Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Are you on meds for your thyroid paperclip?

That pic is freaky. I don't want to think about how these twins have stretched my insides...Pilates will be my new friend I guess.

Hope the rest helps today Murdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Double B you poor thing you must have got a fright, I hope you get discharged soon.
    Speaking of feet spray i might get some, i feet are sooooooooooooooo itchy, especially at night, I have to stick them out of the blankets or put them on a cold floor. Its really odd.

Murdy i think i had pains like that, i thought it was the baby trying to turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Not yet- they're not sure if I will need to take any, they took more blood so we'll see next week if it's bad enough to warrant meds. Ironically enough I had thyroid tests taken a few years ago- for hypothyroid! The complete opposite problem!

Does anyone have stretchmarks? I found a few just on either side of my bellybutton, it looks like a cat has clawed my stomach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

sunshiner wrote: »
    \

Murdy i think i had pains like that, i thought it was the baby trying to turn.

Oh I hope not or it'll be the baby turning breech as he's already head down! Don't want that :)
    Not yet- they're not sure if I will need to take any, they took more blood so we'll see next week if it's bad enough to warrant meds. Ironically enough I had thyroid tests taken a few years ago- for hypothyroid! The complete opposite problem!

Does anyone have stretchmarks? I found a few just on either side of my bellybutton, it looks like a cat has clawed my stomach!

No stretchmarks yet but I keep checking. Would love to get away with not getting any but with over 6 weeks to go I doubt that'll happen.

Hope you won't have to take meds - that'd suck!

Can they even turn breech again at this stage?

6 weeks isn't that long really and baby doesn't actually increase THAT much in size between now and the birth, or so I'm told. Can someone else confirm/deny?

Doubt I'll have to take meds-I feel fine otherwise...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi again!!! Thanks so much for well wishes. Yes I got an awful fright. Good thing is I had a big VERY detailed scan done a little while ago and baby looks so gorgeous even if I do day so myself!!! And get presto- has moved to head down position.... Yippy!! They were happy that everything is perfect thankfully but I'm waiting on doctor to discharge me- damn protocol !! The lady scanning babs showed me the lungs working and practising breathing. It was amazing.
    All I'm hearing is everyone complaining about the heat here. It's unnatural!!! Feet were on fire but hubby got me this great spray called magicool- Paperclipu may have come across it in work? It's a 'body cooler' feels like heaven. Also got an evian water spray which ill save for labour. Where I am is quiet ( people-wise not noise-wise!) so I was absolutely delighted to b given my own room and I'm not even private.

My baby is still in breech, i can feel the head up by the ribs :P I have stretch marks under the belly button lots of purple/ red lines :(
    Since i changed to palmers body butter im tummys not as itchy. I might try that spray double b.

sunshiner wrote: »
    My baby is still in breech, i can feel the head up by the ribs :P I have stretch marks under the belly button lots of purple/ red lines :(
    Since i changed to palmers body butter im tummys not as itchy. I might try that spray double b.

Naughty baby! Do they reckon the baby will turn before your due date? Glad to hear yours has turned around DoubleB and I hope you get discharged soon. I like the idea of the spray, when we viewed the delivery rooms they were absolutely roasting!

i dunno murdy, they said baby still has time. Its a very cheeky baby. I guess i will find out next week when i have hospital appointment.

I think baby can turn at any time before labour...but I'm open to correction. Saying that mine have been head down for weeks.

No stretch marks here. Really surprised actually. Who knew your skin could stretch so much!!!

Hope u get home soon DoubleB.

Ya hopefully you don't need meds paper. My thyroid went mental at 12 weeks and a junior doc put me on meds but my consultant took me off them as apparently it's normal for that to happen on a twin pregnancy and then go back to normal, which it did.

• Advertisement

Sinshiner I was absolutely convinced mine was stil breech and we thought her head was under my ribs as we felt round thing for past week there. Turns out it was the bum! Not sure when it turned as last scan showed breech about 2 weeks ago so ya never kno x

Wow, Blue-I'm jealous! Did your mother get stretchmarks? They say it's hereditary so there's not a great deal you can do if you do get them. I've been slathering my bump in biooil for ages so....maybe that's just the way the cookie crumbles?

I've been reading the birth stories thread. Some scary stuff there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Double B, you must have got an awful fright. I hope you're feeling better..

Baby head down last week but I'm not quite sure what's going on the last day or so. I have the burning ribs again and I can actually feel the baby protruding out just under my ribs (it looks like the bump is top heavy while the bottom bit is empty, lol!)

Its lashing out now, its a nice day to be off work and at home, although I've spent the morning tidying up drawers. Want to look at a nice film now on Netflix if I can actually make a decision, and continue knitting my baby hat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

On the stretchmarks, I have none at all on my tummy but I have a few on my back, which is a bit weird. I thought I was a dead cert to get them as I had some from when I was a teen, however I was reading somewhere that younger skin is more likely to get them (which is a nice benefit!). I wouldn't be counting my chickens yet though as they might happen afterwards when the belly deflates...

