Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Hope glucose tests went well. I
    Got all clear and was so relieved! Not feeling much out baby today bit worried! One thing after another;) going for test is making me more concious of eatting proper though. Seen one baby very sick in hospit yest and make u really nervous
    Hope flus and sickness are feeling better
    Week half way over for work now today ;)

Hope glucose tests went well. I
    Got all clear and was so relieved! Not feeling much out baby today bit worried! One thing after another;) going for test is making me more concious of eatting proper though. Seen one baby very sick in hospit yest and make u really nervous
    Hope flus and sickness are feeling better
    Week half way over for work now today ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

i slept in so i had to rebook for monday. it was a walk in surgery so i didnt waste anyones time thankfully.

Hows everyones bumps? the baby is the size of cauliflower i love those veg/fruit comparisons. Baby is very active giving me kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

That's great lynda, must be a relief.

Hope your test goes well too sunshiner.

Well I gave in and rang my doc, have been signed off til end of pregnancy. I was vomiting again last night and couldn't sleep with nausea and heartburn and blowing my nose all flipping night. Finding it impossible to get comfortable in bed. At around 3am I thought, how am I supposed to do a day's work on no sleep? So I phoned in sick. I felt really guilty about it but honestly I'm relieved now, I am just not able for it. Been sleeping on and off all day.

Some serious kicking from babies earlier but they've gone quiet now. According to my app, they're the size of a butternut squash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    That's great lynda, must be a relief.

Hope your test goes well too sunshiner.

Well I gave in and rang my doc, have been signed off til end of pregnancy. I was vomiting again last night and couldn't sleep with nausea and heartburn and blowing my nose all flipping night. Finding it impossible to get comfortable in bed. At around 3am I thought, how am I supposed to do a day's work on no sleep? So I phoned in sick. I felt really guilty about it but honestly I'm relieved now, I am just not able for it. Been sleeping on and off all day.

Some serious kicking from babies earlier but they've gone quiet now. According to my app, they're the size of a butternut squash?

My baby is the size of a cucumber at the moment :)

Sounds like you made the right decision, I know things have been a million times easier for me since I don't have to go to work. I was on a contract though so no sick leave, just finished it early. It makes such a difference when you're lying awake knowing that you don't have to go into work. You won't know yourself from now on. I found the tiredness made my nausea and vomiting worse so you'll probably feel so much better from now on.

I had an awful night sleep last night. The baby was doing some serious acrobatics so my belly was rippling. My husband could feel it on his back when I was cuddled into him and he said I was thrashing around and my whole body was shaking so I guess that explains why I'm so lacking in energy the last few days - baby is just really active. I feel bad for him because he has to go to work but he just likes feeling the baby move! After he left this morning I went back asleep and woke up at 12.30 :eek: Guess I just needed the extra sleep - I really must not be getting much at night. The baby went really quiet this morning then when I woke up but he's back to moving around loads know but I was worried for a while :)

Glad the glucose test went well Lynda!!

• Advertisement

hope you feel better soon blueskye,that sounds like no fun. i thing you made the right decision,mind yourself.

good news lynda on glucose test.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Hi girls

I'm devastated I have gestational diabetes....it's still a shock, I've to go back into the coombe in the morning for a class about diet etc and then back in on Tuesday to get more bloods done.

I have been taken off my midwife led care and back under consultant in hospital.....so upset and feel like a bit of a failure!

Enough of my moaning......I'm glad your results came back good Lynda and slightly jealous :-)

I'd say it's a relief Bluesky that you have been signed off...enjoy the time before babies come :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Hi Everyone,
    Bluesky.... well done for making that tough decision. Definitely for the best by the sound of things. Take care of yourself and those babes.
    Lainycool.... I'm so sorry to hear that. Ya could do without that news. You poor thing. Hopefully now that they have spotted it they will manage it very well. My friend had it during her 2nd preg and she was fine as was baby. They just kept a close eye on her and she had to watch her diet. Did you have any symptoms or clues that you had it apart from the test results.
    Lynda I'm glad ur test went well.

