Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

lynda18 wrote: »
    U ok sunshiner? Y keeping u in?
    Wow that's a great weigt isn't it and a little girl is so cute!
    We seem be a month of mostly boys! Would love no what having!
    How you feeling?

Delighted for blue sky

Huge q in rotunda sometimes wish I went private!

Yes, lots of boys! My husband's cousin who is due in October just found out he and his wife are having a boy. My husband is thrilled because there will be exactly the same age difference between our two boys as there is between him and his cousin. He thinks it's a great carrying on of tradition!

Sucks you had to wait so long - I've been so lucky with Holles st so far anyway.

The Rotunda are definitely a part of that study I mentioned in the FB group. You can get a scan at 39 weeks if you volunteer to be a part of it. It's called the Genesis study and it's looking at baby's head size and if it has anything to do with unplanned c sections. I'm going to sign up - maybe you could too and find out what you're having! Although by 39 weeks you've gone for so long without knowing it might be nice to keep it a surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Got checked and big q to put file back!normally not as bad here as today!
    All ok and hav weekly appointment from now! Head right way down but still not engaged

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

They want to monitor me. Put me on medication. Guessing coz of heart condition. Though my bile is only slightly above average at 10.6 Normal is 10. But it can get worse as the weeks go on. I read online that they induce you at 38 weeks for cholestitis. I'm still waiting at this rate ill miss dinner.

So exciting about blueskye. How's everyone else doing

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Congrats to blueskye and welcome Alex and Joshua, so identical they even weighed in identically!!

Sunshiner - that sucks having to stay in, how far along are you? If you need anything dropped over, I am not far away at all, just give me a shout. The first girl on the thread, love the name Daisy its so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Did I miss a post??? Did the twins arrive??? So excited

• Advertisement

Awh baby Daisy- how cute. Massive congrats!! Hope you are ok in hospital. My babs is around the same weight. I'm due 13th wen is ur due date?

Thanks aknitter I'm hoping it's only one night.

Double b I'm due on the 17th june.

I was ok until I got stuck next to a lady who was nearly roaring into her phone for 3 hours in arabic. Small room no need to. The other lady seems nice. Wow its hot in here. Got some salad for diner with one slice of beef. Snacks and extra food are a must.

DoubleB wrote: »
    Did I miss a post??? Did the twins arrive??? So excited

Twins arrived safe and sound :)

Sunshiner that sucks so much. I hope you got your dinner! May I ask with the Cholestasis, were you itchy at all (I know that's a symptom). I'm seriously itchy tonight but doc said it was just me skin stretching. Do you reckon you might get induced a bit early than? That's mad, you could have baby in a few weeks!

Aknitter - did you go to see Star Trek in the end? We went tonight and out for dinner beforehand which was nice. Baby moved the entire way through the film so think I have a trekkie growing in here :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Twins arrived safe and sound :)

Sunshiner that sucks so much. I hope you got your dinner! May I ask with the Cholestasis, were you itchy at all (I know that's a symptom). I'm seriously itchy tonight but doc said it was just me skin stretching. Do you reckon you might get induced a bit early than? That's mad, you could have baby in a few weeks!

Yup my legs were very itchy at night. Feet too. I just mentioned it at clinic didn't think much on it as owt. Tbh I thought I was eating too much bread and i had yeast in my body.

Big congrats to blueskye xxx

• Advertisement

sunshiner wrote: »
    Yup my legs were very itchy at night. Feet too. I just mentioned it at clinic didn't think much on it as owt. Tbh I thought I was eating too much bread and i had yeast in my body.

Big congrats to blueskye xxx

Hmm, it's mainly my bump that is itchy which apparently is the skin stretching to accomodate the baby but tonight my arms and calves are at me too. I'll keep an eye on it.

I bet having itchy feet is really annoying! Hard to scratch them with a big bump in the way :)

Hey DoubleB - I got a book from the library today I was thinking you'd be interested in. It's called the Art of Breastfeeding and it's by the La Leche League, it's a super thick book but really comprehensive. I'm getting lots of info from it (I felt very earth mother checking it out though :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Sunshiner, how was hospital, hope they are taking good care.. Will you get out soon, do you think? And congrats you're having a girl! Daisy is a lovely name.

Murdy hope your itching stops soon - as you say it would definitely be a struggle having to scratch the feet regularly!

Hardly any sleep last night between hip/back, general insomnia and burny burny ribs. I think baby is wedged up there!! Had a lovely day yesterday though, I had been feeling a bit overwhelmed but I just spent the day in my bedroom with the window open, doing my knitting and embellishments on the baby blanket while watching Curb Your Enthusiasm. Sometimes a bit of quiet time to yourself really does help.

Hope you are all feeling good today

I'm still here. I'm waiting on a scan of my liver at the min. They're keeping me a other night. I'm really missing my pregnancy pillow :-( there was some mention of inducing b4 38weeks. But will have to see. I'm on medication for bile and vitamin k.

Itching sucks. Pirton and zirtek is ok to Take

Fingers crossed everything comes up ok for you and you don't have to wait too long. At least there is something you can take for it.

Hubby is in having his surgery today, he should be going under anaesthetic now. It's only minor surgery but I'm nervous for him. Will be glad when it's over. I had to bring him into the hospital early this morning so am tired now. Managed to fall asleep again and then got woken up by the window cleaners asking me to move my car. Grr!

Sunshiner, hope its better for you today, did you manage to sleep last night? I hope the screaming in Arabic has stopped!

Kitty, that sounds like pure heaven - sitting watching the telly knitting! Had a bad night myself with hip and back pain, hubby had to decamp to the couch last night! 2 year old is scratching his face mad, had to go to the chemist and stock up on phenegran, oilatum and steroid cream - planning a campaign tonight of getting the skin under control! Can't see the back getting any rest today!

Murdy- hope hubby is ok.

Murdy hope all ok wit hubby and hope rest u trying rest the pelvic pain

I had ante natal class today and was very good but over whelming bout babies getting sick or mothers and sids etc came out bit anxious and was wrecked and sore! Walked out infront car by looking wrong way! Car missed me and bump by a small amount and got fright of us life! Beeped me off road! Qas so upset after thinking if me and bump got hit! Baby brain is dangerous!

Bluesky hope ur settling well can imagine how busy u Are! Such great relief to hav them in your arms! I can imagine section is tough but least 3 u doing well!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Murdy hope all ok wit hubby and hope rest u trying rest the pelvic pain

I had ante natal class today and was very good but over whelming bout babies getting sick or mothers and sids etc came out bit anxious and was wrecked and sore! Walked out infront car by looking wrong way! Car missed me and bump by a small amount and got fright of us life! Beeped me off road! Qas so upset after thinking if me and bump got hit! Baby brain is dangerous!

Bluesky hope ur settling well can imagine how busy u Are! Such great relief to hav them in your arms! I can imagine section is tough but least 3 u doing well!

Oh dear u must have got a fright. Have something sugary it may help.

All is ok here. I'm really sick of it here. I have to wait for the doctor til the morning. The nurse told me I have gallstones ha can u believe it. A simple itch resulting in this. Dunno what next. The shouting down the phone is a regular thing. Much to the dismay of my fellow room mates.

One thing to add to everyone's list is headphones so u can escape the drudgery.

Murdy hope ur hubby is ok and recovering well.

Aww, Sunshiner that sucks. Gallstones? Crazy! Bet you're just dying to get home now.

Hubby had some complications with his surgery so we're still in the hospital and now he 's being kept overnight (it was supposed to be a day procedure). I'm a bit worried but we're being well looked after and he has a private room so I can hang out for a while. It has been a long day though. Hopefully he can come home in the morning. It 's weird seeing him being the patient instead of me!

Poor Mr Murdy hope he will feel better soon and get home.. Mind yourself x

• Advertisement

Oh poor Mr Murdy, hope he'll be home tomorrow.

Sunshiner - headphones are a good idea, lets see if I can fit them in the stuffed bag! Gallstones - life does go on regardless! It can seem like all your body is doing is growing a baby, yet not so. Hope its not too painful.

Lynda - glad you are both ok, sometimes those classes can wind you up rather than relax you, I suppose they just have so much information that they want to give to you and it is over whelming. Try not to think of it and the after hours GP service is always there if you are worried at at 3am, or if you have VHI the nurse line service is good too.

Yeah, Lynda - those classes can be scary. There is so much that can go wrong but it really is so rare. Glad you didn't get mown down anyway! :D

I'm just home from hospital, I hated leaving my husband but I couldn't keep my eyes open and was aching all over. I would have stayed if I was less pregnant. It's weird being at home by myself but the cat is looking after me. I was just talking to my mum who said to call her at any hour with any twinges but at 34 + 2 it really is too early for that. Nice to know someone is there though in case something does happen. It was really horrible seeing my husband distressed and in pain, I got a little insight today into how hard the birth of the baby will also be on him. I had only been thinking of the pain etc for me. He had a bit of a scary turn after the general anaesthetic which was happening as I arrived and it was scary being so helpless - now I know why he worries so much!

