Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I'm alot better today. Slept well! My bump has definitely fallen alot so think it ws the pressure of that and on bladder tht had me so bad. Still alot of pressure pain but alot better .

Yes I'm really stocking up in comfy pjs now too. Dunnes had some nice ones too. Only thing I enjoy wearing these days.

Bus still very heavy going work! Some nice cool weather be great ;)

Hope everyone well. And the hip and pelvic pain is easing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Glad you're feeling better Lynda! Pelvic pain is really unpleasant!

I'm impressed with your organisation Sunshiner, it is a big weight to know you're all packed!

I'm hanging around waiting for the verdict in our car. It has an intermittent fault and I'm getting it checked. I've been hanging around for two hours now for a diagnostics check that should take 30 mins. Slept really badly last night so just want to go home! Worried it's going to be really expensive to fix as well. Grr!

I did take the opportunity to get into a health shop and get raspberry leaf tea. Going to start taking it in a few weeks. I thought it might be really expensive but it was only €2.50 which was nice!!

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

anyone else got sore boobs and nipples? mine have like a burning feeling its quite uncomfortable.

Thanks murdy i must get a few more bits, im a terror for making lists but its great having them on the phone. Im itching to start painting.Im hoping some kind offers from people will start so i wont have to do it all.

sunshiner wrote: »
    anyone else got sore boobs and nipples? mine have like a burning feeling its quite uncomfortable.

Thanks murdy i must get a few more bits, im a terror for making lists but its great having them on the phone. Im itching to start painting.Im hoping some kind offers from people will start so i wont have to do it all.

I have days with sore boobs/nipples. I bought crop top type things in m and s to wear on those days instead if bras. Much lighter on the boobs!

Hope you manage to rustle up some helpers. Is mr Sunshiner on the mend?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey, feeling better today - in fact I may have over done it! The tumble dryer got fixed (& the repair guy kindly lugged out a basket of drying for me), I went through the toy boxes - which will keep mr knitter happy as he wants stuff to go to this magical place which he calls "away". i think in his own way he his nesting himself! So I have stuff for charity, the bin or the attic. And best of all I get to start packing the hospital bag, Sunshiner I could do with a list or two myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Thanks everyone- am still plugging away at the masters! Can't wait 'til it's over though. Glad to hear things are going well for ye. I've had hip and pelvic pain too, though most of it seems to have gone and it's just the lightning crotch left!

Had the 31 week scan today, baby is measured at 4lb 6 oz already!! It's meant to be only around 3.5lbs at this stage. Sounds like it'll be a big one...anyone else have their 31 week weights yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

Glad to hear that everything is doing well. I get shooting pains in my bust the odd day too, assuming that it's milk related. Still sleeping well, thank goodness. Have bruised my tailbone though which makes driving and sitting in certain positions very painful.

I don't think I get another scan until 39 weeks - I get a little one with the consultant each visit but they never tell me the weight.

I am just starting to pack my hospital bag now. I have 90% of what I need for the baby and 1% of what I need for me. I ran out in a panic last week and bought a pair of PJs - just in case I got called into hospital early and had nothing to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi All,
    Everybody is getting so organised- I wonder are we nesting? My mind is nesting in that I keep of things I 'must' do when I'm finished work. I had an app yesterday. Met mid wife and consultant. Baby is measuring at 32 wks 2 days I'm actually 32 wks 6 days and weight is around 4 pounds he said. At 32 wks weight you double it to get idea of weight at birth so I'm on course for an 8 pounder!! My baby has decided to turn breech again after being head down and ready 2 wks ago! I couldn't believe it but sure plenty of time but scary to think at nxt app if still breech ill b given csection date! Does anybody have their Moses basket yet? Just wondering does your matress feel really thin? Wonder wud it b ok to buy another one to put on top of the one on it? Would it stil be 'breathable'?

Hope the baby turns around again DoubleB so no breech for you. I'm telling my little one he's to stay where he is and to get no thoughts about turning around!

I have no idea of babies weight and I reckon the hospital won't tell me anything about it unless he is big/small. I won't any more scans unless they're worried about something. I think he'll be between 7.5 and 8 lbs but that's only my hunch! My mum had two 8 lb babies and like me was very sick, lost loads of weight and carried very "neat". I swear if one more person tells me how neat I am there will be slaps! :D

Glad you're still plugging away at the masters Paperclipgrad, it'll be worth it in the end.

Got my first baby gift in the post today from a friend overseas, very cute and put a big smile on my face. Also got the estimate to fix the car and it's astronomical, that did not put a smile on my face. Looks like it'll be baked beans for dinner for the next while in the MurdyWurdy house. It's great to be home and resting but having only one salary totally sucks. I'm in serious thrift mode!

