Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

i did a course of hypnobirthing with my yoga instructor who ran the class i found it great. i dont know if any of ye are into that?
    I just found out an old friend who lives in the uk is expecting and due the day before me, we are very like minded and are texting like mad so thats come as a great surprise.

Stretch marks yup i have them, am 33 so dunno about the whole age thing, i put mine down to being so fair skinned or see through as i put it, theyre under my bellybutton big red marks. I used bio oil but found out i was allergic so i use argan oil and body butter which works fine.

wedding went fine but have to have a nap after dinner as i was exhausted from driving.
    I havent had much sleep the last couple of nights but im hoping i will tonight. i find as the weather improves i become more productive. my plan tomorrow is to make a start on mr sunshiners room soon to be babies room and get him out of it. I just did some planting of seeds for my veggie garden so im hoping i will have at least some nice veggies for summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Ooh a pregnancy massage sounds lovely.

My sleep is crap at the moment, a few hours here and there. Was awake all morn and then fell asleep again til 1pm. Hate doing that, miss all the lovely sunshine. Peeing a lot at night isn't helping. GP rang me today to say as well as the UTI, they found strep b in my urine. The hospital didn't even mention it last week :rolleyes: Apparently it means if you have a vaginal birth, you need antibiotics to prevent giving the infection to the baby. But it's likely I'll have a section so he said not to worry. My OB has been on hols the past 2 weeks but I'm seeing her Thursday so can talk to her about it.

It's mad about the walking isn't it Murdy? I went to B&Q today to get some paint (small tub) and then decided to go into Homestore for a wander, well I had to hold my bump it felt so heavy. I'm not able for much walking at all at the moment. My mum's friend (nurse) said at this stage I should only be going from bed to chair to bed. But I just can't do that. I'd go insane. I planted a climber in the garden and did some light housework, cooked dinner and did a pile of ironing. But my back is now paying for all the bending and trips up and down the stairs.

I got some nursing tops and bras in Dunnes today. They seem decent enough. They also have maternity knickers with space for your bump and belly bands. Not sure if that's new for Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I know what you mean, Blueskye...my hips are really playing up, seems like there's always SOMETHING going on in the pelvic girdle region, whether it be a sore lower back, lightning crotch, pressure or painful hips! Today it's painful hips...kind of embarrassing as my mother has just gone through a hip replacement op and I don't want to make people think I'm like that! Tell me it all goes away once babog is out....

It's also depressing not being able to walk/exercise as much as usual, I used to be so full of energy and be able to dash everywhere, did a half marathon a few years ago and walked 6 miles per day up until a year ago. Now it's an effort just to go to the shop....it's not just me getting really unfit, is it? :(
    Is anyone else on facebook? It'd be nice to have another expectant mother on my newsfeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Bluesky was the dunnes you got those top in a big one? I could do with one or two, don't want to spend too much either as not sure how long I'll be breastfeeding for this time. Sitting down to do the ironing helps with the back pain. But like the rest of ye I am just exhausted all of a sudden.

Paperclip, you're not unfit just pregnant! Sounds like you're having a time of it though, maybe contact the hospital and they can see after physio for you. I got my first pelvic pain on the 23rd december - I was around 15 weeks and have been going to physio since Feb. It give you such a new lease of life after, though it is sore!

Is anyone else swelling a bit? I've had to remove my wedding ring and my socks feel tighter around my ankles, its not much but I know it's something to be aware of.

aknitter- what sort of exercises did the physio give you? Feel free to describe them so I can try them out myself! I really want to have more motivation which I think will come with feeling a bit better...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Well my husband told me my face was puffy so I guess I am a bit swollen. Charming! Wedding ring got really lose when I lost the hyperemesis weight so I can't tell if they're tight or not. My hubby is paranoid about pre eclampsia so he might just be seeing what he expects to see!

I'm taking it very easy today, can really feel it in my legs. Have to take the cat to the vet later but that's all I'm doing today. Definitely feeling very pregnant.

Thanks for the heads up on the tops in Dunnes Blueskye. I need to get a few tops for feeding. My bump is still high enough so my normal underwear and pyjamas are still fitting. Need to get some big knickers for hospital though so will check them out too!

Paperclipgrad, I'm on Facebook. Send a pm to me with your details and I'll add you :) I'd also be happy to have other mums to be in my newsfeed!

Paperclip - I was given very little to do to be honest - I have SPD and I have to wear a back support all the time and a belly support too as my stomach muscles are very loose (it went untreated in my last pregnancy and the physio thinks this is why I am so bad this time around). I have also been told there is a distinct possiblity I could be on crutches before this is all over.

Most important is the pelvic floor exercises. I was told to walk about 20/30 mins a day- whatever I am able to do - about 5 times a week. I am to stretch my arm over my head and bend my upper body into the stretch, repeat for the other side.
    Sit on the floor on your knees, with a pillow between your bum and calves then stretch forward as far as you can go. I am to avoid lifting (even the 2 year old). When sitting I am to keep my pelvis as stable as possible so legs in front on a little stool or stack of books. I was warned to only take advise from reputable sources aswell as some advise out there is dangerous. I was told the most important thing to do was to contiune moving as normal as long as the pain was not too bad - eg get in and out of the car as normal and not to swivel both legs in. Below is a great site but if you are finding it too bad get a physio appointment (they keep them free for women in the later stages like us!), my next one is on april 25th.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/pelvic-pain-pregnant-spd.aspx

btw all the pelvic pain should go away after the baby comes (it did last time), when the hormone relaxin goes back to normal levels.

Great, thanks for exercise suggestions! Will get on them pronto...

10 weeks sounds like ages but it's only 70 days...and 70 days ago was Feb 6th. That doesn't seem so long ago...that's the week before Ash Wednesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

My ankles and legs are swollen and bit sore walkin ! Heat on work is so bad today. I am very uncomfortable wit it! My hair sticking to me and got sick from lunch. Meant be meeting a friend after and all I want is bed and shower!

Must look dunes! Mothercare hav nursing bras half price I got 2 for 19 yest as very comfy on and nice!

Murdy ur husband is right I'm checking blood pressure at home regularly a girl
    In work got pre eclampsia and was very sick for ten days after birth in hospital ! It's as well to catch it so can get help we need!

• Advertisement

Yeah, pre eclampsia would be horrible. Got my blood pressure checked at the doc yesterday and it's on the low side of normal, doesn't stop him worrying! I told him all pregnant women get a bit puffy but he's just a worrier!

Hope you enjoy being out tonight Lynda, it'll be fun when you get there. You must be getting really tired though, fair play for still being at work!

Glad the pelvis goes back to normal, it's very uncomfortable! I'm not moving much today and it's been ok. Just need to learn not to overdo it :)

Oh meant to ask you all, are your baby daddy's taking much time off when the baby is born? My hubby can take 4 weeks off work (3 days paternity leave plus all his annual leave he has accrued) Do you reckon he should take it all?

I'm thinking it would be great to have that time as a family and great for him to get a long break at the beginning when we'll be a bit shell shocked but maybe it's a bit long and he'd be better off saving a week for later on?

murdy, my husband is taking one week off. He can't take more than that as he took so much time off so far due to me being in hospital etc. It's grand for me as I'll have our daughter on hand to help, I know he'd like to be here more but I also want him to keep days for christmas or the midterm break in october so we can all be together as a family. Our daughter is 14 and on hols from the end of may to september so I'll have great help.

Hey murdy mine is taking 3 paternity and then two weeks leave he has four weeks but going keep a week for sept and a bit for October. Would love him off week christening too and maybe a long weekend in country ! My mam is goin take two weeks off when he goes back though so that be big help from them both till I get settled and recover ! Hard to no how to plan it.
    Just way home now from dinner was nice catch up but too much food!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is well on this stormy evening!
    Murdy I'm glad you asked that about your husband's leave because I'm thinking the same. He has 3 weeks built up also. We are thinking he will just take two weeks though and then he will take another week at the end of the summer and perhaps we might take a lil family 2 or 3 nights away somewhere?! Thats the plan anyway. We will also be christening our baby so we are going to have the christening during that week at end of summer.

My baby is doin acrobatics tonight- twisting and turning and squirming. Feels so strange. Also I had what felt like a braxton hick contraction (tummy went tight and felt weird) which lasted for over 15 minutes?

Aknitter, it was a big enough Dunnes. They are in the underwear section. Tops are €15, just black and white ones.

Double b I am getting so many wierd sensations feelings and pains ESP in evening i don't no what's what :)!sounds like braxton hicks though!

Wish oh could get longer off but might also get in bit routine when he does go back and both our parents are near by

I'm scared I'm gone too big! Hope all ok! Just feel so huge!

Thanks ladies, you all seem to be thinking similarly enough! Nice to hear what you're all doing. We talked about it tonight and he 's going to take 3 weeks (3 days paternity and 12 days leave) and save the rest. His work is very flexible anyway so for the 4th and 5th week he can do a bit of work from home and work shorter hours.

We might go on hols mid term break in October with my mum to the sun (she's a teacher so can only go then, means she's on hols when the baby is born too though). We also need to go to South Africa next feb/march to show baby off to my husband's family. I wasn't sure if i was being naive thinking of future hols with a baby!

Hubby is really looking forward to the time off now, I think he'd kind of forgotten he'd be off too :)

Aknitter. Great you'll have a helper, 14 is a lovely age to be around a baby. Is she excited about the new arrival?

