Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due June 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

That is crap Murdywurdy, Well hopefully the last few days are a sign of things to come at least it's the weekend now so just try take it easy :)

I'm the same Lynda18 with the pains it was kind of freaking me out and then I read up on it and they say it's stretching pains which I suppose does make sense, I just don't like to feel any kind of pain as it terrifies me!

Other than that I just have constipation and a few spots on my chest and back which are very annoying, I'm lashing on the oil all over my body as I'm terrified of getting stretch marks!

I feel so proud of myself this week I scrubbed my house from top to bottom (Haven't had the energy or desire to do it the last few weeks) and I defo feel better for doing that, I think my mind is cleansed now ha!

Happy Friday everybody :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Oooh, well done on cleaning your house, maybe your second trimester energy is kicking in? My place is not looking great, my husband is good but he doesn't have the same standards as me :)

Lynda - the veiny boobs are weird, aren't they? Mine look like a motorway map. I have big enough boobs anyway so them getting bigger is weird! I read the pains are ligaments stretching because of your expanding uterus. I think most pregnant women find them a bit scary, especially on your first.

Yeah, the sickness coming back sucks but I'd rather have had 5 days off then been sick the whole time, I got a few meals into me which takes a bit of worry away about nutrients and things. Fingers crossed it will go again soon. I think the weekend will help. I'll take it easy tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Good to know I wasnt the only way who had let the housework slide - had no inclination to do any cleaning - but looking forward to giving the place a goold olde Pre Christmas scrub this evening - tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Oooh, well done on cleaning your house, maybe your second trimester energy is kicking in? My place is not looking great, my husband is good but he doesn't have the same standards as me :)

Lynda - the veiny boobs are weird, aren't they? Mine look like a motorway map. I have big enough boobs anyway so them getting bigger is weird!

Yeah, the sickness coming back sucks but I'd rather have had 5 days off then been sick the whole time, I got a few meals into me which takes a bit of worry away about nutrients and things. Fingers crossed it will go again soon. I think the weekend will help. I'll take it easy tomorrow.

Hopefully that's what it is and not just a phase cause my oh wouldn't be great for cleaning either ( I don't even like the way he stacks the dishwasher ha)

Would you be able to keep veg soup down or something like that?

Im actually surprised at how quick the last 13 weeks have went for me considering i found out so early, Have they went quick for everyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

I'm still sick every night, 11 weeks now, yay, and my first appointment is on the 21st, hopefully will have a scan soon after that!! xcited but just not feeling great... ever.. haha.. See to be really cheerful though, apart from every now and again... :) So I suppose it could be worse... My boyfriend said something great to me earlier and I want to share it with all of yous...

"You're doing an extremely important thing, you are the only one who can hold our baby right now,... it loves you instinctively and will grow to love me. You are the most important thing to me and this baby, and that's the greatest thing we have in common... Your body is catering to its every need, without you, it couldnt be here. Remember right now, you're everything to me, and it!"

I hope this makes anyone feel better, especially during tough times... it doesn't wanna make us sick... it just doesn't really know how to share yet;)

xxxxxxxxx

• Advertisement

Aww, sweet :) I feel guilty for making my mum so sick (she lost over 2 stone with me :eek:) but she says I was worth it, even 30 years later so I try to remember that.

I might try soup for lunch, the canteen at work does lovely food. I haven't vomited since before I left the this morning so that's a good three hours which is pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Ha we are all same with the housework! i am itching to get home and start on it! never let go so bad and clothes really catching up! the bf is no use with clothes! i felt this week i was turning into slob just sitting and no cleaning or walking! going get back to routine now this evening!
    Jennii - That was really sweet of your boyfriend and so true too! you are same weeks as me and my appointment 18th! think after that i relax alot more. i hope :)
    is anyone else starting show? i really feel my stomach going bigger or harder! but could b due to sitting so much as used to be going everywhere!

lynda18 wrote: »
    Ha we are all same with the housework! i am itching to get home and start on it! never let go so bad and clothes really catching up! the bf is no use with clothes! i felt this week i was turning into slob just sitting and no cleaning or walking! going get back to routine now this evening!
    Jennii - That was really sweet of your boyfriend and so true too! you are same weeks as me and my appointment 18th! think after that i relax alot more. i hope :)
    is anyone else starting show? i really feel my stomach going bigger or harder! but could b due to sitting so much as used to be going everywhere!

I have a little bump - a small rounded stomach but it's only because I lost a good bit of weight through illness. I think you wouldn't see anything if it wasn't for that. Some days it's bigger than others but it's really hard which is weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Couchkitten

I'm much thicker round the waist but it's pure fat, probably because I've been "treating" myself constantly....I really need to get a grip on that.

