Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off The Ball Official Thread <Mod Note - Post #1, #533, #6651>

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Ahwell wrote: »
    Kilbane isn't on as often as he used to be. Gary Breen and Daniel McDonnell are regulars these days. I think they're both good.

Breen is a walking cliche.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Ahwell

Pussyhands wrote: »

I don't agree. I think he is very good on the Saturday show.

Pussyhands wrote: »

That's very harsh. I think he always offers a fresh perspective and good insight when he's on. I remember him being brilliantly cutting of MON after loss to Denmark. Always impressed by him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

ah a rugby roadshow. time for a podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

Is it really necessary to play the highlights of last nights roadshow tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

redbuck wrote: »
    Is it really necessary to play the highlights of last nights roadshow tonight?

An easy way to get out of doing tonight’s show?

An easy way to get out of doing tonight’s show?

And isn’t Friday night the best of of the week?

We might get it again tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Its funny as they were saying it wouldn't be broadcast to try get more people to buy tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I heard Michael Chieka on the radio last night (admittedly I think it was Game On).

What a character, seriously funny guy. Very entertaining radio, well worth listening back to.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Not a big rugby fan and was going to switch off but glad i didn't, Michael Chieka was brilliant to listen to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

NIMAN wrote: »
    I heard Michael Chieka on the radio last night (admittedly I think it was Game On).

What a character, seriously funny guy. Very entertaining radio, well worth listening back to.
    Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Not a big rugby fan and was going to switch off but glad i didn't, Michael Chieka was brilliant to listen to.

I hard part one but no more after that but agree with the above that it was very interesting.

Going to podcast it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Murdoc90 wrote: »

Yeah it was more about the man himself more than the usual "I hit a lad at the bottom of a ruck, am'nt I a hard sneaky posh man". He's an interesting guy to listen to, he's got a good story, and he tells it well.

Do the lads genuinely dislike each other?

It didn't feel like forced banter on the crappy quiz tonight, more like genuine hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Do the lads genuinely dislike each other?

It didn't feel like forced banter on the crappy quiz tonight, more like genuine hate.

Dunno. Haven't listened to that in agea, might podcast it later.

It's rubbish, but I like it*. Don't care.

*not the buzzer noise. I hate the buzzer noise.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Dunno. Haven't listened to that in agea, might podcast it later.

It's rubbish, but I like it*. Don't care.

*not the buzzer noise. I hate the buzzer noise.

Yeah there seems to be genuine hatred between Nathan and Adrian Barry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

"Hi, Ray D'Arcy here, make sure and a get a donor card".

"Hi Ray, don't you mind your own f**king business".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

I tire of Declan Lynch’s waffling on the paper review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Yeah there seems to be genuine hatred between Nathan and Adrian Barry
    If there was a shortage of miserable c*nts Adrian Barry would make twenty of them.
    Dots1982 wrote: »
    I turned it off after 10 minutes, some inchorent rambling about Paul Pogba that I still can't comprehend 24 hours later.

What is this weird accent that Irish boxers have?

Dots1982 wrote: »

Same thing all the time with him

• Advertisement

Interview with boxer Eric Donovan was excellent last night. Was a long one but well worth the listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭robo

Interview with boxer Eric Donovan was excellent last night. Was a long one but well worth the listen.

Was just about to post the same thing, very open & honest. A long one but good listen.

Ger Gilroy saying that United should sell Pogba and then replace him with 5 of the best 21-23 years old in the world. As well as saying that 3 of them will turn out to be world class with the other two being average.
    What in God's name is he on about.

Ger Gilroy saying that United should sell Pogba and then replace him with 5 of the best 21-23 years old in the world. As well as saying that 3 of them will turn out to be world class with the other two being average.

Same thing everyone else is on about apparently. Twitter last night had no shortage of united fans saying they had had enough with his poor attitude when the going gets tough.

Same on the Man utd thread on here. Argument building to cash in on him now.

Same thing everyone else is on about apparently. Twitter last night had no shortage of united fans saying they had had enough with his poor attitude when the going gets tough.

Same on the Man utd thread on here. Argument building to cash in on him now.
    I'm on about the buying five players to replace him as it this was Football Manager.

I'm on about the buying five players to replace him as it this was Football Manager.

Yeah, maybe not 5 players who are recognized as having world class potential already but what would they get for Pogba if Madrid take the bait, or PSG? 120M? 150m?

Say even 100M, 20M/player should still get players with reasonable potential and then hope that 2-3 of them live up to it.

Barcelona bought Rakitic for 18M for example.

They wouldn't even need these players to turn in to Ballon D'or candidates, just to be as influential on the field as Pogba (not that hard it seems) while costing much less in salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Same thing all the time with him

The regulars on the paper review all have their behaviors they exhibit every time they get on.

Paul Kimmage, for instance, gets very angry about something. Could be anything- Jim Gavin being late for a press conference after winning an ireland, a rugby kid saying “mummy wouldn’t approve” to his daughter.

He equates exhibiting anger with good rigorous journalism.

He has a rant on the paper review every single time he appears. Could set your watch to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Most of any money they could sell Pogba for would be spent on one young player alone given that Sancho is being quoted as possibly costing them 100M.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Yeah, maybe not 5 players who are recognized as having world class potential already but what would they get for Pogba if Madrid take the bait, or PSG? 120M? 150m?

Say even 100M, 20M/player should still get players with reasonable potential and then hope that 2-3 of them live up to it.

Barcelona bought Rakitic for 18M for example.

5 years ago. Transfers market has changed massively since then.

• Advertisement

Amirani wrote: »
    5 years ago. Transfers market has changed massively since then.

True, but that also suggests it wouldn't be out of the question that they would get much more than 100M for Pogba.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement