Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Best of luck in exams. God fair play painting sun Shiner i don't think I be as for that! 36 weeks tomorrow ekkkkkkkk ;)
    Bump has dropped alot!
    Turning into a big waiting game now.
    Going finish up work on wed as jus not able anymore!
    Hope everyone else feeling ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Great that you're finishing work, the time off will do you the world of good!

I've started vomiting badly again, it came out of nowhere. Was very ill last night and still feeling it this morning. Going to try eat something light now and see if it helps.

I've heard ms can come back in the last few weeks of pregnancy and now I'm really worried. I just can't face being that sick again :(

Oh no murdy hope it passes that's very tough going!
    Hopefully doesn' last too long

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Oh Murdy you poor thing. Really thought you have had your fair share of morning sickness. Really hope it passes.

Lynda finishing up was the best decision I made. My job was becoming impossible just wasn't 'doable' anymore. You won't lnow yourself. Let the nesting begin!! I cleaned out all my presses last night and made a special baby press for bottles and formula etc. So exciting!!

Thanks ladies, breakfast has stayed down which is the main thing. Still nauseous and have that ms taste in my mouth. Just staying in bed today anyway. Hopefully it's not here to stay :(

Love the nesting DoubleB, I've been like that the last few days. Even today feeling sick I'm itching to hang the washing out and clean the kitchen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Murdy - poor thing, hope you feel better soon.
    Lynda - good luck with the time off, you won't regret it a bit.

Having a quiet day here, its nice to be able to just switch off and rest a bit. (as much as you can with a year old).

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Just back from hospital visit, Was there at 10 didnt get out til 3.45. Good news is babys head is down.

Sunshiner - that's a joke, is it the CUMH you are going to?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Checked into hospital. Back in same ward as last week which is cool as the staff were really lovely. All good to go.

Allowed out for a few hours so going to go for a nice bite to eat :) can't believe babies will be here tomo :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Goodluck Bluesky
    It must be such a lovely feeling to know you will see your gorgeous babas tomorrow!
    I can't wait to see how you get on x

• Advertisement

So exciting Blueskye, best of luck! Looking forward to hearing about it all. :) can't believe we're going to have our first thread babies !

Best luck bluesky hope all goes ahead this time for you.

Sunshiner that's awful wit hospital but glad baby facing right way.
    Hav any u had your cervix checked yet? I'm still getting strong cramps!

aknitter wrote: »
    Sunshiner - that's a joke, is it the CUMH you are going to?
    Yup there was some mixup or something with numbers today for one of the consultants. i then had to wait a further hour and half to see the antithesis.
    Though i could understand the wait for him as he in between c sections.

Just got a phonecall from the hospital to go back in the morning one of my blood tests shows i have elevated bile. I was telling them i was itchy on my legs and feet. So they did a liver function test. The lady who rang kind of alarmed me as she asked was the baby moving ok, 3 separate times in the phonecall. And then told me to go the emergency room if i have any problems. So i have to go to fetal assessment tomorrow at 9am. Good old google is telling me its cholestasis. I guess ill know more tomorrow :P

Blueskye - best of luck for tomorrow, are you getting the epi for the arrivals?

Sunshiner - I hate the way they do the numbers in CUMH, hope the other tests are ok. The liver function tests are not done in Ireland and are sent to England for checking.

I have a sneaking suspicion that baby is breech, heres hoping it doesn't get stuck!

That's a crazy wait Sunshiner - can't believe you were there that long! I've been really lucky with waiting times (so far - touch wood). Would be annoyed after a wait that long! Hope your liver results are fine, Cholestasis sounds horrible.

Ate a proper dinner tonight and it hasn't come up so hopefully it was just a bad night/day. Still naueseated but nothing like I was last night. Fingers crossed! Have GP appointment tomorrow anyway so will mention it to him. I reckon I'll be told I'm just unlucky and it's one of those things! From googling it (why do I do this to myself?) it looks like sometimes it can come back around 34 weeks and last the rest of the pregnancy. Please don't let that be me - I've been feeling so well!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Best luck bluesky hope all goes ahead this time for you.

Sunshiner that's awful wit hospital but glad baby facing right way.
    Hav any u had your cervix checked yet? I'm still getting strong cramps!

Cramps, you say?! :eek: Are they still going on, maybe it's pre-labour? It can happen for a few days, can't it? No cervix check here, I'm too early. I was presuming they wouldn't do it until about 39 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I've had some vomiting at night Murdy, not as bad as yours but it definitely came back for third trimester. Just at night luckily. Still horrible though. Hope it doesn't affect you too much.

Hope you get sorted Sunshiner. I know a few women who had cholestasis. Very unpleasant. But mum and baby were fine.

I'm having a section aknitter. Didn't fancy being induced, babies have to be out at 37 weeks if identical and with one placenta there can be all sorts of issues so I decided to go with section.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Bluesky - I am so excited for you and wishing you and your little babies the very best. Cannot wait to hear all about them. Please please update us when you get a chance!!! Will be thinking of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Blueskye - very best of luck today! We are all thinking of you and your new little family...

Sunshiner - hope you get sorted out soon and don't have that cholestasis thing...

Blue sky say ur a big mix of nerves and excitement ! Can't wait hear how get on and thinking of u and the twins today!
    Hope all goes great

Sunshiner let no how appointment goes hope all ok and nothing serious

I'm in midwife this Afternoon now! Starting to get anxious wit visits and and out whole thing! Keep thinking its far away but anything could happen to make any us go any day!