I just had a peep at the due April thread. They're all so close and one has had baby already I think and looks like one is about to. My God girls that'll be us soooooo soon. Think I've a sore throat coming on. My whole class have it at the minute so dunno how I've escaped until now. I'm getting super tired now. Don't know if I'll last in work much longer. Its really tough going on my back stooping down to the kids all day. P.E class yesterday was very funny too!!
    Have any of yee started using a fitness/pregnancy ball? I have but am worried I'm too early. I am gently bouncing up and down on it every evening for the past week for a couple of 5 minute sessions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭DoubleB

Also in case yee didn't see...mamas and papas have a mid season sale started today.

Thanks for all the kind wishes ladies :) it means a lot. It's hard to slow down but I know it's the right decision. Ya I don't mind being awake at night once I know I can get some rest in the day.

Sorry to hear that lainycool. I hope they can manage it easily enough for you. Anyone can get Diabetes in pregnancy. A friend of mine had it on her pregnancy. Baby was a few weeks early but perfect and mum was fine too.

Sounds like you've got an active baby there Murdy ;) wonder will that translate to his personality when he's born.

Although being pregnant is pretty miserable, how awesome is it going to be when our babies arrive :)

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Lainy - from what you've said you sound like you're eating well so it may just be one of those things. Some people are just prone to it! At least they caught it now and you can look after yourself. I'm thinking of an episode of 16 and pregnant I watched where she didn''t know she had gestational diabetes til near the end and was eating terribly. She was really ill and puking everywhere! I'm tucking into chocolate biscuits here though so I feel guilty now :)

Yep - have an active baby here. It's funny. I know when he gets to big to move much and the movements decrease I'll be in here saying how worried I am that he's not moving much!

DoubleB wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Bluesky.... well done for making that tough decision. Definitely for the best by the sound of things. Take care of yourself and those babes.
    Lainycool.... I'm so sorry to hear that. Ya could do without that news. You poor thing. Hopefully now that they have spotted it they will manage it very well. My friend had it during her 2nd preg and she was fine as was baby. They just kept a close eye on her and she had to watch her diet. Did you have any symptoms or clues that you had it apart from the test results.
    Lynda I'm glad ur test went well.

I just had a peep at the due April thread. They're all so close and one has had baby already I think and looks like one is about to. My God girls that'll be us soooooo soon. Think I've a sore throat coming on. My whole class have it at the minute so dunno how I've escaped until now. I'm getting super tired now. Don't know if I'll last in work much longer. Its really tough going on my back stooping down to the kids all day. P.E class yesterday was very funny too!!
    Have any of yee started using a fitness/pregnancy ball? I have but am worried I'm too early. I am gently bouncing up and down on it every evening for the past week for a couple of 5 minute sessions!!

When I look back at the last few weeks I suppose I have had symptoms but not took any notice of them, Sleeping alot after eating and going to the bathroom alot and I did have glucose in my urine a few weeks ago, I feel better after sitting down with my other half and we have said we will look at this in a positive way and just eat as healthily as I possibly can and if I'm honest I have been eating alot of sugar and refined carbohydrates the last few weeks....That's one thing that I have noticed is that my appetite has decreased and I have felt nauseous so I have been eating cereal for dinner as well as breakfast so that is probably part of the problem, Porridge from now on :)
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Lainy - from what you've said you sound like you're eating well so it may just be one of those things. Some people are just prone to it! At least they caught it now and you can look after yourself. I'm thinking of an episode of 16 and pregnant I watched where she didn''t know she had gestational diabetes til near the end and was eating terribly. She was really ill and puking everywhere! I'm tucking into chocolate biscuits here though so I feel guilty now :)

Yep - have an active baby here. It's funny. I know when he gets to big to move much and the movements decrease I'll be in here saying how worried I am that he's not moving much!