Lynda I was just wondering earlier have I gotten 'too big' I am actually like a massive whale!!! Exciting news everyone.............hubby has been able to hear baby's movements and believe it or not heartbeat with his ear against my bump. He is absolutely chuffed. Said he hears babs punching away too. Slightly jealous I can't hear it. My baby has moved again and is lying completely to the right hand side of my bump. Getting awful pains and sensations there all evening. Anyone else hav a babs that has taken a liking to a particular side???

Also hubby is now so excited he is downloading an app to listen to baby's heartbeat using earphones and iphone- 'my babys beat' because he wants me to hear. Anyone try this before?

• Advertisement

DoubleB wrote: »
    Also hubby is now so excited he is downloading an app to listen to baby's heartbeat using earphones and iphone- 'my babys beat' because he wants me to hear. Anyone try this before?

No, but once I tell hubby about it he'll be right in there! Will definitely want to try it out :)

My baby has been head down with feet and hands to the right of my bump for a few weeks so I feel kicks/punches on the right. The squirming is felt all over the bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Oh meant to ask you all, are your baby daddy's taking much time off when the baby is born? My hubby can take 4 weeks off work (3 days paternity leave plus all his annual leave he has accrued) Do you reckon he should take it all?

I'm thinking it would be great to have that time as a family and great for him to get a long break at the beginning when we'll be a bit shell shocked but maybe it's a bit long and he'd be better off saving a week for later on?

Personally I'd find this far too long - my husband gets 2 weeks paternity and after both our babies I was practically kicking him out the door back to work - we were under each other's feet!! seriously!! I found that (especially) on our first that we were both fussing all over the baby and getting in each others way. When he went back to work it was so so so much nicer - I was dying for him to come home and he was dying to come home! Later on in the year he took more leave and it was so much better - we were less sleep deprived and the breastfeeding was well established so we were really able to enjoy that time off. Now, don't get me wrong - I think a fortnight is perfect - but any longer is too much in my experience.

My babies are both head down but all the arms and legs are on the right side of my bump. Some evenings there's a real racket going on in there.

OB back from her hols tomorrow thank goodness. Have a scan in hospital to check their weights again. I'd be surprised if they haven't put on another lb each, bump has expanded a lot since last scan 3 weeks ago.

Blueskye, I really want to see your bump (PICS!), can't imagine having ANOTHER baby in there, one is enough for me, lol. It must be really uncomfortable trying to sleep/turn over at night?

Baba seems to have its feet in my diaphragm and to be massaging my bladder on the other end...not a pleasant sensation!

Last scan is next Monday! Really looking forward to it- should be able to see the face better this time, people are telling me?

Anyone else having problems picking out names? Husband seems to like a total of 3 names....argh!

paperclip - thought we had it sorted on the name front but now it seems like we are back to the start :(
    We have plenty of girls names but very short on boys ones. Think we will have to wait and see babs before deciding.

Boys are hard to name! Think it's because they only like 'normal' names, i.e names that aren't too 'out there', but that can sound boring to us (ANOTHER Michael or Sean...)
    The names husband likes for boys so far are John and Thomas... so we might name the baby John David if it's a boy. Though I really like the name Rían (my maiden name is Ryan)...so might convince him!

For girls, we've picked out either Sophia Marie or Helena Marie, leaning towards the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

must check out a big dunnes murdy for those breastfeeding tops,nice one.

paperclipgrad, it took me ages to pick out a boys name but i like unusual names so we finally decided on one, The girls name i knew instantly even before i was pregnant. Theyre very hippy/far out names a bit like me haha.

Im looking forward to pregnancy fair in cork this weekend, im bringing a friends as i think women have more patience. mr sunshiner aint the best when it comes to shopping.

Im going to take a leap out of murdys book today and make some dinners to freeze.

Baby is still in breech, and having a merry old dance on my bladder. Ill be finishing up my course soon and im dreading the exams as theyre practical but the examiners have made some great allowances for me.

Love the name choices!! I like sensible names :) We had a definite name for a girl all sorted, then we found out we're having a boy! We have a shortlist for boys names and we'll see which one he looks like when he's born. We have a frontrunner though and in my head I've been calling him that.

Here's a pic of my bump: (it was hard to take myself so ignore the weird thumbs up!)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/photo2rx.jpg

Also, went in to the baby's room last night to vacuum and was greeted by this sight - my first baby in the cot!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/photoyhv.jpg/

Door is now being kept firmly closed and the cat proof net will be going up soon!

Grr - trying to put the photos in directly by the fecking image tags aren't working. Imageshack has changed how it does things :)

• Advertisement

murdy, What was the name you'd picked out for a girl? Just curious here. :D

Your bump is so cute!

Mine is a bit rounder (I think I'm carrying high?)...30 weeks yesterday (+3/4 days)

Here's mine...just took it this morning.

6e1ee4afe2b1cc80678192230d23842e.jpg

Advertisement