• Advertisement

I know what you mean Lynda, I've been fierce irritable the last couple of weeks, just with the sort of worry about the last few weeks. It feels like we've got so far that you just now want everything to go smoothly and without any big surprises. I am over analysing every twinge or movement right now.

How is everyone else is feeling about the big changes that are about to happen in our lives? I'm dying to meet baby and have her with us but I'm also apprehensive about the fuss that's no doubt going to happen with visitors and family etc all coming in on top of us. I know it's lovely that everyone wants to be involved, but I think in my hormonal state I just need a bit of solitude and to go into myself or something. I was the same about getting married, I like things low key and stress free!

I'm more nervous about how I'll cope with the demands of the baby, tbh. I've been resting so much recently that I can't imagine how I'll cope with being so tired etc! I am getting anxious though, especially about the labour. It's not just some vague thing I'll have to do one day, it's happening in a few weeks! I don't have a big family and my husband's family are not in Ireland so I think it won't be too bad with people getting on top of us. Although, the in-laws are visiting in batches from the end of July which will be full on! I think you just need to do what is comfortable for you - if you don't want fuss made just say you are not ready for visitors etc.

Thanks for the reassurance on the puking Blueskye, I'm feeling so much better today. No more vomiting and feel much more normal today. Best of luck with today - we're all thinking of you!

I feel having a tough pregnancy sleep/pain wise was actually good training for me - I was a real wimp before when it came to missing out on sleep, if I woke up for an hour during the night I'd be like a crab the next day. Now, if I wake only the once I think it's great! I think it's also different if you will have help after the baby, you had to be tired on your own during pregnancy but you share the load a bit afterwards.

I think sometimes when I feel a bit vulnerable I just like to hibernate and shut off from the world a bit. Sometimes that's not too healthy either so a good balance of visitors to down time would be best. I'll have to learn how to say no without the guilt - it's so hard as you know that people have the very best of intentions.

Well, I'm certainly sleeping badly at the moment so getting prepared that way - except I can sleep in until 11am now with nobody to stop me! I love my sleep and don't function well without it so it will be interesting to see how my body copes. Still, if it can cope with puking non-stop for four months I can cope with anything!

I think people will understand if you are firm about visitors, they do have good intentions but you can just see how you go and how comfortable you are. I think it depends on what kind of people they are. I know which friends/family would come over and not expect to be waited on but help themselves to tea and biscuits etc and which visitors would be more trouble!

I was asking them yesterday in the hospital about visiting hours, apparently it's basically a free for all except for the hours between 12:30 and 2:30 (the dad can be there any time). The midwifes can put a sign up on the door saying no visitors if you request it though but that's a bit mean maybe if people have travelled!! She was advising if things were to get too much, that you can blame the midwives and say they were giving out that there was too many people coming up :D I might "make up" set hours to tell people...

Holles St will only let grandparents visit between 6 and 8 pm and that's it - no other visitors, although when I've been there there's been lots of people carrying flowers in etc that didn't look like grandparents! I like the idea of blaming the midwives for not allowing visitors if you don't want them! I'm happy to just have my parents come in when I'm in the hospital, everyone else can come over afterwards :)

Best of luck Blueskye!

I am like you krankykitty - been analysing every kick and movement of both me and the babs, last night I spent 2 hours researching breech or transverse lying babies as I am sure the baby is not where it should be - the kicks are out either side of me, parallel to my hips. So in case I need a section I was researching epis etc and thankfully a light went off in my head and I said Feck it, I can't change what happens so just best to roll with the punches, I'm doing all they recommend due to the hip/back problems (I knew I'd get here eventually it just took longer than normal). I feel so relieved now its great.

Its handy if you can stagger the visitors, warn people to txt in advance to arrange it and don't be afraid to say no or ask for a load of washing to be taken from the machine or the cups to be washed up! :) Its the little things that will make your life so much easier.

The 2 year old is in bed and I'm joining him, we had toddler group today and they did a fire drill so we had to vacate the building. He was really freaked out by the noise and alarms and using different halls to get out, I had to carry him down 2 flights of stairs and out of the way of other people, my back is fecked - physiotherapist will be cross with me!

Good luck blueskye
    I'm stuck in the hospital waiting on a bed. Lucky I had the foresight to pack a bag just in case. It's an hour drive to hospital.

Had a scan done she said my baby is big its 6lb 2 already.! And I found out its a girl. I'm delighted baby daisy. :-)

sunshiner wrote: »
    Good luck blueskye
    I'm stuck in the hospital waiting on a bed. Lucky I had the foresight to pack a bag just in case. It's an hour drive to hospital.

Had a scan done she said my baby is big its 6lb 2 already.! And I found out its a girl. I'm delighted baby daisy. :-)

Congrats - you had a feeling it was a girl didn't you? Loving the name Daisy, so pretty :) Hope you get a bed soon, no fun hanging around.

Am so excited by Blueskye's news. I cried a little bit. can't believe we will all have babies soon. I just walked down to the library to get some books and it's been all done up since I was there last. They have a huge children's part and the librarian was telling me to make sure to get a card for the little one when he arrives. Got me really excited about having him around to do fun things with like swimming and going down to get books. Hope the next few weeks go quickly!

• Advertisement

U ok sunshiner? Y keeping u in?
    Wow that's a great weigt isn't it and a little girl is so cute!
    We seem be a month of mostly boys! Would love no what having!
    How you feeling?

Delighted for blue sky

Huge q in rotunda sometimes wish I went private!

Advertisement