Thanks Murdy I had been very good but the last few weeks I have been eating alot of crap and not eating very well at all!
    I was only saying though I felt like I had morning sickness these past few weeks so it probably had something to do with that!
    Awh it's so lovely to feel them moving around, My baby is a night owl, I always worry when I don't feel movement during the day and then at night time it has a little rave in my tummy lol

Lainy sorry for ur result but like u say once u eat well its going be fine and better to no! Plus baby will get VIP consultant care now too.
    It will be all fine !it might even decrease after week of diet tha happens too.

Blue sky glad bout ur job u really had to!

Work was really stressful and i feel less able stress! I was crying! Can't wait to finish up!

Stuck into one born every
    Minute now.

Must look up sale better hav look. We where not going get crib but think we will now. We where not going to but cots look so big and baskets so small.

lynda18 wrote: »
    Lainy sorry for ur result but like u say once u eat well its going be fine and better to no! Plus baby will get VIP consultant care now too.
    It will be all fine !it might even decrease after week of diet tha happens too.

Blue sky glad bout ur job u really had to!

Work was really stressful and i feel less able stress! I was crying! Can't wait to finish up!

Stuck into one born every
    Minute now.

Must look up sale better hav look. We where not going get crib but think we will now. We where not going to but cots look so big and baskets so small.

I feel the same about baskets/cots. We bought the babylo gliding crib (the one that goes side to side) but bought it online secondhand and just got a new mattress. Was half the price! They do have them new in mothercare and mamas and papas though. I got fitted sheets for it as well in Smyths and I think they had a crib there too.

lainycool wrote: »
    Hi girls

I'm devastated I have gestational diabetes....it's still a shock, I've to go back into the coombe in the morning for a class about diet etc and then back in on Tuesday to get more bloods done.

I have been taken off my midwife led care and back under consultant in hospital.....so upset and feel like a bit of a failure!

Enough of my moaning......I'm glad your results came back good Lynda and slightly jealous :-)

I'd say it's a relief Bluesky that you have been signed off...enjoy the time before babies come :-)

sorry to hear that lainycool, thats sucks.ut at least you will get on top of it Did you have to drink a big bottle of lucozade?in fairness i dont drink sugary fizzy drinks so drinking that amount is crazy i duno how they expect your body to break it down in 2hours.:eek:

sunshiner wrote: »
    sorry to hear that lainycool, thats sucks.ut at least you will get on top of it Did you have to drink a big bottle of lucozade?in fairness i dont drink sugary fizzy drinks so drinking that amount is crazy i duno how they expect your body to break it down in 2hours.:eek:

Yep the lucozade was horrible and I brought in a lovely cold bottle and they gave me a warm jug which was disgusting :mad:

I'm hoping I don't have to go through that whole rigmaroll on Tuesday, 3 hours hanging around the hospital = not fun!

Goodluck with your test :)

Oh ye it's a horrible test wit drink and sitting and blood tests! Hope u don't again. It's really nothing u can blame self for at all! Like we
    All been eating more
    Sweet or treats but it's just something u get. It goes afte
    Pregnancy and baby be fine too so i try not worry. I had crap few weeks diet wise. Changing diet after test myself
    Gave me wake up call. So hope u ok.

Imagine now only 11 more days of March then we be finished in no time wit baby in arms. Can't wait exercise proper again and feel
    Myself .

Oh ye it's a horrible test wit drink and sitting and blood tests! Hope u don't again. It's really nothing u can blame self for at all! Like we
    All been eating more
    Sweet or treats but it's just something u get. It goes afte
    Pregnancy and baby be fine too so i try not worry. I had crap few weeks diet wise. Changing diet after test myself
    Gave me wake up call. So hope u ok.

Imagine now only 11 more days of March then we be finished in no time wit baby in arms. Can't wait exercise proper again and feel
    Myself .

Thanks Lynda18
    It's the guilt already kicking in ha, it's so exciting and unbelievable how quick our pregnancies have gone......well for me anyway!
    I was looking at all the newborn babies in the hoapital today and I just can't believe all going well that in 12 weeks I will have one, Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Hope appointment made u feel better today Lainy

I walked twenty minutes from bus this morning and got sore am out breath when I got in! Terrible! Hope baby was just lying funny!