Double b im sure the baby will turn around again soon. i wouldnt bother getting another mattress double b unless its very bad, they wont be in long enough in it.
    Im nesting for sure each day i try tackle something that needs doing. And then i look around in despair at the other things to do.

Couchkitten that sounds painful does heat help? glad to know im not the only one with boob pain. I wear a yoga bra i got in dunnes which helps for those days. Some people get thrush in their breasts and that why theyre painful, So i tried 2 parts vinegar 1 part water, and basically you clean them and leave them dry. You can even leave it on when breastfeeding,doesnt affect baby.

i was told baby weight in kilos but cant remember it, she said it was average for the weeks, ive my next appointment at 35 weeks have to see the gp in the meantime.

oh murdy that was nice of ur friend, my grandaunt gave me a teddy,which was nice. Mr sunshiner is still on the mend but doing better thankfully. thanks for asking.

• Advertisement

Ugh, car repairs. We're looking to buy one in the next month or two. We just have the budget for it now... btw meant to ask you, where did you find the Nando's sauce? I'd love to get some! Nam Pla is great, from aldi i think it is? Might be similar enough to Nando's? It's a sweet chili sauce...

Was talking to mom about baby's size, she said I should eat MORE (?!?!) to slow down its growth....doesn't make sense to me either! I thought baby birth weight correlated roughly to how much mama eats (along with genetics etc). So surely eating less would give a smaller baby...

I didn't think I was eating THAT much, but maybe I am....:/

Ugh, car repairs. We're looking to buy one in the next month or two. We just have the budget for it now... btw meant to ask you, where did you find the Nando's sauce? I'd love to get some! Nam Pla is great, from aldi i think it is? Might be similar enough to Nando's? It's a sweet chili sauce...

Was talking to mom about baby's size, she said I should eat MORE (?!?!) to slow down its growth....doesn't make sense to me either! I thought baby birth weight correlated roughly to how much mama eats (along with genetics etc). So surely eating less would give a smaller baby...

I didn't think I was eating THAT much, but maybe I am....:/

You eat all you want - it's the one time you can!

You can get Nando's sauce in most supermarkets in the smaller bottles. I sadly could not track down a 1l bottle anywhere :( If you're going for the medium hotness one they are on special in Lidl at the moment for 1.49 (bargain!). Sadly we need the hot one so I'll need to go to Tesco for that.

Also, Lidl do pasteurised feta so ok for pregnant women. I love my feta so was quite pleased to find some that was definitely pasteurised (all the others I've looked at don't say whether it is or not and I don't want to take the risk)

Centra also has pasteurized goat's cheese! mmmm.....nom.

Centra also has pasteurized goat's cheese! mmmm.....nom.

Ooh, really? I love goats cheese. Yum!

Yup! Get thee to a centra! Had a fantastic salad the other day with rocket, olives, goat's cheese, sundried tomatoes and balsamic vinegar.....darn, now I'm hungry...
    .....brb, going to go look in fridge for 5 minutes.

Goats cheese,beetroot,bacon bits,crushed walnuts on rocket leaves nom nom

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Yum, all this talk of food is making me hungry :-)

Oh I hear ya on the finance side of things, we're managing on my salary only the past while and it is a strain. And now we need a new washing machine, the bearings are gone and it's only 5 years old :(. But I must be nesting, getting a guy to come paint the front of the house and gates at the weekend (long overdue job) and our utility door has warped so trying to get that sorted too. On the plus side, I got my letter re. maternity benefit today so at least that's sorted. Still trying to chase OH to put cot up for me...

Totally wrecked here, can't walk for more than a few minutes, pelvic pain is unnatural. I guess two heads pressing down probably does that :rolleyes: All ok at hospital on Monday, seeing doc again Friday. But no sign of movement, had kindof gotten my hopes up that babies might make an early appearance. Of course I know they're better off in the womb but part of me would love to evict them asap!

blueskye hang in there it will be worth it, like you im hoping i go early but we can live in hope. have you been drinking raspberry leaf tea?
    It must be a man thing to wait to the last min to do stuff.

Hopefully they'll be here soon enough Blueskye, I know one baby is bad enough,k can't imagine having two heads in there! Great that you got your maternity benefit sorted, unfortunately I was out of the country for the last few years so am not entitled to it. It would have been nice!

No I haven't gone near the raspberry leaf tea as really I guess I shouldn't be helping these babies to come out. I'm 34 weeks and the aim to was to get 37 which doc says is unlikely now but every extra day is a bonus and probably means less time in neo natal.