No veiny breasts yet, something else to look forward to. They are huge though, one day last week they were so big that they kept popping out of my bra when I moved my arms.

I'm 11 weeks and my first appointment is on the 10th. I can't wait to start telling people. I have a pub crawl and a boozy lunch to get through this weekend, and it's tough to pretend your drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

Hi al

Great to hear how you are all doing. Murdy, that is crap your sickness is back but hopefully it'll die down soon.

Jennii that is such a lovely comment, so true. Sorry to hear you're still sick too, it should pass soon.

We had first appt with ob/gyn yesterday, I'm going privately now. She was fantastic. She has a lot of experience with multiples overseas. We had another scan, either it was more detailed than our first one or those twins of mine have grown a lot in 10 days!!! We were looking at all the vertebrae in their spines, their hands and feet were wiggling away. One of them has spread him/herself right out in there. But all looks good for now which is very reassurring. There are more risks with identical twins (share the one placenta) so she's going to scan me every two weeks from now on (I'm 14+6).

I had been feeling huge (already in maternity pants) but she said all the weight is baby (babies), no fat at all which is good to hear. And she wants me to have put on 20lbs by 20 weeks :eek: Aand I have to take extra vitamins and take it easier exercise-wise (I did some jogging in the gym and felt great) but apparently it's back to walking for me.

I managed to clean downstairs yesterday so going to tackle upstairs today. My OH's intentions are great but it takes him a few days to get around to jobs and then doesn't do them quite like me. But he tries :) I feel like the house is never tidy anymore but I think it's just been more of an effort.

At least it's the weekend :D Enjoy everyone x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

Hey Everyone

That's great news about your scan Blueskye, glad everything is going good. Cant imagine what it must be like with twins!!

I too was looking forward to this fabled second trimester energy burst, but the irony is I was actually more energetic when I was sick lol. Have been dozing off any time i sit down the past week..

Murdy hang in there with the sickness.. when it started easing for me I too had the odd few days here and there where it would return, but it seems to be getting longer between now. It was also when I was extra tired/sick/overworked or whatever that the sickness would return.

Couchkitten, good luck on Monday, it will be great when you can start sharing the news.

I hadn't a bump at all till during the week, then it just seemed that all of a sudden i got a bit "fatter" round the middle, doesn't look bump like more like I've had a few big dinners. Have my 16 week appt next Thursday.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and was able to pretend to drink in front of friends, if necessary! I've been a bit of a pukemonster so was feeling a bit sorry for myself today. My family came over for dinner which was a good thing, it made me get up and get dressed and do some cooking and I was actually not too bad. Think the sickness will be around for another few weeks but hopefully won't be as bad as it has been. Just two weeks until Christmas, just two weeks... it's keeping me going :)

Everyone knows about the baby now and it's so nice to have it out there - no secrets from anyone!

Also, I was in the chemist with my hubby on Friday night and showed in what maternity pads looked like. They were these big green ones that looked like bricks. He is now really freaked out (as am I actually, truth be told!)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had my 13 week scan today. Great to see the baby, it was moving like mad i swear it was dancing lol. The scans really make it real.

sunshiner wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I had my 13 week scan today. Great to see the baby, it was moving like mad i swear it was dancing lol. The scans really make it real.

Oh great! It's cool to get a peek at the baby isn't it :D definitely makes it more real.

That's great sunshiner, glad your scan went well.

I'm starting my pregnancy pilates class today, hopefully try to strengthen my back a little for all the heavy carrying in the next few months..

Glad your scan went well Sunshiner - it's so lovely to see that there really is baby in there, isn't it?!

Good luck with pregnancy pilates Krankykitty!

Thanks everyone :D

Krankykitty yeah pilates would be great for pregnancy i tried to find somewhere in my location that does it but the nearest place to me is 20miles away and they do pregnancy yoga so im gona try that in january. I think the auld pelvic floor muscles need to be strengthened alot. :rolleyes:

Antenatal classes whats everyones thoughts on it? i was offered some in the hospital but its 6 classes and an hours drive from me. Then theres one in my town and its €300!!!!:eek: which i thought was a bit much

sunshiner wrote: »
    Thanks everyone :D

Krankykitty yeah pilates would be great for pregnancy i tried to find somewhere in my location that does it but the nearest place to me is 20miles away and they do pregnancy yoga so im gona try that in january. I think the auld pelvic floor muscles need to be strengthened alot. :rolleyes:

Antenatal classes whats everyones thoughts on it? i was offered some in the hospital but its 6 classes and an hours drive from me. Then theres one in my town and its €300!!!!:eek: which i thought was a bit much

I just booked mine with the hospital. They're free if you go during the day or €80 if you want to go in the evenings with your partner. We decided it was worth paying the €80 so we're booked in to start them in March. They last for 6 weeks. we both work nearish the hospital though so that suits us. €300 is a lot of money - if it were me I'd just drive the hour to the hospital!