Murdy hope hubby ok today! Hospitals never go smooth!
    Yes it will be scary for the men too when labour but I have warned mine so much he has keep it together and stay on the ball. Hearers stories of mistakes hospitals make for been under staffed etc and hav make sure and fight for help we need!

Think my oh is geting stressed wit it all! Baby was a suprise and we both adjusted to it straight away and been busy getting house ready and always broke but now we ready and bout get back on track I think he has lost patience and just wants old life back! Hopefully baby will change him again! Well I no it will just at hard waiting stage now! I was so fussy we prob nearly too organised !

I miss a night sleep so bad! 3 toilets wake up a night and is everyone else so sore and restless by night? Like cramps sore bump back etc? I'm ok on day and then at night like I wilt to a state!

Morning Everyone,

Murdy - thanks for the name of that book. Will deffo check it out. One of my missions while off is to join the library!! I hope your hubby is feeling much better today and ready to come home to you, bumpy and your cat!

Lynda- I'm exactly the same. So sore everywhere at night and way more uncomfortable. I also had 3 toilet visits last night!! I find a bath before bad can help a little?

I went for physio on my back yesterday. Hips, pelvis, upper back and neck all in bits!!!

How are the newest additions to our thread doing. Did anybody hear? Wonder will we b lucky enough to get a pic. If I saw a pic of those lil boys it'd really hit home about size/ how perfect our babies are already.

Hope the physio will help you Double B.. There was a gorgeous pic of the twins on the Facebook group (if you'd like to join just PM me the details) Blueskye and babies both doing good according to reports! Its amazing to think Blueskye carrying around over 12lbs of cute baby :)

Murdy, hope Mr Murdy is better today and can get out of the hospital?

Lynda - it is a bit stressful thinking about it isn't it! I feel I'm the more irritable/stressy one though and poor husband has to put up with it! My bump isn't too bad at night (apart from when she's in ribs and they are burning) but have the usual PGP pain and definitely one, maybe two toilet trips. Then there's the panicky nights where you feel twinges in the bump and start worrying!!

I've always had weak bladder must 5times a night lol sorry this.

I'm still here for a few more days. Gallstones are small so they're not blocking up anything so that's good no operation needed.

They're keeping in to sort out the Cholestasis with medication. Doctor confirmed ill be induced at week 37 or 38.

Hope Mr Murdy is recovering well
    And ur not too stressed.

Double b that sounds uncomfortable I love baths. They really help for relaxing.

Wow, lots of people getting induced/having babies soon. Exciting! Sucks being kept in hosp though Sunshiner, much nicer being at home. Hope you're comfortable anyway.

Mr Murdy is home but very uncomfortable and now needs to take more time off work than he intended for recovery due to complications. He feels bad because baby is due in just over 5 weeks and he 's taking 3 weeks off then too. Still he needs to recover, health is most important thing! I'm in nurse mode but not sure how useful I'm being. It 's been a stressful 2 days.

I 'm sleeping terribly too so knackered all the time and low iron doesn't help. I also get so uncomfortable at night (but ok during the day) and baby woke me up at 6.30 this morning squirming like mad. I second the bath suggestion DoubleB, I have one as late as possible before getting into bed.

Is anyone else snoring ? I'm
    Totally blocked up and breathing is bad but so bad at
    Night we ending up different rooms by end night! Feel like a pig wit it and so embarassed! Gym and diet count down is on i be straight back after 6 week check up! We hoping get married in next two years so i hav a great motivation

Ive had the blocked/bloody nose thing so I'm sure I snore too. I use the vicks inhaler and was also told by obstetrician that Otrivine nasal spray is all right to use, or that saline spray stuff.. It's horrible.

Definitely can't wait to get back into fitness, I have had so little exercise since Christmas a long walk will probably kill me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Back in hospital today with severe muscle spasm. Baby is still breech at 35 weeks and at 7lbs they're not confident of her turning. I really hope she does. They told me at 37 weeks if she's still breech I can elect for section. Never thought I'd be having first section on 3rd baby - the path is well cleared for her :-)

Anyone else still breech?

Advertisement