Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekkit Server

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Schematics will copy everything AFAIK, only ever used them with vanilla objects though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Schematics will copy everything AFAIK, only ever used them with vanilla objects though.

See with tekkit , its weird. Our grief prevention tool marks macerators as wooden stairs or something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yeah CoreProtect seems to have issues with Tekkit :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

It uses the right ID numbers but those ID numbers correspond to different things in newer versions of minecraft. I'll test it out anyway

Latest server update including a giveaway for people who help me grow the channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxalJKxeVgc&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement

Can someone check out kishimo's house with core inspect. Apparently a relay and collector were stolen last night. I won't be on til this evening.

EDIT: Never mind, it's been sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Jos eph

Right, well I've just gotten Assassins Creed 3, so I'll see all of ye in a week or so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Ok, there goes our most active admin.
    What shall we do now? You were offering the server almost 24/7 support, now you're gone for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Captain Albection

My tekkit install is really glitchy and I can't even seem to get it to launch most times.

Would it be possible to simply load all the mods into my vanilla minecraft and join the server that way?

I'm really missing tekkit these days. :(

My tekkit install is really glitchy and I can't even seem to get it to launch most times.

Would it be possible to simply load all the mods into my vanilla minecraft and join the server that way?

I'm really missing tekkit these days. :(

Have you tried completely deleting and reinstalling?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Every so often Tekkit throws a temper tantrum and uninstalls Forge (lol!). Only cure is a total Tekkit reinstall I'm afraid :(

At least the launcher does all the heavy lifting for you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

are we not allowed red matter?

Xeyn wrote: »
    are we not allowed red matter?

Red Matter is reserved for Donators +

Also if you do donate and get some, its against the rules to condense it.

While i'm here people are talking a map reset, at first i was a bit against it but now i'm getting a bit bored with my current set-up, i have a force field protecting my entire set up a solar panel factory and all the red/dark matter i can shake a stick at.

Whats your opinion on it, Sean has started again but hes not using condensers, that might be interesting to think about (Keep in mind we have to get rid of them eventually because the're not in the latest version of EE)

I've tried using worldedit to move a building and it moved all the tekkit blocks too so with a new world people could bring their buildings from the old one if they wish.

MagicSean wrote: »
    I've tried using worldedit to move a building and it moved all the tekkit blocks too so with a new world people could bring their buildings from the old one if they wish.

Also if we move, I'd like to help with spawn, and we could have a nearby town for shops etc ?

I seen an admin shop that sold collectors and other high powered items so they could keep track of them. The current map is missing an admin shop.

Kenno90 wrote: »
    Also if we move, I'd like to help with spawn, and we could have a nearby town for shops etc ?

I seen an admin shop that sold collectors and other high powered items so they could keep track of them. The current map is missing an admin shop.

Yeah I had an idea for an old west themed shop area, basically wood and sand. I also want to build the spawn near 0,0 so i can build a portal to the end and control access to it. My other idea was to create warps for donators to go buy red matter stuff. It would save more coding on the permissions based stuff.

I started a discussion here on the server forums here

http://tektopia.freeforums.org/what-to-do-with-the-server-t26.html

Anyone who wants a say on server changes should leave a comment. i understand Redpower is due out this weekend so I expect FTB and Tekkit update shortly after. That means no Bukkit plugins as far as I know.

I started a discussion here on the server forums here

http://tektopia.freeforums.org/what-to-do-with-the-server-t26.html

Anyone who wants a say on server changes should leave a comment. i understand Redpower is due out this weekend so I expect FTB and Tekkit update shortly after. That means no Bukkit plugins as far as I know.

i Like the idea of a secret shop , we can encase it underground in bedrock so no one can get in but donators + , there we have a few shops for red matter quantuam armour, red matter armour etc.

Yes i do think quantum armour should be donator +

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

donated

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭shinobi2600

anyone else just falling constantly when they go into the server and then getting a time out error??? If not, anyone know how to fix it, is it my client?

• Advertisement

anyone else just falling constantly when they go into the server and then getting a time out error??? If not, anyone know how to fix it, is it my client?

Someones EMC farm was overflowing. They are definitely out the window in next map.

Check out /spawn for details of game giveaway for subscribers and server players

Well, I'm 9 achievements away from 100%-ing Assassins Creed, so "I'll be back" on the server again more, on another note, everything I do try to login to the server, I get connection reset within 20 seconds :(

Edit:
    2 Achievements left :D!
    For the nobody that cares ( :P ), they are:

Completionist
    Complete ALL progress tracker grid entries. (Achieve 100% sync, not just in the campaign - current progress at 84%)

Magna cum Laudo
    Have a Trainee reach the Assassin Rank.

This will be the 3rd game I've 100%-ed, and the second Assassins Creed game I've 100%-ed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭natnif36

Same here-everytime I try to play, I get on for about a minute, then a connection reset occurs-almost given up on playing because of it-also unsure about whether there's gonna be a reset etc, so I won't be on till I am certain that it wot be deleted.
    Also there's quite the discussion about "Changing to FTB" on the forum.
    (If we do change-keep the servers folders well away front anything containing the word "Tekkit"-otherwise it will not work (GregTech has a special anti-tekkit code, if it detects tekkit, it crashes MC))

Joe is now apparently the Terminator now ,judging from his last post

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Hi Sean. Can I be made trusted on the server now? I've built some basic machines now, but need to make some more advanced stuff. Running out of materials to finish my house.

Hi Sean. Can I be made trusted on the server now? I've built some basic machines now, but need to make some more advanced stuff. Running out of materials to finish my house.
    Whats your username? Done

Hey guys. Any update on the future of the server?

I've just gotten to a point now where I can finally start making some cool stuff. But I don't want to invest too much time if there's going to be major changes/map reset. I don't care about the house I've built, but would like to take my items/machines with me if possible when the move happens.

I would like to get more involved with the community also and help with builds. My base is away from everyone. I finally made a jetpack last night, so I had a swoop around to have a look at all the stuff people have built. Some very impressive stuff, and all the regulars seem quite down to earth.

Also, I would like to donate, but I've started playing at time when there's a lot of changes going on, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

Hey guys. Any update on the future of the server?

I've just gotten to a point now where I can finally start making some cool stuff. But I don't want to invest too much time if there's going to be major changes/map reset. I don't care about the house I've built, but would like to take my items/machines with me if possible when the move happens.

I would like to get more involved with the community also and help with builds. My base is away from everyone. I finally made a jetpack last night, so I had a swoop around to have a look at all the stuff people have built. Some very impressive stuff, and all the regulars seem quite down to earth.

Also, I would like to donate, but I've started playing at time when there's a lot of changes going on, so I'm waiting to see what happens.

Redpower is now out. It has already been integrated into the mindcrack modpack. So I won't be doing anything with the server until I see what Tekkit release in the next week. If its stable and there's plugins to protect it then there will be a new server going up. Unfortunately due to the massive changes in the mod packs it won't be possible to import most of the stuff to an updated server.

As to a timescal, it depends on the mod and plugin developers but I plan on testing it before uploading it. So you can take it that nothing will change before the new year.

That's cool. Thanks for the quick reply.

Merry Xmas everyone!!

As to a timescal, it depends on the mod and plugin developers.

In regards to the plugins, McPortCentral has resumed porting mods to bukkit, they have ported a number of mods so far, so not all hope is lost. :D

• Advertisement

Hi. Can you whitelist user jenny88k?

Advertisement