Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Congrats popz, scans are great :)

Once your sickness eases Murdy I'd be confident you'll put on weight quite quickly. But hopefully your doc can be a bit more supportive. Eating every 2 or 3 hours helped me a lot with the nausea, even though it felt wrong to eat straight after vomiting. Hope you start to improve soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Blueskye wrote: »
    I slept for 11.5 hours last night if that's any consolation? I felt much better for it today, was a weepy mess Monday and Tues (hormones!). Cannot wait for Christmas to just laze about.

Me neither, I'm falling asleep at my desk here! I really need the break of Christmas, just trying to get through the next week and a half! I thought after 12 hours sleep I'd feel better but I don't so thats' why I think it's a bit odd, unless I just slept too much?! :confused:

Yeah, hopefully I will start putting some weight on soon, once the baby starts getting bigger. It's just something we're keeping an eye on to make sure it doesn't go the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Me neither, I'm falling asleep at my desk here! I really need the break of Christmas, just trying to get through the next week and a half! I thought after 12 hours sleep I'd feel better but I don't so thats' why I think it's a bit odd, unless I just slept too much?! :confused:

Yeah, hopefully I will start putting some weight on soon, once the baby starts getting bigger. It's just something we're keeping an eye on to make sure it doesn't go the other way.

Murdy, I was reading on another forum someone mentioning having accupuncture for morning sickness. Might be worth an investigate!

Murdy, I was reading on another forum someone mentioning having accupuncture for morning sickness. Might be worth an investigate!

thanks Krankykitty, I did think about it but I probably won't have time now until after Christmas and by then hopefully the sickness will have gone. If it continues I will try anything though!

I am 16 weeks today and according to the app on my phone the baby is the size of an avocado. I have one in the house here and can't quite believe there is something of that size in me! The whole fruit comparison thing always fascinates me as its a visual comparison. Only feels like a short time ago I was talking about sesame seeds and grapes.

At hospital today...

• Advertisement

I am 16 weeks today and according to the app on my phone the baby is the size of an avocado. I have one in the house here and can't quite believe there is something of that size in me! The whole fruit comparison thing always fascinates me as its a visual comparison. Only feels like a short time ago I was talking about sesame seeds and grapes.

At hospital today...

or kumquats, that was a funny one! I'm 13 weeks and my baby is the size of a lime :D

Good luck at hospital today!

I tell a lie - baby is the size of a tangerine!! Lol :)

Ah I remember the lime stage well, haha! :-)

Not looking forward to melon or turnip!

Ah I remember the lime stage well, haha! :-)

Not looking forward to melon or turnip!

I know it works up to mentioning cabbages at some stage which was scary enough! Imagine a watermelon :D

I'm wearing a pair of work trousers today and they're bet in to me. Think I'll be sticking to tights and dresses for the next while!

I know it works up to mentioning cabbages at some stage which was scary enough! Imagine a watermelon :D

I'm wearing a pair of work trousers today and they're bet in to me. Think I'll be sticking to tights and dresses for the next while!

Imagine two cabbages!!!
    I haven't been able to wear my work pants for a few weeks now. Had to start on the bio oil this week. I feel like I'm expanding by the minute. It's such a weird feeling. Not exactly loving it but its for a good cause.

• Advertisement

Imagine two cabbages!!!
    I haven't been able to wear my work pants for a few weeks now. Had to start on the bio oil this week. I feel like I'm expanding by the minute. It's such a weird feeling. Not exactly loving it but its for a good cause.

Ha - two cabbages. Crazy for you! I may start calling my bump 'cabbage' from now on :)

With two babies in there you prob are expanding quite quickly - will be interested to hear about your bump development! I thought I'd get away with the work trousers until at least after Christmas but I guess not. Going to buy maternity stuff in the sales anyway.

Well I had the scan earlier. Can't believe how bigger young Avocado :D is! They were very quiet today not as much activity as last time, just a small bit of leg movement and looked a bit like thumb sucking. It's looking more cramped in there already, compared to previous scans where there seems to be loads of space in the uterus around the baby.

The consultant was saying that sometimes the babies go through a quiet phase when they're growing, and then suddenly a day or two later your clothes stop fitting :) I haven't a bump to speak of yet, I've been fatter at previous times to be honest, and all my clothes still well fit. but maybe this quietness means it's about to pop out at any minute!

I have an anterior placenta so was warned not to expect any movement till at least 20-24 weeks. It's a bit disappointing as I think that will be exciting and will make me feel actually pregnant with a baby (as opposed to pregnant with a heartburn monster!)

