Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

Oh wow, this is all getting so exciting :D Pregnancy brain a myth???? it's the most real thing I've experienced haha, cannot believe all the crazy stuff I'm doing haha.
    I am unbelievably relieved!! Just hope I can get my car insurance sorted asap, it was cancelled :/

Anyway OMG so close for some of yous, you must be so excited, these 10 weeks are beginning to rush by, just got my car seat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Ladies,
    How are we all this evening? I'm just back from the doctor. He signed me off work until next week. Lots of little issues but mainly tiredness!! Feel awful about leaving my class for two days.

Baby is head down now according to Dr which has really excited me. Had a feeling as I've been getting kicks in the ribs all of a sudden over the past few days and my bump seems to have changed shape too! What are your braxton hicks feeling like? I got what I think is one in work today. My belly just hardened and stayed that way for about 20 minutes. I get them very regularly in the evenings but not many during the day. Are yee like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Jenni i really hope the weeks go quick like u say! What's ur due date? I'm tenth June!
    Which car seat u get! Ur getting all organised now!!

Double b hope all is well and u ok! U just hav listen to body! I am dead after 3 dad work alot worse than first trimester! Pressure pain below aswel! So glad off work tomrorow! Don't no how long I can keep going! Feel like been lazy wit tiredness but it is really bad!

Are youse all going get a good wax for the big day? Think I'm going book one next week and then again for four weeks later! I used get laser but can't since pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

never had a wax, which one do you go for lynda?
    Knackered aint the word, physio said i have to rest up with head packs,fat chance of that at the min. Scan tomorrow to check out the babies heart.

Years since I had wax cause laser so don't no! I can't even see there to sort myself ;)!getting nails tomorrow and no beautician well so think run by her!
    Want feel as clean and tidy as possible!

That's terrible u so sore! I think baby takes big growth spurt from 30-32 weeks so hope tiredness slows then after!!how come babies heart getting checked?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I was just talking about it on the pregnant woman's moan thread - going to book in for a wax a week or so before my due date. I normally get it all off so will just do that. Much nicer for after labour I think!

Sorry to hear you're all so tired, I'm still dying of this cold so been in bed the last 2 days. All I can say us heartburn and a terrible sore throat is not a nice combination! Hoping in a day or so I'll be back to normal

lynda18 wrote: »
    Years since I had wax cause laser so don't no! I can't even see there to sort myself ;)!getting nails tomorrow and no beautician well so think run by her!
    Want feel as clean and tidy as possible!

That's terrible u so sore! I think baby takes big growth spurt from 30-32 weeks so hope tiredness slows then after!!how come babies heart getting checked?

i have a heart condition lynda, so they will check if the baby has it. the paeds will be involved with my baby after its born for the first 6months to check etc. Foetal heart scans arent very accurate. But its a good look to see the baby tomorrow.

Sorry sunshiner I didn't realise they had monitor baby for it but sure fingere crossed it doesn't and At least they monitoring it from so early! That's half the battle getting docs on side to help u! Be brilliant having scan. See how big and human it is!do u no what u having?

Yes murdy going go for all off myself! God so uncomfortable as is thoughts putting self through it! But need some dignity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Feel a bit self conscious, I can barely tolerate plucking my eyebrows getting myself waxed is too painful to imagine. I'll have the legs done mid June but apart from that they will have to deal with me au naturale!!

Have glucose tolerance test tomorrow, so not looking to it, wonder will it effect the outcome if I have to take some indigestion stuff tonight?

God glucose test is late. Think starve from midnight so could take so
    E now ;) I don't envy u I hated that test and sitting around

Murdy hope better soon!

I still hav not gotten heartburn! It's crazy seem be only one.

• Advertisement

peppermint tea for the heartburn and indigestion or natural yougart.

lynda i must say theyre been fab in the hospital, cant complain tbh. I have no idea what im having,im not sure should i find out tomorrow or not,i might not be able to find out sure i will see.

i was trying to google do i drink water for the scan,most ppl say no.

In rotunda u don't drink
    After 15 weeks for scan cause it b uncomfortable and clear enough to see! But hav small cold drink before hand and u see lots movement

Yeah, I was told you only drink for early scans. When I volunteered to be in that demonstration a few weeks ago it was about foetal hearts so it was a consultant cardiologist doing the scan. You could actually see all the valves etc really clearly so you 'll prob see loads. Hope it goes well.

