Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

A knitter that sounds very scary for u! Glad ur ok! Hope u feel ok soon! Be glad to get home!

U can share from tips from class kranky kitty! Baby is going mad tonight kicking!
    Feel so tired and stiff and nearly think legs starting swell! This third trimester is hitting us wit a bang! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

I'll let you know if I get any good tips tomorrow!

Hope the nerve block works must be awful to be so sore! Glad they finally looking after u

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,
    Sounds like a lot of you have been through the mill this week. You poor things. I've been very lucky by the sounds of things. I cannot believe how close June is getting.

I've started thinking about the fact that we are probably going to have a lot of visitors when baby arrives & a lot of visitors that I don;t know really well. Its kinda like a tradition where I live that u go to visit a new baby.I've been thinking about how I'm going to have the house presentable for visitors all the time so I dont get caught on the hop!! I'm hoping to be able to do up my 'good' sitting room in a very basic/cheap way just so I can shut the door on it and have it tidy for visitors!!! It's a junk room at the min. Another little mission for me to keep me busy until June.

I am very lucky to have two weeks off now. I'm thrilled. Going to get lots of rest between getting lots of nesting done. The nursery is almost finished. I'm delighted with it.

The school I want to send my baby to has 24 names registered for 2017. Can u believe it? Have yee been thinking about what yr to send ur babs to school? I know its a long way off but its something to think about. Some schools won't accept kids unless they're 4 by a certain month but it completely depends on the child. My nephew who was born in May was well ready to go at four and didnt and now is very ahead of his peers and is a little bored by the whole infants prog. As a junior infant teacher myself I have seen it from both sides. A child can really be hindered by the fact that they just weren't ready for formal learning socially as well as academically and as the years pass the gap tends to widen but I've also taught children who are streets ahead of their peers. Each child is different. It would be very young to start though having just turned four in the June and quite old for a child to start the following yr.hmmmmm I know its a long way off but judging by this school names will need to go down when born. Country schools are not like that though.

Oh I am same wit visitors people be coming al time! We been doing up upstairs and hall and landing at moment and last year we did sitting room and garden. Hope weather nice and can go garden sometimes! I say people from work in all will call! Ha ha. Suppose a baby really does make a home.. We bought this two years ago and really starting feel like. A home !

Hope everyone bit better today. Weather dried out alot! Went hour walk wit mam and felt great ! Amazing how i used think a walk was taking It easy and now nearly a challenge!

Getting very bad leg cramps and spasms at night so hoping walking helps!

2 weeks off be great .i feel like I really need a break from work. I have work in limerick next week and bit nervous bout been so far from home incase I was poorly or anything! Like last night I nearly fell wit leg spasms and just feel safer at home wit partner here and hospital ! I no it's silly!

• Advertisement

I know exactly what u mean about feeling safer at home lynda.Is there any way u can get out of the trip if u don't feel up to it? I have become like a recluse and hate when my hubby isn't near by!!! I'm sure we will be only dying to get out n about with babs in June!! Isn't it great that it will be at least some way warm when our babies are arriving thou? We shouldnt need to worry about heating ets. I am so looking forward to glass of prosecco on the patio(all sounds very ideal!!)

Yeah I was thinking the same about work crew I'm sure they will all call (around 20 of them!!) My garden is a total mess and I'm hoping to have the christening at home. May try do something with it! Oh I'm deffo nesting. Not in any way religious so i know that sounds hypocritical having a christening but will keep parents happy and in my head its just another way to celebrate our beautiful baby!!!

Hav u thought about when ull send kiddy to school 2017/2018?? Its my latest obsession. Suppose we wont know until a lot closer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

We're going to put baby's name down after he is born but as I'm due the end of June and could go into July we reckon he won't start school until he is 5 in 2018. The school we want him to go to put July/Aug babies in the year ahead as a rule even though there criteria is they kids have to be four by the 1st September. The other school we're interested in (my old primary school) says they have to be 4 by 1 June so to take the stress off us I've just accepted he'll be home until he is 5. At least if he starts in 2018 he'll probably be top of the list for the school we like (it's done purely on a first come, first served basis). I reckon it will be full already for 2017.