On the heartburn, I have a prescription for Losec but it will only work for 12 weeks or so, so I think annoying as it is now, I'll try put up with it a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

krankykitty did u try the peppermint tea for it?

thats great news about your scan :D

That's great news about your scan - so exciting! I also love that the baby is called your little avocado now, we should all name our bumps after some kind of fruit now! After reading your post I'm really looking forward to our scan tomorrow, even though I'm a few weeks behind you and won't see as much. Interesting about your placenta, that's late to feel anything. You never know though, your avocado could be a litle rugby player and you might feel something sooner!

I'm having a hormonal day or two - was sobbing crying at the news last night seeing all those people get their Irish citizenship and was crying at Christmas songs. Seriously, bring on the weekend!

Ah hope you feel better soon Murdy. I haven't had too much of an attack of the emotional hormones yet, no crying, but a few moments of feeling a bit totes emosh though :D And a few moments of fury at silly things which I've managed to curb because I know it's not real.

Had my Christmas night out with work last night, had a nice meal and went to the pub for a bit. Was weird not drinking, but not too tempted. Home by 12 and got into bed and fell promptly asleep, was asleep for hours this morning too. Had a hard week, did a VERY long interview on Wednesday and was feeling a bit stressed. I think stress seems to have a bigger toll when you're in our "condition"!

Sunshiner - the peppermint tea didn't do much unfortunately but I do like it so it's enjoyable anyway.

Hope you're all getting a good relax this second last weekend before Christmas.. I'm burning a christmassy candle here to try to feel festive!

Hi girls, hope everyone had a good weekend. I didn't end up getting the private scan in the end. I felt so rotten on Friday night and weighed myself and was getting a bit worried so called the hospital. They told me to come in on Saturday and I spend the day in there on a drip :( Also, have been prescribed drugs to stop me getting sick. My husband is collecting the prescription today so fingers crossed that helps. We did have a little peek at baby because they checked the fluid around him/her to make sure everything was ok and baby is doing well, so that's one thing.

Went to visit friends on Saturday night and they kept telling me how great I looked because I've lost a good bit of weight. I kept asking them did they think I was fat before?! Anyway, the rest of the weekend was good and I do feel better after being on fluids.

Just have to get through this week and then I have a 2 week break - it can't come fast enough!!

Hi girls, hope everyone had a good weekend. I didn't end up getting the private scan in the end. I felt so rotten on Friday night and weighed myself and was getting a bit worried so called the hospital. They told me to come in on Saturday and I spend the day in there on a drip :( Also, have been prescribed drugs to stop me getting sick. My husband is collecting the prescription today so fingers crossed that helps. We did have a little peek at baby because they checked the fluid around him/her to make sure everything was ok and baby is doing well, so that's one thing.

Went to visit friends on Saturday night and they kept telling me how great I looked because I've lost a good bit of weight. I kept asking them did they think I was fat before?! Anyway, the rest of the weekend was good and I do feel better after being on fluids.

Just have to get through this week and then I have a 2 week break - it can't come fast enough!!

I was hoping they'd be able to help. That's great, hopefully you can keep more food down if you're not sick so much.

Totally wrecked here. Did too much over the weekend and feeling it today. Aches and pains and stuffed up. Roll on Friday.

Totally wrecked here. Did too much over the weekend and feeling it today. Aches and pains and stuffed up. Roll on Friday.

Tell me about it! Hopefully you can get a nice rest over Christmas and you won't be too busy. Is your bump still expanding? We had family over yesterday for an early Christmas dinner and they were all disappointed I had no bump at all, then it came out in the evening so I looked a bit more pregnant :)

Tell me about it! Hopefully you can get a nice rest over Christmas and you won't be too busy. Is your bump still expanding? We had family over yesterday for an early Christmas dinner and they were all disappointed I had no bump at all, then it came out in the evening so I looked a bit more pregnant :)

I think it has slowed down the past few days. I was feeling enormous but when I showed my parents the bump Saturday they didn't seem to think it was as big as I was making out. Feels huge to me though!

• Advertisement

I'm finding that the changes to my body are very noticeable to me but not as much to everyone else so maybe you're similar?! My body shape has really changed because I've lost weight from weird places but not my stomach so I feel like I look really different but only my husband agrees!

I would love a bump that didn't go away during the day but I bet when we're all really big we'll be in here moaning about how uncomfortable we are! :p

I'm finding that the changes to my body are very noticeable to me but not as much to everyone else so maybe you're similar?! My body shape has really changed because I've lost weight from weird places but not my stomach so I feel like I look really different but only my husband agrees!

I would love a bump that didn't go away during the day but I bet when we're all really big we'll be in here moaning about how uncomfortable we are! :p

Ya most likely. You'll have it soon enough :)

I'm not really looking forward to being huge. Knowing my bump will be extra massive scares me but I know it 's good for the babies...my aunt is tiny and gained 5 stone when pregnant with her twins!!! She went back to normal but what a strain on your body.