I'm in a bad way, throat feels like it's on fire and I'm swallowing knives. Drinking lemon and honey with hot water but I'm so fed up :( was awake most of the night so another day in bed for me. Have my antenatal class tonight though so have to go to that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

Sunshiner hope the scan goes well. Let us know how you get on.
    Oh Murdy thats all you need . U poor thing. Heartburn and sore throat is just cruel.
    I found it hard to breath yesterday evening again. Just cant seem to take a deep enough breath in the evenings especially and when I lie down. Its dreadful!! I second the tiredness sunshiner I feel like I've jet lag or something.

On the waxing- I haven't waxed in years as I used to get awful regrowth bumpy red rash. Would really like to thou as I feel horrible down there. Just the last thing I would need in labour or after giving birth is uncomfortable regrowth or a bumpy rash!! Think maybe in a few weeks I will try it.

Have yee been trying pelvic floor exercises? I still can't get the hang of it. Also I'm planning on taking rasperry leaf tea tablets starting in a few weeks. Maybe from wk 33. Have yee thought about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Lynda - ya the gtt is late but I put it off - I couldn't face doing it after being in the hospital and all. But its done now though I feel so off after it, I suppose its a sugar hangover! :)

Double B - enjoy the time off and rest up, I'm sure the kids will be fine - they'll love the novelty of a new teacher for a while!

Won't be trying the raspberry tea though, the longer its in there the better :D though not too long! I think I barely got my last fella out and he was 1 day early and came in at 8lb 3oz (I'm small 5ft 2), actually they thought the shoulders were stuck at one point but thankfully before episiotomy was mentioned he came out and no tearing!!

Murdy - you sound like you are going through the wars I hope you feel better soon.

Sunshiner hope the scan went ok.

@lynda : I got a graco one from a friend :) it's lovely and so little, cannot believe a baby will be in it :) eeeek! due on the 23rd, but everybody thinks I'll be a couple weeks early haha it's so exciting, everything's already prepared, everytime I go to the fella's parents home, they have new things haha.

Ah Jenni that's lovely!! Amazing how nice people get when pregnant and baby coming!
    Murdy hope well soon!
    I took day leave today and felt so good met up wit old friends and got nails done!
    Was lovely day l! No stomach all stressed again over work can't wait finish up. Feel so not able then stressing bout not doing enough!
    So much movement all day stronger it gets stranger it feels!!
    A knitter that gti test defo takes alot out of u!

hey everyone, scan went well, baby wasnt very co operative with trying to see the gender. The scan of the babies heart seemed good, but we wont know till the baby starts breathing etc as is the side of the heart that effects the lungs. So yeah the scan this far on was fab, could see the spine which was fab. Got a nice print out of the face and hand.

That's great sunshiner a good relief! But like say only so
    Many scans necessary can't tell too much or do
    Much till in our arms and that goes
    For all our babies! But does be great to get thumbs up for now and a peek inside! Did not sleep at all last Night! Went out dinner and was sick all night I am wrecked now today! No more late
    Time fancy meals for
    Me ;)

Glad the scan went well! Hopefully all will be well when bubs arrive.

Sorry to hear about your night Lynda. Not sleeping sucks but I have also noticed big, rich meals can be a bit much! I was awake at 5.30 this morning, it's becoming a habit! Maybe baby is preparing me for when he arrives. Went asleep at 9.30 for another two hours anyway. Feeling better today although this cold knocked me for 6. Was out of it all week.

We had our antenatal class last night so I was trying not to show I'd been sick in case the other pregnant ladies got annoyed at me for still going to the class. It was about the 2nd/3rd stage labour so didn't want to miss it. Next week is breathing and managing pain in labour/late pregnancy, the physiotherapist is doing it so I'll make sure to pass on the info to you DoubleB!!

I don't think I'll start with the raspberry leaf tea until a good bit later, say 38 weeks. I just feel like I'll be going over but sure who knows? Baby will come when he wants to. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Hi guys!

Another preggo here, due June 26th (ish- they put my date as +3/4 days) so I'm 29/30 weeks along now. It'll be the first baby for us, we're very excited (it was a honeymoon baby!). Are there any good facebook groups I could join? I've been fairly lucky so far this pregnancy, didn't get much morning sickness at all but I've been stricken with a bad back and 'lightning crotch' now that I'm getting a bit further along. Also finishing off a Masters in Dublin, commuting 3 days a week from Limerick.
    Just came to ask if anyone else was having pain while breathing, if I breathe too deeply it hurts in the rib region, I'm assuming it's because baby is taking up so much room and pushing up into the diaphragm. Also I'm getting tired a lot more easily now- I just want to nap some afternoons!

Anyone else due around the same date as me?

big welcome paperclipclad. Im due around the 17th and murdy is due the week after i think the rest of the june thread i think are early on but sure its anyones guess when we pop :D

I get breathless just doing housework or overdoing it. Have you tried deep long breaths through your nose. Its hard to explain as i do pregnancy yoga which is fab for breathing techniques.
    Back pain sucks alright i cope with yoga, moves,hot water bottles and baths. Do you know what your having?

Nope! I wanted to find out but husband wants a surprise...and now I like the idea of a surprise, will make the day a bit more fun! We're getting a lot of unisex babygros and stuff which is kinda nice as I'm not a massive fan of girls wearing all pink or boys wearing all blue...

For some reason most of the baby shower clothes we got were white with yellow ducks on them. :D awww! Our little duckling...

I found that kneeling on all fours and flexing back helps both breathing and back problems, the only downside is it can be a bit difficult getting back up again, lol.

What are you having, do you know?

nope ive no idea what im having, i think its a girl, but they couldn't confirm 100%yesterday so i guess its defo a surprise now hehe.
    im the same as you i got lots of white,cream and yellow baby clothes. Not a fan of pink at all, in fact the nursery im painting a light turquoise when i eventually get my hands on it.
    Oh getting up and down when squatting is proving difficult. walking is sore lately on my hips, but it will be all worth it.
    The scan i got yesterday they gave me a nice printout image of the hand up by the face, you can see eyes,nose and lips its very nice.

Can you tell yet who it looks like? In all my dreams it's a girl with a smile like my husband's but my nose...hoping that comes true! I'd rather like a girl...unsurprisingly he wants a boy...

I know what you mean about the walking, these days I feel like I'm just waddling around (mama duck?) breathing hard and looking like a rhino. :/ Ah well, as you said it'll be worth it! Just wish it were sooner rather than later- end of June seems so far off still!

Next (last?) scan is on the 22nd, looking forward to it! Have you started prepping for the hospital yet? I was thinking I might get a nightgown and a few bits and pieces just to have them ready. I'm registered in Limerick Maternity (anyone else?) and wondering what the home birth room is like? They made it sound so relaxing...

i have a nightie ( dunnes) a new pjs from tk maxx which i treated myself to. must get another pj set. Havent started getting the bag ready but i will next week. im in cork so going to the new cumh.lots of the ladies here are well organised.

heres a handy list i posted this the other day.
    http://www.mummypages.ie/tools/packing-your-hospital-bag-print

@paperclip commuting 3 days a week from limerick to dublin!!?? Fair play to you, sounds like torture to me right now, brave woman! :) Congrats on the pregnancy too!! I hope all goes well for you :)

@Lynda . It really is amazing how lovely and helpful people become, I don't need to lift finger anymore, everybody's bending over backwards to help me out. It used to be a little annoying tbh, cause I felt like they were treating me like I couldn't do anything, but I must say with this belly, it's so appreciated, I can't even put socks/shoes/pants on properly anymore. :P

Anybody have any belly pics to share? :) To think they could really arrive so soon <3 so excited!!

I've found H&M to be fantastic for pregnancy clothes (the branch in the crescent shopping centre here in Limerick has a maternity section!), I got one pair of mat. jeans in New Look in cbar for only €15 and wear the H&M stretchy basic dresses as tops has been great! I've spent next to nothing on maternity clothes so far...yay for stretchy clothes! I'll be able to wear them after baby as well...

I'll have a look there and Penney's for the nightgown (won't we have to throw out the birth outfit? I'm guessing it'll be pretty rank after giving birth).

Jennii....yup, commuting 3 days a week! In fairness I started getting cramps a few weeks ago so had to take some time off. :( Fortunately this course is mostly assignment based (digital media) compared to my previous degree (pharmacy!) so it's not too bad. The worst part is trying to stay motivated when you know there's something much bigger around the corner- it's hard not to worry a bit about going into labour during exams (next month)...but it'll be fine...be grand they said!!

Welcome paper clip! I'm due 24th June so around the same time as you, nice to have someone here due in later June. I have a feeling I'll be last one in here to have my baby. Due date was originally 17th though so I'm hoping it'll happen sooner than 24th. We're having a boy, both husband and myself were convinced it was a girl. (He's always wanted a daughter) so we found out so he would have time to get used to it if it was a boy! We're glad we did, we're very excited now :) most of our baby gros are unisex though, I'm not a fan of the blue pastels you get for boys so they 're all white/cream or bright bold colours. Hospital bag is packed and nursery is 95% done!

• Advertisement

Seems like everyone has a nursery?

I'm getting a moses basket off my sister in law together with a stand which I'll have beside our bed at night, then graduating to a crib also beside the bed. I plan on breastfeeding so it'll mean less moving around at night=hopefully more sleep! This method has been used/recommended by all the women in my extended family, so.....

Advertisement