responds, who accepts the position and where the post is based, will determine who will be successful at each round of offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Lindyluu

Just wondering if anyone knows the story with the whole license thing c1 a yr from panel going live?? D1 a yr after employment??

both are a really long process to get, and can be quite pricey, if you dont have either id suggest you get cracking on it right now.

just out of curiosity, how many do they usually take in per class??

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

just out of curiosity, how many do they usually take in per class??

Average of eight trainees per class. With a class currently running the next class is 'provisionally' pencilled in for April, or later.

• Advertisement

hopefully that will mean expressions out n march to give time for medicals etc

hopefully with the paramedic class that's starting in a short while manorhamilton can turn their focus to us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DigginAMole

So, everyone get their expression of interest email today?

i did indeed, didnt think we would hear so fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

Am I correct that there is just one position for Dublin/North Leinster? And 4 for Ballyshannon
    Can you express interest for Ballyshannon if you have only selected Dublin in application stage

Emkla11 wrote: »
    Am I correct that there is just one position for Dublin/North Leinster? And 4 for Ballyshannon
    Can you express interest for Ballyshannon if you have only selected Dublin in application stage
    thats how i read it, x4 for the west and x1 for dublin north leinster, was hoping more then one went out for dublin. I think you can only apply for the area listed on your letter(which had your panel number on it)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Emkla11

cheers, was hoping for more than one myself, but sure I'll express interest all the same & cross the fingers lol...maybe next intake??
    Anyone know if there will be more in the coming weeks or months?

Is there a 50 place panel for each of the centres? Cheers

Is there 2 panels for the 2 centres or is it just 1 for both?
    I had assumed it was 2 until today. We must be able to go for both centres, otherwise I doubt they would have sent the e-mails to everyone? Which clearly say respond if your interested in the position. Which is making me wonder is it just the 1 panel now?

• Advertisement

Yeah that's what has me confused now. I do recall the letter confirming panel placement said on the ballyshannon panel though, but again that would make them particularly large panels. I hope the expect to exhaust them!

Advertisement