V tired still not sleeping great and waking by 5 30n
    Braxton kicks hav started ! Scary ha ha!

Hope all feel well today! Dunnes are meant hav baby sale I'm going look at lunch

Hope appointment made u feel better today Lainy

I walked twenty minutes from bus this morning and got sore am out breath when I got in! Terrible! Hope baby was just lying funny!

V tired still not sleeping great and waking by 5 30n
    Braxton kicks hav started ! Scary ha ha!

Hope all feel well today! Dunnes are meant hav baby sale I'm going look at lunch

Thanks Lynda!
    I went today anyway and was there in the education class from 9-12.30, It was a long but very informative class, I have to test my blood sugar levels 5 times per day and I'm on a special diet!
    It's scary with what can happen if you don't look after yourself but I will not let a piece of sugar into my mouth :D

The good thing about this whole thing is that I won't be let go over 40 weeks the midwife was saying that if we haven't went naturally by 39 weeks that it will probably mean induction!

I'll know more on Tuesday......Back to the coombe for me!

Did the pains clear for you Linda?
    Is it clothes that are on sale in Dunnes?
    Hope everyone is doing good.....Nearly the weekend TG!!!

• Advertisement

lainycool wrote: »
    Thanks Lynda!
    I went today anyway and was there in the education class from 9-12.30, It was a long but very informative class, I have to test my blood sugar levels 5 times per day and I'm on a special diet!
    It's scary with what can happen if you don't look after yourself but I will not let a piece of sugar into my mouth :D

The good thing about this whole thing is that I won't be let go over 40 weeks the midwife was saying that if we haven't went naturally by 39 weeks that it will probably mean induction!

I'll know more on Tuesday......Back to the coombe for me!

Did the pains clear for you Linda?
    Is it clothes that are on sale in Dunnes?
    Hope everyone is doing good.....Nearly the weekend TG!!!

Hope it all goes ok for you.

Re Dunnes: They have a sale on persil non-bio and toilet roll and some johnson's baby wash and nappies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hey all... Lainycool, sorry to hear about the test result, that sucks :( Hopefully the diet etc won't be too awful.

You poor lot going through all those tests, I managed to escape that one.

God Lainy sounds hard enough but thankfully u no an can look after u and baby! Plus delighted no more than 39 weeks for u!!!
    I am off sugar myself since test made me more aware !

I got advent bottles reduced from 17 to twelve euro and half price nappy bags! Wasnt great sale to be honest ! Got a nightdress for labour too nearly cried !!! Realising I hav to do it ;) ha ha!

Pains are gone now !! I am finding work alot harder though feel its stopping me enjoy pregnancy worrying bout it! My fiend called for dinner and I hadn't seen her in ages! She couldn't believe my bump!! Ha too big !! Wonder how much heavier to go!!

i got some kind of gastro bug :( its one thing after another.
    its horrible out,im gonna veg in front of the telly and feel sorry for myself.

sunshiner wrote: »
    i got some kind of gastro bug :( its one thing after another.
    its horrible out,im gonna veg in front of the telly and feel sorry for myself.

Oh no :( Are you keeping anything down? vomiting really is so horrible. I remember it well :) It is awful out there as well. I made myself go out to Aqua Fit earlier and there were floods everywhere. I'm glad I went because I always feel really good after it but it's just miserable. You're dead right to have an afternoon vegging.

I've told my husband to leave work early in case he gets stuck in town - the M50/M11 is already flooded at Bray/Cherrywood and the darts are only going as far as Dun Laoghaire. I've told him to get home and I'll collect him from DL station - just in case it gets worse!

Oh no sunshiner did u go doc? Hate been sick pregnant !

Murdy I'm so jealous I feel wit weather I'm not walking and just sitting! Would love a nice class! I be skipping to the gym in August!