I'd rather he went to a school we want him to go to than started earlier. My husband and I were both quite academic in school and read quite early etc so there is the risk he''ll be a little advanced but I think it all evens out in the end really and we can take steps to rectify that later on if we want. Apparently starting at 5 is quite normal these days. All these worries we have!

Lol at all the visitors! My FIL wanted to come and visit from 11th - 15th July. If I go the 14 days over that the hospital allows I'll only be coming home around the 11th so we've put him off until September. He was actually quite understanding which is a relief, my hubby is an only child so this is a big deal to my FIL and he doesn't live in Ireland so can't pop in whenever he wants! He's a teacher so can only go during school holidays which are different to ours as where he is lives is in opposite seasons. Sept suits us a lot better though :)

We're in a two bed apartment that's all been recently done up so all I'll be doing for visitors is getting biscuits in and making sure there's no pooey nappies in the living room :D You're all so thoughtful )

Had a nice day at home today - also went for a walk on DL pier in the howling wind which really blew the cobwebs away, had to go for a nap when we got in though, just don't have a lot of energy these days!

How's the pain today KK? Was the class good? Ours start on Thursday, there's 6 classes - can't wait!

Hey All!

F**ked today, pain is quite bad esp sitting down all day at the course, plus still feeling the effects of the doctor's exam on my range of movement yesterday. Just waiting till Wed now to see if I can get some relief from the block.

The course was really good, especially liked the talk by the paediatrician who went through the checks they will do on the baby and different things to be aware of like temperatures, colic etc. I wrote loads of notes so I'll have a look and post some of them up. There was also an infant CPR/choking demo which is really good to know. I had done it before from first aid but it was good to have a refresher.

Kranky kitty hope pain has eased. Sounds awful
    Glad enjoyed classes

I am feeling emotional to the max today ! Think going away wit work tomorrow has me very anxious and the weight gain a s uncomfortablenessy face and everything has blown up and I just feel quiet fed up and down about it. I no sounds so vein. But i did always enjoy clothes and appearance and fitness. Feel so bad bout self and nearly awkward around partner! I do love kicks and of clear want baby more than anything now just a bad day I guess.

Ah hope you feel better this morning Lynda18. A bad day sometimes feels so much better when you get up the next. <Hugs>

Bummer about going away with work, I'd be anxious about that too, don't want to stray too far these days. It's a big culture change getting used to the body changes and the different clothes etc. But it won't be forever, that's what I keep telling myself! think it's hard too if you have to change your normal exercise routine as that can also be something that helps you feel good. I'm trying to keep in mind the amazing things my body is doing at the moment and go easy on myself.

• Advertisement

Hope you're feeling better Lynda! I know how you feel :) Even though I really want to have a baby it's not easy having your body taken over. I'm looking forward to getting mine back already! Hope your trip with work is ok, I wouldn't be super keen on going anywhere either but at least it'll be done with soon and you'll feel a lot better!

Hey I didn't sleep all night was very upset and bad pelvic pain. Went to doctor this morning and got a cert! I just oil dont face it and I think the anxiety and over tired was making me depressed so best sort myself out before gets carried away.
    Thanks for all nice messages. Bit worried bout work but I hav just relax .

You're dead right Lynda you have to mind yourself. I think when you're tired it's easy to get pulled into a negative thoughts spiral and to feel crap. Are you getting any help with the pelvic pain?

Yes I decided I just had pull self together or ill end up in awful state so relaxing now. No the doctor said baby positioned low and it won't move now till born as v comfortable. She said to walk as much and eat healthy cause heavier i get worse it will get ! I don't think it's as bad as it pain. Hope urs is better

That sounds uncomfortable :( I think my baby still breech so I'm not looking forward to the turn, in case it makes the pelvis worse. I have had a few quite painful days/nights but today during the day i'm not so bad.

On another note! Would ye go to a wedding at 36 weeks? Normally I'd say yes, but I just don't know from one day to the next how I will be pain wise. I'll be finished up work by then so mightn't be as bad. Was thinking I might go to the ceremony and meal (in the same venue) and come home that evening. It's about an hours drive from home though...

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey seems like everyone has a pain or ache today! My pelvic pain was actually helped a lot the last week as I've had no choice but to rest and take it easy, it really is the only cure for the pain. Though the hospital beds were great for it! :) But this was proper rest - sitting positioned properly reading/knitting watching the telly, usually I'm ironing or trying to be 'useful' in some way.
    Chest is getting better - opening up a bit which makes the coughing worse but that will soon pass. Baby is kicking well - the midwives had a hard time trying to find the heart beat as its such an active baby! My appetite has just done a complete 180, I have no interest in junk stuff but I would happily eat a barrell full of apples!
    Just did a quick run to pennys (had to get out of the house for a bit) and picked up a few hospital stuff - pjs and slippers, grand and cheap so if it gets too bloody or anything I'll be able to chuck it out without spending so much - was a bit annoyed though that most things were in light summer colours, personally I want dark patterned stuff (to disguise any leaks which will more than likely happen!!), I managed to pick up 2 one red and the other navy. I'm going to breast feed so nighties are not really the best for me so I got cropped pjs instead.

Kranky - I'd go myself, ya its an hour away but thats not too bad, you'll be able to leave when you want and I'm sure you'll know someone who will give you a bed for an hour in the hotel in the afternoon if you want to rest. Talk to the bride and groom I'm sure they'll more than understand if you give a 'expect me if you see me'. Truth is, it might be a long time before you get out again and I know that trying to arrange a babysitter for a small one can be tricky.

Personally, I would go to the wedding if it wasn't too far away but then again I have no real pelvic/back pain so only you know if you'd be able for it! Like aknitter said, if someone could let you lie down in their room for an hour during the day then that'd be a great help!

Aknitter - glad the rest is helping. I've really learned how important rest is. It's hard though when you are used to your body being able to whatever you want it to do. I spend a lot of my time resting - it's the only way I can get through it!

Yes wedding could me the distraction u need at 36 weeks and can cancel close of not up to it they will understand.
    Yes rest is needed alright.
    Although I hav gone for walk and hoovered and cleaned downstairs. Got new floors fitted in our room and baby room today. All nursery needs is nursery furniture it be a new room totally. Really happy.all clean and cosy for it. Think all work we doing is making time go quicker.

lynda18 wrote: »
    Yes wedding could me the distraction u need at 36 weeks and can cancel close of not up to it they will understand.
    Yes rest is needed alright.
    Although I hav gone for walk and hoovered and cleaned downstairs. Got new floors fitted in our room and baby room today. All nursery needs is nursery furniture it be a new room totally. Really happy.all clean and cosy for it. Think all work we doing is making time go quicker.

It's nice to get stuff ready, isn't it? I bought my last few bits and pieces today. Just have to do an online order with Amazon for a few things and I'm done. Hurray! Had a day of running around loads so am knackered now.

I was at a funeral home tonight as a great-uncle died so I was keeping my mum company. I can tell you, a bump is the best accessory for a funeral - is a great talking point with family you don't know! My mum was saying she was glad she brought him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

ive had a rough couple of days, my gastro bug lasted for longer than expected its left me weak and tired.
    I just been invited to a wedding in 3 weeks :eek: no idea where to look for a dress. Any ideas ladies?

Hope everyone is ok and babies are treating ya well. Babies kicks are getting more frequent and powerful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

sunshiner wrote: »
    ive had a rough couple of days, my gastro bug lasted for longer than expected its left me weak and tired.
    I just been invited to a wedding in 3 weeks :eek: no idea where to look for a dress. Any ideas ladies?

Hope everyone is ok and babies are treating ya well. Babies kicks are getting more frequent and powerful.

Sounds awful Sunshiner. Take it easy for the next while.

Asos? Or nelo maternity online?
    I'm living in my track suit so no real experience of buying maternity dresses.