That's such a pity Murdy re mat benefit.

• Advertisement

Blueskye wrote: »
    No I haven't gone near the raspberry leaf tea as really I guess I shouldn't be helping these babies to come out. I'm 34 weeks and the aim to was to get 37 which doc says is unlikely now but every extra day is a bonus and probably means less time in neo natal.

That's such a pity Murdy re mat benefit.

That's a good way to think of it - one day at a time and every day helps the babies!

Yeah, sucks about the mat benefit, it would have been so handy but I'm just happy to be having my baby in Ireland and not away from home so I can't complain too much!

I think I'll start the raspberry leaf tea at 36 weeks - would love to go a week or two early although I fully expect to be still on this thread at 42 weeks moaning and talking to myself! Has anyone tried it yet? Is it nice? I don't really like herbal teas so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not.

havent tried the tea but i drink herbal teas so im sure it wont be that bad.

thats sucks alright murdy, i wont get it either would have been handy. But as you pointed out living in ireland having a baby we are lucky compared to other countries.

yup defo a good way to think of it like that blueskye.

I tried raspberry leaf tea before when my sister was pregnant. It's tasty- sort of like strawberry tea! If you like red berry herbal teas you'll like this. Mmmm.....might get some...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Randomly gate crashing from may thread :)

If you don't like the tea you can get tablets in a health food store! The teas not bad tho - I'm now so desperate I'm taking the tablets and drinking the tea and nada..... But it's meant to make your contractions more effective during labour rather than starting it early I think! 8 days to go and I'd snort the tea leaves if I thought it'd help :p

I can really feel the baby in there now! It's taking up so much space now, feels like a proper baby if you know what I mean? Hard to imagine that we'll be pregnant for another 2 months yet! Seems like it's ready to go now...

*plop*

Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well. I have to warn ye- I have a major moan fest coming on... Have had a really bad evening! Went for grub with hubby. On way home I felt uncomfortably full and sick. Got awful pains across my tummy. Got in the door bent down to pick up something and fell over. Then proceeded to cry and become breathless. Pain in crotch, bum(piles!!), tummy, back at this stage. Made it upstairs. Ran to loo to get sick. Came out and had heartburn which felt more like what I imagine a heart attack. Couldn't take a breath with the stich in my heart. Here I am now about 25 mins later. Bit better but still not right!!! So sorry for all that just feeling sorry for myself. Hope yee are all having a better evening. X

I can really feel the baby in there now! It's taking up so much space now, feels like a proper baby if you know what I mean? Hard to imagine that we'll be pregnant for another 2 months yet! Seems like it's ready to go now...

*plop*

Gosh 2 months and I've only 2 and a bit weeks max...I am in the wrong thread :P It's cool being able to feel them as real babies I think, I love when I think I can find a foot or back etc.

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well. I have to warn ye- I have a major moan fest coming on... Have had a really bad evening! Went for grub with hubby. On way home I felt uncomfortably full and sick. Got awful pains across my tummy. Got in the door bent down to pick up something and fell over. Then proceeded to cry and become breathless. Pain in crotch, bum(piles!!), tummy, back at this stage. Made it upstairs. Ran to loo to get sick. Came out and had heartburn which felt more like what I imagine a heart attack. Couldn't take a breath with the stich in my heart. Here I am now about 25 mins later. Bit better but still not right!!! So sorry for all that just feeling sorry for myself. Hope yee are all having a better evening. X

Oh DoubleB, sounds traumatic. I've had that a lot in the evenings, just too full, needing to vomit, heartburn, pains everywhere. It's absolutely rotten. I end up in tears feeling so sorry for myself. Take it easy for the evening and mind yourself. Hope you feel a bit better in a while x

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Double b sounds crap evening for u. I hav to say I'm 33 and half weeks and since Monday my bump has dropped and my breathing and nausea and fullness is alot better! Feeling great past two days apart from so e pressure pain. So hope it's just a bad week and ur whole end be like that.
    Last week i was really struggling and today i was in work and met friend after and feeling on top world.
    Hope feel better soon !

• Advertisement

Thanks Girls, great to have this forum for support. Is anybody else suffering with piles? I'm in no way constipated but I am so sore down there. It's awful. Have had pain there all day and do dire after I go / wipe sorry for tmi. An cleaning with witch hazel and bathed in tea tree. Keeping things regular- nothing helps! Dr said very little they can do and it'll get worse before better!!! Great. I'm finding it hard to remember all ur due dates. I'm June 13th but really think ill go earlier( wishful thinking I guess) !!

Advertisement