I asked my mum did she have them because I had also heard they were hereditary and you're more likely to get them if you're mum did. She said she did have them but I have no recollection of ever seeing any evidence of them on her so they must have faded a lot. Hopefully that means I'll be the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I was very unwell last night and this morning bad shivers headache and sick! Ent bed for morning and alot better! Feet and legs so sore and swollen though! Ha doc appointment at 4 30! Still gettin lots braxton hicks and pressure below! Baby is very strong!

Double b hope u ok after fall god that must been upsetting for u! Glad u and baby ok! Can u not walk now?

Lynda did you get the whooping cough vaccine? i did read theres lots of side affects. Hopefully you feel better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Murdy, thanks for the recieps, showed it to my daughter and guess what we are doing at the weekend??

There are so many aches and pains going around now I hope you all feel better soon. Its crazy how noisy and bright the hospital is, eye masks and ear plugs are a must, can't believe you were put in with newborn babies though, in Cork the expectant mothers and the new mothers are kept separate. If you are brought in early you will be moved elsewhere after the baby is born.

I'm destroyed in stretch marks from the 1st one and no new ones yet. What amazed me was the big one up the front that goes into the pubic area (I know it has a name but can't remember it now) and my butt also was hit. There is a stretch on the skin - physio yesterday was sore on the hips when she went to realign me and its the skin feeling thinner, plenty oil is all we can do!

Oh, hope you feel better Lynda, not nice to be sick. That was me over the weekend and I was feeling sorry for myself :)

Hope the muffins work out aknitter! I just had one of the white choc ones with a glass of milk and it was yum!

I think the mothers are kept in with the babies in Limerick also- it'd be kind of weird to have them in separate rooms, particularly if the mother is breastfeeding...?

• Advertisement

Hope you feel better soon Lynda. Its miserable being unwell on top of being pregnant. My feet got really swollen just in the last week. Doc says I look 'puffier'. Charming :)!!!

No my mum didn't get stretch marks either paperclip. I don't think all the bio oil in the world can stop them if you're going to get them. I'm delighted I don't have any but am worried how my poor belly will be after. Probably a bit vain but it would be nice to get my figure back. I can imagine its going to be all floppy...

I saw a few mums with babies in their rooms in Limerick last week. I think being nearby helps bring your milk in if breast feeding.

Jeepers I don't think I will be letting this babs out of my sight even for two minutes. Already have hubby prepped that he will have to mind babs while I shower.

Lynda I hope you feel better soon.

Regarding showering- I'm getting the loan of a motorized baby swing that baba can swing in happily while I'm doing my thing! It'll be in the bathroom near me so I can keep an eye on it while lathering up. Also useful for other essential functions!

Great idea Paperclip I'm getting a little bouncer just a cheapie one and will have babs in room with me with door open. I meant in the hospital hubby will have to be there while I shower!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

No sorry, what I am surprised at is how the pregnant mothers are kept on the same ward with the new mothers and babies. Rooming in of mothers and babies is the norm but surely if you have a pregnant woman who needs rest, being next to newborns is not going to help you rest up.

aknitter wrote: »
    No sorry, what I am surprised at is how the pregnant mothers are kept on the same ward with the new mothers and babies. Rooming in of mothers and babies is the norm but surely if you have a pregnant woman who needs rest, being next to newborns is not going to help you rest up.

Yeah, I was thinking that from the posts earlier too. Holles st have separate prenatal wards (they showed us when we did the tour) but maybe in practice that doesn't happen if the hospital is busy. Who knows?

Midwife also told us if you have a c section you got to recovery for 1.5 hours without baby. The baby goes off with your partner because some women in post OP recovery are there for fertility issues or are getting hysterectomy's so it wouldn't be fair on them to have a baby in there (which I can totally understand!)

Good idea on swung in the bathroom while showering, I was wondering how you managed to shower when you're home all day by yourself with baby

When I was in hospital last week there was a mixture on the ward, mothers and newborns and mothers who were at various stages of pregnancy. That's where the earplugs come in handy!! And I was in my own room but could still hear babies crying all night.

Thanks for all messages went doctor and I hav a bad uti so on anti biotics! Least i was not imaging pain and had it ! How are all u?

I'm feeling a bit better today so goin try do a good few house jobs and hav list of what can't manage for OH on Sunday! All things u want sorted and right is mad! I do be thinkin my mam or mil could end up here sorting things when I'm in hospital and just want things sorted and tidy ;)

Put up drawers in nursery and set up all changing stuff really all starting to look so real now!1 month today from my due date!

Im glad your feeling better lynda uti ares so painful :(
    Yesterday we pulled apart our bedroom, the ammount of dust was unreal but at least its all done big job did all the skirting and wardrobes.
    We bought a cotbed on adverts and himself put it together only to find that some of the bolts are too small so we have to see if we can buy them which sucks.

Today ill do the spare room,i reckon if i do bit by bit now.Thank goodness for mr sunshiner.

• Advertisement

Yes it's all go isn't it! I hav lists jobs for each day for oh of he only knew ;) I tell him bit by bit and roped dad into painting my bAnisters next week! Hav our room garden and nursery and garrage more less done so going start spare room today!

Yes it's sore but I'm more relaxed since I no y I'm sore and not thinkin early
    Labour etc!

Advertisement