Weather awful dont even want leave office tongonhome because the effort of rain and busses. I hav go limerick wit work next week! Bit nervous bout going so far from home alone now

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

Hey Guys, Lainy - sorry to hear about the diabetes that sucks but you'll be watched like a hawk and its good to know about eating right for always anyway. Good to see everyone else is ok.

I'll probably be taken from the midwives aswell - I had an asthma attack on Tues night / wed morning and was admitted to CUMH wed morning. It was a bit scary especially when I saw the midwives were worried and haranguing a doctor to come down to me. I haven't had one since I was a child so it was a bit of a shock and my temp was so high that I'd swear I was a bit delirious in bed, not sure what was going on. So I'm on steroids, nebulisers and antibiotics - feel bad shoving all that into me but it would be worse if I stopped breathing. Baby was fine - apparently I was in more danger cause the oxygen will pool to the baby. I have a chest infection and my chest is only now able to cough so its time for feet up for a few days.
    Have to say that CUMH are great. The midwives do a great job of putting up with grumpy women who argue and complain over everything and keeping track of the rest of us!

BTW one thing I am going to buy as soon as I can is a set of ear plugs and an eye mask. There was a woman in the bed across from me and I have never heard noises like that coming from another human being. Add to that the ladies coming in in labour and midwives doing checks it was hard to sleep.

Oh no sunshiner did u go doc? Hate been sick pregnant !

Murdy I'm so jealous I feel wit weather I'm not walking and just sitting! Would love a nice class! I be skipping to the gym in August!

I only have the energy for Aqua Fit because I'm not at work! If I was I'd still be in bed the whole time :)
    aknitter wrote: »
    Hey Guys, Lainy - sorry to hear about the diabetes that sucks but you'll be watched like a hawk and its good to know about eating right for always anyway. Good to see everyone else is ok.

I'll probably be taken from the midwives aswell - I had an asthma attack on Tues night / wed morning and was admitted to CUMH wed morning. It was a bit scary especially when I saw the midwives were worried and haranguing a doctor to come down to me. I haven't had one since I was a child so it was a bit of a shock and my temp was so high that I'd swear I was a bit delirious in bed, not sure what was going on. So I'm on steroids, nebulisers and antibiotics - feel bad shoving all that into me but it would be worse if I stopped breathing. Baby was fine - apparently I was in more danger cause the oxygen will pool to the baby. I have a chest infection and my chest is only now able to cough so its time for feet up for a few days.
    Have to say that CUMH are great. The midwives do a great job of putting up with grumpy women who argue and complain over everything and keeping track of the rest of us!

BTW one thing I am going to buy as soon as I can is a set of ear plugs and an eye mask. There was a woman in the bed across from me and I have never heard noises like that coming from another human being. Add to that the ladies coming in in labour and midwives doing checks it was hard to sleep.

God - you must have got an awful fright! Glad baby is ok though and they are keeping an eye on you. Funny you had an attack now after all these years. Pregnancy really takes it out of you! Great tip on the earplugs and eyemask - must add it to my hospital bag list.

aknitter wrote: »

Jaysus aknitter you've been through the mill, im glad your on the mend. i heard that about earplugs,i hate sleeping in dorms or anything like that.

Im feeling much better,i didnt go to the doctor as theres nothing they can really do unless. Fluids lots of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Aknitter glad you are OK, that must have been awful having the asthma attack. My mate ended up in for a few days getting the oxygen/steroids etc with her asthma and everything was grand. As you say, better to have the medication rather than ending up sick. Mind yourself and have a good rest :)

Sunshiner glad you are on the mend too, take it easy!

Got an appointment eventually with that anaesthetist/pain management doctor today. In bits after the examination as he was checking how far my legs/hips move in the different directions. Am going to go get the nerve block in one side next wed to see how it goes. Apparently it works for some people and not for others but it's worth a try. Would do anything for a few nights sleep! I can take a limited amount of nurofen plus at night to see if it will help also (at this stage only).

Going on the antenatal class tomorrow, long day but hopefully will be worthwhile!

Advertisement