Ya most likely. You'll have it soon enough :)

I'm not really looking forward to being huge. Knowing my bump will be extra massive scares me but I know it 's good for the babies...my aunt is tiny and gained 5 stone when pregnant with her twins!!! She went back to normal but what a strain on your body.

5 stone :eek: At least she didn't stay that way. Maybe you're bump won't be that much bigger in the end, aren't twins usually a bit smaller beacuse they have to share the space? You might just end up looking like a woman having one baby who got quite big :)

That's one positive about having lost 6KG in my first trimester (the only positive really). I'll have much less baby weight to lose afterwards. My mum was 3lbs over her pre-pregnancy weight the day after she had me!

Hope everyone is ok,my sister in law had her baby a month early last night. All fine ,im an Auntie. I was doing fine until the hubbie started going on about childbirth. Which i said im not thinking about it til it happens, whats the point in freaking yourself out. Are ye ladies of the same opinion and do you take it week by week and read the progress rather than skipping ahead to the gorey details. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

sunshiner wrote: »
    Hope everyone is ok,my sister in law had her baby a month early last night. All fine ,im an Auntie. I was doing fine until the hubbie started going on about childbirth. Which i said im not thinking about it til it happens, whats the point in freaking yourself out. Are ye ladies of the same opinion and do you take it week by week and read the progress rather than skipping ahead to the gorey details. :eek:

Don't worry about the labour - you're so eager to get the baby out of you by that stage you won't care!!

I had appointment this morning - all great. Another scan pic to add to the collection! big scan on valentines day - its a sign!! Can't wait.

Hope you're all doing well. All good here other than the crazy pregnancy dreams.

5 stone :eek: At least she didn't stay that way. Maybe you're bump won't be that much bigger in the end, aren't twins usually a bit smaller beacuse they have to share the space? You might just end up looking like a woman having one baby who got quite big :)

That's one positive about having lost 6KG in my first trimester (the only positive really). I'll have much less baby weight to lose afterwards. My mum was 3lbs over her pre-pregnancy weight the day after she had me!

Oh I'd say I'll be huge. My obstetrician has worked a lot with multiples in U.S. and the research is all for gaining weight up to 28 weeks as twins's growth slows after that unlike single babies.

I've been told to gain 20lbs by 20 wks and more after :eek. I've gained a stone already with not a lot of effort surprisingly. But its all in the bump. But apparently the aim is the bigger they get in the womb, the less intervention they'll need after. But hopefully all the breast feeding after will help me lose the weight.

Hope you start to see the weight increase a little now.

highly1111 wrote: »
    Don't worry about the labour - you're so eager to get the baby out of you by that stage you won't care!!

I had appointment this morning - all great. Another scan pic to add to the collection! big scan on valentines day - its a sign!! Can't wait.

Hope you're all doing well. All good here other than the crazy pregnancy dreams.

Oh yes, the dreams. They're mad, aren't they? I had a dream i was on the Titanic last night but i couldn't find a lifeboat. What's that all about?! So glad you got another peak at the baby. It makes it so real doesn't it? Seeing mine on Saturday while I was feeling so rotten definitely made me feel better. I may be suffering by bubs looks -pretty comfortable :)
    Oh I'd say I'll be huge. My obstetrician has worked a lot with multiples in U.S. and the research is all for gaining weight up to 28 weeks as twins's growth slows after that unlike single babies.

I've been told to gain 20lbs by 20 wks and more after :eek. I've gained a stone already with not a lot of effort surprisingly. But its all in the bump. But apparently the aim is the bigger they get in the womb, the less intervention they'll need after. But hopefully all the breast feeding after will help me lose the weight.

Hope you start to see the weight increase a little now.

Me too - once the nausea/vomiting is gone I'm going to eat rings around myself!

20lbs in by weeks seems like so much but sure, the babies and the fluid will be most of that if you think about it. It's all in a good cause anyway, as you said the more they gain in the womb the better. Have you started using stretch mark cream on your bump? I use bio oil every day or two because some days my stomach is flat and some days I have a noticeable bump so I reckon it's a good time to start - with the skin going in and out like that!

I'm trying not to think about labour - in my mind I'll just fall asleep and the baby will appear out of me. Will worry about it when it comes. Every labour is different and you just don't know what's going to happen so I'm trying not to second guess it at all. It is scary when you think about it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

I had my first scan today it was such great feeling and said I'm due 16th June. Could see arms and legs and all so real now. Was so anxious going in.

Awh thats great lynda18 it really puts your mind at rest too when they say everything is normal.
    I must say my energy levels are getting better,but i do have back pain,which ill mention to the gp.

• Advertisement

That's great Lynda18 - it must have been so lovely to see baby and reassuring that everything is well!

Advertisement