I'm not sure what to do with pregnancy yoga/pilates. I hate all that stuff and I know I'd be miserable doing the classes. Everyone talks about them strengthening you though and I'm not very fit so I feel like I need to do something.

Ugh stretching pains all yesterday and today. My bump has exploded. Those babies are stretching out alright.

I'm doing pregnancy Pilates but it doesn't start til January. Have heard its great.

• Advertisement

Blueskye wrote: »
    Ugh stretching pains all yesterday and today. My bump has exploded. Those babies are stretching out alright.

I'm doing pregnancy Pilates but it doesn't start til January. Have heard its great.

Aww, you're going to get such a big bump with twins. How exciting!

I have days where it's not noticeable at all and then other days (like today) when I have a noticeable bump. It's weird!

Feeling like ****e today :( Fell asleep at 7pm last night and woke up at 7.30am this morning and still feel exhausted and really nauseous. I could have slept longer if the alarm hadn't gone off. Not sure if I should be concerned or if that's completely normal. I would have loved to have stayed home today but made myself get up and come into work.

Urgh - let's hope the day goes quickly so I can go back to bed!

How's everyone else feeling today?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

Had my scan yesterday - so exciting! And we told our family and friends last night - all very real now
    Baby was kicking mad on the monitor - funny little thing!

Popz wrote: »
    Had my scan yesterday - so exciting! And we told our family and friends last night - all very real now
    Baby was kicking mad on the monitor - funny little thing!

Aww - congrats! It must be lovely to be able to tell everyone. Glad everything is well! :)

I booked in for another private scan on Saturday. I want to see what they say about the dates. I'm still ill and losing weight and we think we need to raise it with my doctor but if I'm a week earlier than I think I am then I'm not 13 weeks yet so still in the first trimester. Doc will only be interested in sickness that goes on much longer than first trimester so I feel like I need to get a more accurate date - so I know whether to worry or not. I'm looking forward to seeing baby again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Brilliant scan went well Popz! thats terrible Murdy Wurdy you stilll so sick! I have been so lucky that way!

Kranky Kitty how was pilates? would u recommend? i was going book some for January too but i do alot of travel with my job so hard make commitments! would love to do more than just walking though and meet other mothers.

The pilates was good, it was different to other classes I'd been to prior, as you don't do any of the abs stuff. It's all legs, bums back and arms stuff. I found some of it a little challenging as I get a bit of neck/back pain at the best of times but it was manageable. We all had to introduce ourselves and say how many weeks etc and how we were doing. One girl was there at 39 weeks! The instructor was talking during the exercises and giving tips/info about pregnancy as well. I think she does one of those active birth classes too.

Aww - congrats! It must be lovely to be able to tell everyone. Glad everything is well! :)

I booked in for another private scan on Saturday. I want to see what they say about the dates. I'm still ill and losing weight and we think we need to raise it with my doctor but if I'm a week earlier than I think I am then I'm not 13 weeks yet so still in the first trimester. Doc will only be interested in sickness that goes on much longer than first trimester so I feel like I need to get a more accurate date - so I know whether to worry or not. I'm looking forward to seeing baby again:)
    Hey Murdywurdy my hubbie sent this to me last week he came across this site about sickness, its an english site but suggest different treatments that maybe you could print out and discuss with your gp or your consultant. hope the mods dont mind me posting
    http://www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk/help/treatments/

Thanks Sunshiner, I'll take a look at the link and then we'll see how the scan goes and how I am over the next week or so. I am eating again and about half of it stays down but I know I'm not eating enough to stop the weight loss or to put any weight on. I'm trying to add extra calories to my meals (never thought I'd be saying that!) where I can (with things like butter and avocado etc) so I'm hoping that will help. If I just don't lose any more weight I'll be happy.

How's your sickness?

I have the odd day of sickness but nothing crazy,it has eased alot.

• Advertisement

Feeling like ****e today :( Fell asleep at 7pm last night and woke up at 7.30am this morning and still feel exhausted and really nauseous. I could have slept longer if the alarm hadn't gone off. Not sure if I should be concerned or if that's completely normal. I would have loved to have stayed home today but made myself get up and come into work.

Urgh - let's hope the day goes quickly so I can go back to bed!

How's everyone else feeling today?

I slept for 11.5 hours last night if that's any consolation? I felt much better for it today, was a weepy mess Monday and Tues (hormones!). Cannot wait for Christmas to just laze about.

Advertisement