Yes I got a dress in nelo for wedding they great fit and length! Wore it sat and still looks well!! So sorry u sick so long! Awful for u!!
    Snow Is crazy outside!all snuggled in bed !;)

Sunshiner - that's awful :( I know how draining puking all the time is and how miserable it can make you. You have my complete sympathy.

I am also keeping warm in bed with the cat - bucketing snow here. I think I overdid it a bit yesterday so I'm very groggy and nauseous today. Just going to take it easy I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

thanks everyone for the kind wishes. Its sunny in cork, not a hint of snow.

Im the same as you blueskye tracksuits and yoga pants all the way. Thanks for the recommendations for the dresses.

take it handy murdy, blueskye how are you feeling?

Hi Everyone,

Sunshiner so sorry to hear u still have the bug.Sorry to hear some of yee are uncomfortable too. Lots of positive thougths being sent ur way. I had another scan today. Baby is 2 and a half pounds almost which is average according to midwife. On track for an average sized baby at this stage. Baby is still breech but my placenta has moved out of the way which is good news. I'm really keen to have vaginal birth.

Have any of yee been getting what feels like kicks down into your southern region? I actually thought a foot was going to come out last night it really freaked me.It's very unconfortable when it happens. Also I almost wet myself yesterday. It was soooooo embarrassing I took a fit of coughing and had to run for the loo. The joys eh?! I'm feelin a little panicked today at how much I have to do to get my house/ life ready for babs. Suppose its normal to feel like this but I just have zero energy to do the thing I need/ want to do.

I am at the stage now where I feel like a massive hippo. Can't believe baby will gain at least another 5 pounds! Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

sunshiner wrote: »
    thanks everyone for the kind wishes. Its sunny in cork, not a hint of snow.

Im the same as you blueskye tracksuits and yoga pants all the way. Thanks for the recommendations for the dresses.

take it handy murdy, blueskye how are you feeling?

I'm pretty good thanks Sunshiner. Doc signed me off last week so the pressure is off. Vomiting a bit at night and the usual heartburn, restless legs, insomnia but knowing I don't have to be up for work in the morning helps. Only 7 weeks to go. More steroid injections this week for their lungs. Scan tomorrow to see what they weigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Oh I feel bad - after being crocked last week I finally feel a bit more like myself! The weather is bad and I know in CUMH they were saying there was a lot in with respiratory problems, they were also very busy (did 10 c-sections last Wednesday!). I have to say, I love my leggings these days!

Hey all, how are you doing!

Sunshiner, hope the bug is gone and you're feeling better? I think there are a few nice things on Asos that might be suitable for a wedding, beware though that the sizing seems a bit small, I ordered my usual size and i found even the top was too big. It might have been a one off though. They do free returns so you could always buy a few sizes and send the wrong ones back.

Double B - i feel your anxiety on the getting ready thing. I was meant to have moved house and all by now but that's probably not happening! I get those really low kicks as well, it does feel strange sometimes..

I was in hospital yesterday getting the nerve block put into one side to see if it will work. Was fasting from midnight and didn't get food till 4 the next day so I was famished! There was some sedation so it was a nice break from the stress and pain for a bit. I'm really sore today but I think that's to be expected, plus the opposite side is still bad so I'm like half a crock. I am at my wits end with the no sleep and pain so I hope it works.

I really hope it works for you too KK! It would make such a difference, you must just be so tired of it all.

I'm having a morning sickness day, can't stop puking. This is getting ridiculous - I'm 27 weeks pregnant it's supposed to have stopped! Came across this pic in the You Laugh You Lose thread and it made me laugh. Had to send it straight to my hubby!

255860822551704398_8cmuvnxW_c.jpg

• Advertisement

krankykitty you poor thing. I really hope you get some relief today and a good sleep tonight. Hope everyone else is feeling better today. I am loving being off. I dunno how I'll go back to work after Easter! I ordered some bits and bobs of inhealth.ie seems like a good site. Ordered the multimam nipple compresses, disposable undies(which are washable 10 times), mat pads and boo boo perineum oil. It can b used in other areas too. Might b worth a try to prevent tears?

Advertisement